High-end Nokia / Microsoft "McLaren" Windows Phone handset may debut this year, other details on new Lumia hardware leaked
0. phoneArena 05 Jun 2014, 11:39 posted on
Lumia McLaren, Cityman, Talkman, Makepeace, Superman and others are all expected to be launched by Microsoft in the future...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. oboboy14 (Posts: 51; Member since: 27 Mar 2014)
Awesome! Tried Windows Phone after 3 years of a rooted Galaxy Note running all sorts of custom roms. Flashing and trying roms was fun and the app selection is great, but I'm very pleased with my 1520 running 8.1 developer preview. Good to see Microsoft stepping up its game with flagship devices.
16. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
I was cautiously encouraged with the statement that the same phone (McLaren) will be released on three U.S. carriers at the same time. But then mention is made of Tesla and Superman being on separate carriers.
MS, if you want to grow your WP installed base, carrier exclusives are NOT the way to do it.
18. j_scorp (Posts: 55; Member since: 22 Oct 2013)
I quote "carrier exclusives are NOT the way to do it"
24. akki20892 (Posts: 3773; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
I don't know but I'm getting 930 orange.... After one year I will get 1820(goldfinger) or this McLaren.
25. akki20892 (Posts: 3773; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
And I'm also confused......there are a lot of device leaked...lol
2. j_scorp (Posts: 55; Member since: 22 Oct 2013)
Really? 2015, Really? That's lightyears away in this digital age. This is one of the reasons i'm switching from WP back to android for a spell. I'm all for flagships, new tech and the latest and greatest. New WP devices have been released on ATT and Verizon, but nothing for T-Mobile.
As soon as the LG G3 is released i'm grabbing it. Then, maybe back to WP one day.
4. b0wzer (Posts: 52; Member since: 07 Feb 2014)
Exactly! I'm tired of waiting for a high end Windows Phone. The Lumia Icon and Lumia 930 seems to be the only real choices (1520 too big) and neither will be available in Canada. LG G3 will be my first Android!
7. alex88ucv (Posts: 36; Member since: 05 Mar 2014)
Well I am done with Android.. Hello WP.. I will take a Lumia 930 or the new device from Microsoft.. I am lucky I guess.. I always buy new devices at the end of the year.. Never in the spring or summer
19. j_scorp (Posts: 55; Member since: 22 Oct 2013)
Congrats on the switch. I'm not married to any OS. I have tried them all and currently prefer WP with Android being my 2nd choice. I probably will come back to WP in 6 months.
13. muhsen (Posts: 275; Member since: 07 Jun 2012)
hmmm...did u read the article ??....2014 is a busy year for WP, T-mobile is included in the action
17. j_scorp (Posts: 55; Member since: 22 Oct 2013)
Yes I read the article, that's why I decided to comment. My point is the ICON, 1520, 1020, 930 didn't come to T-Mo. The pipeline is soft like a wet paper bag. I got the JUMP program so I could change phones every 6 months. Obviously, that's not possible with WP on T-Mo since the last phone they released was the phone I have almost a year ago.
33. SemperFiV12 (Posts: 934; Member since: 09 Nov 2010)
THIS! I am with you 1000% I am stuck between the Nexus 5 and Lumia 925... the last flagship for T-Mobile.
I try to give both phones action, but I seem to have out grown them BOTH. I give the nod to WP a bit over Android, and I will wait for more of this WP news to spill as well as the LG G3.
I swear I read all your comments, and just wanted to copy paste each one for emphasis. You and I are on very similar boats.
38. oboboy14 (Posts: 51; Member since: 27 Mar 2014)
They do have a T-mobile compatible lumia 1520 on Newegg. Its called the 1520.3, 32 GB internal storage with QI wireless charging. Has all the bands for T-mobile and ATT.
52. j_scorp (Posts: 55; Member since: 22 Oct 2013)
I saw that 1520.3. I'm glad that the 1520 is a possibility for T-Mo through other channels. I would rather walk through the front door rather than sneak through the window. Thanks for the info though.
31. joey_sfb (Posts: 4081; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Too many baggage on one shoulder I see. Personally I have nothing against WP and Microsoft.
In fact I am a Microsoft Lync administrator. I just get too much kick in teasing WP fans that is soar on Android.
I use all platforms as that is my work.
35. billgates (banned) (Posts: 555; Member since: 29 May 2014)
There would be no reason for your comment but to start war which is typical of spermdroids like yourself.
37. joey_sfb (Posts: 4081; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
That's your own perspective. How would my first comments here start a war.
If you want others to respect you. You have to show respect to others as well.
44. billgates (banned) (Posts: 555; Member since: 29 May 2014)
Look at YOUR first comment in here dude. As usual you have to sperm it up with your comment..
5. LikeMyself (Posts: 366; Member since: 23 Sep 2013)
How dare they call such rubbish McLaren? They can't use trademark names like that unless it's only for internal use in the company and not for general public! This applies to all the other rubbish phone makers as well with their rubbish overpriced toys!
8. XperiaFanZone (Posts: 1590; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
Stop crying over names, they're concept names.
34. SemperFiV12 (Posts: 934; Member since: 09 Nov 2010)
lol, no really, let him continue and use "rubbish" one more time. It's kinda fun.
9. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3473; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Another BS comment from you in just 3 hours.
10. alex88ucv (Posts: 36; Member since: 05 Mar 2014)
Are you crazy? A codename is only for internal usage
6. SportDriver (Posts: 31; Member since: 07 Nov 2012)
Oh look, cars :D. Most of those codnames are cars, Mclaren and Tesla speak for themselves, Vantage is Aston Martin and Onyx is Peugeot's concept car. Anyway, nice to see so much hardwere but fall 2015 ? That is awful lot of time. Oh and nice to see all 3 big carriers will sell same phone, finally. Looks like I will be able to chose for succesor of my Lumia 820.
11. jibraihimi (Posts: 710; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)
" P.S.: in case you didn't recognize it, the smartphone seen
at the beginning of the article is the Lumia 1020 ".........good you reminded us, i almost missed that phone, as i was looking at the pretty lady........
12. Jehovah (Posts: 69; Member since: 25 Jun 2013)
We are moving too slow... When the 1520 arrived, I belived the days of trailing after android flagships were over, but at this moment we were already supposed to be hearing about the 1020 replacement model. I hope they really leap forward if we are going to wait until next year. (I love my 1020 by the way, but I want us to do better in this war).
29. Beijendorf (Posts: 335; Member since: 27 Aug 2013)
I don't think "war" means what you think it means...
14. mayur007 (Posts: 500; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
y after aquaring nokia y didnt they did b4
15. GreekGeek (Posts: 910; Member since: 22 Mar 2014)
Camera this, camera that, megapixel this Yada Yada Yada ... Yeah like it's still 2001
46. -box- (Posts: 3959; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
If anyone had mentioned 41MP in a camera, let alone a phone camera, in 2001, people's minds would have almost literally exploded.
21. NokiaFTW (Posts: 2058; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
The L1020 right? I'm with you on that man. ;)
49. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3575; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
22. leonmbj (Posts: 44; Member since: 05 Jun 2014)
2014 is a "software year" for windows phone, with wp 8.1 and more apps
28. Beijendorf (Posts: 335; Member since: 27 Aug 2013)
Except for, you know, the revolutionary high-end 3D touch smartphone coming in November and the likelihood of a 1020 successor. Oh, and all the mid-range and low-range phones.
So other than all the hardware you could ever imagine, ever, it's a software year.
36. SemperFiV12 (Posts: 934; Member since: 09 Nov 2010)
Eagerly waiting... LG G3 vs future WP flagship on T-Mobile (I don't care if its a 1020, 1520, or a 930 revamp/replacement.)
50. j_scorp (Posts: 55; Member since: 22 Oct 2013)
Same here. WP better hurry up or i'm pressing the big red button that is the LG G3
39. corporateJP (Posts: 2322; Member since: 28 Nov 2009)
Curious to see when they drop the "Nokia" branding from the line...
40. clevername (Posts: 1435; Member since: 11 Jul 2008)
What is she doing with that 1020? It looks like she's taking a selfie because she's posed with a peace sign but she's holding the wrong end. She cant hit the button and touching the screen would cover the front facing lens.
42. dorian827 (Posts: 132; Member since: 28 Jul 2012)
So far since I left Android I am loving the new Windows Phone platform. Windows Phone has been successfully promising and delivering to its consumers and users. I am excited to see what Microsoft Mobile has in store with the acquisition of Nokia. Maybe some nice Microsoft Mobile branded phones affordable and flagship.
I have a Nokia Lumia 520 and enjoy every bit of it. In comparison to most Androids I've had its smooth as butter in performance and usability. Will be upgrading to a better WP Device just waiting for something perfect.
43. 7thspaceman (Posts: 1311; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
Hmm I read comments above about People saying Microsoft /Nokia slow to make smart phones with the latest Tech. Microsoft/Nokia smart phones sell better in the lower affordable tech and mid tech smart phones price range than their high end Tech smart phones. Microsoft /Nokia will continue to make smart phones they know People can more easily afford to buy. an Awful lot of people buy what their personal wealth can afford than what they desire. Another thing is the battery life issue smartphones with 2k to 4k screens with 8 core CPU's may drain the hell out their owners batteries. One must be weigh all factors.
45. -box- (Posts: 3959; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Oh man, two/three of my favorite brands with one phone (Microsoft/Nokia and McLaren). I'd looooooove a McLaren-themed Lumia, especially if it came on the McLaren/Papaya Orange or any of the other McLaren factory colors.
47. Daytonadave17 (Posts: 54; Member since: 26 Oct 2013)
Dont worry about the 1520(rm-938) if you are on tmobile!! I know its expensive! So get the 1520(rm-940) unlocked!!, it works LTE 4G as well! Plus its way cheaper! I'm using it now in Florida!! Daytona beach :-)
48. Daytonadave17 (Posts: 54; Member since: 26 Oct 2013)
If your in a reframed area of course! Lol ---^^^