Here's why the Xperia Z1 is the world's leading cameraphone according to Sony
0. phoneArena 09 Sep 2013, 09:40 posted on
A 5-inch Triluminos display with X-Reality engine for mobile, an IP55/58 certified body promising water and dust resistance, and the latest, most powerful Snapdragon 800...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. lee480 (Posts: 175; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)
Not surprising. Sony is known to make the world\'s best cameras, not Nokia or Samsung.
3. lee480 (Posts: 175; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)
That\'s why they are an expert in the imaging area, not Nokia.
9. kobainez (Posts: 302; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Well you\'re right that\'s what I\'m trying to say
4. trickster_qc (Posts: 80; Member since: 18 Jun 2013)
they really don't make the world's best Camera. They make very good ones, but no the best. As far as I know ( I've read about and was told ) Leica makes the best lenses. Canon makes the best '' body '' and Panasonic makes the best point and shoot.
And for sure the Z1, made by Sony, will be the best according to Sony.
The last thing Sony manufactured that they were the best at were Trinitron TVs.
5. kobainez (Posts: 302; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Have u ever heard of rx100? Best compact camera in the world
14. wicpromd (Posts: 266; Member since: 20 Aug 2013)
Rx100 was awarded as best invention of 2012 by TIME
and that is a real mighty ,having a huge sensor in such a.compact size with great quality
16. trickster_qc (Posts: 80; Member since: 18 Jun 2013)
yes I've heard.
But it's not because one of their camera is the best available right now that they are the '' world's best camera manufacturer ''.
78. AnukulVcool (Posts: 123; Member since: 02 Jun 2012)
ok then why is sgs3 sgs4 note2 note3 iphone4s iphone5 all of them using sony camera sensors. are they sick? or maybe you.....
79. AnukulVcool (Posts: 123; Member since: 02 Jun 2012)
ever heard about hawk-eye tech? guy sony is still bangin, just not for you
97. microsoftnokiawin (Posts: 968; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
that's just prefrence and your opinion unless you can validate it then NO!
10. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5762; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
And given the carrier exclusive in the U.S., Sony will be known for not making as many sales as they could have made without the carrier exclusive.
67. rd_nest (Posts: 769; Member since: 06 Jun 2010)
Leica is known to make world\'s BEST cameras.
Someone might argue with Nikon/Canon/Hasselblad, but not Sony.
Sony isn\'t regarded so highly in the professional scene.
92. McLTE (Posts: 695; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Not now, but I believe they are making great progress.
I recently sold all my Nikon gear to switch to Sony and their A77. The feature set and price is impossible to ignore and.. EVF is the future!
having said that, Sony is NOT the best in the world, but they do make great cameras. Talking cameras is just like talking phones - Canon vs. Nikon vs. Sony and Apple Vs Android vs. WP.
76. guest (Posts: 93; Member since: 13 Jun 2012)
Woo hoo my HTC one is still hanging in there at #2!
91. akki20892 (Posts: 3446; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Nokia Lumia 1020 and Sony Xperia Z1 are both superior for me.......!!! Don't fight guys, give credit to who give hard work in both phone.
if u guys agree hit like.
47. ihatesmartphone (unregistered)
Bye bye Lumia 1020...
Here I come Z1!!!
7. ArtSim98 (limited) (Posts: 2738; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
I really hope that is not biased. If those pictures are real, the Z1 really is the best one (I hope so). But it\'s just weird how the Lumia 1020 was voted so down in the comparison.
11. kobainez (Posts: 302; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
12. wicpromd (Posts: 266; Member since: 20 Aug 2013)
Lumia 1020 got nailed very hard in this comparison
i checked the Exif file
it is genuine
23. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5478; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
"i checked the Exif file
it is genuine"
Exif is aint argument, Exif easy to fake! ;)
24. kobainez (Posts: 302; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
How about we wait for comparison from PA?
27. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5478; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Does it somehow will change the fact which I have said in my comment #23 ?
89. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5478; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
What my comment has to do with a Samsung?
26. PapaSmurf (limited) (Posts: 8300; Member since: 14 May 2012)
You should check the source of the article. And as one user commented, the article is basically useless as the author hand picked what he wanted to say. GSMarena at it\'s finest.
103. torgrim (Posts: 29; Member since: 08 May 2013)
First review of Sony Z1 in:
And heres THE review of Lumia 1020 since you mention it:
DPreview will review the Sony Z1 in a few days. They are the ones I trust most, so will be exiting.
But from the first review from CNet things does not look good for Sony Z1 (at least camera wise)... Too bad, I had hopes...
101. taikucing (unregistered)
The only Nokia's pride is their big sensor (2/3"). Sony can put their 2/3" or 1" into their phone if they want to. This Z1 has only 1/2.3" sensor. Wait until Sony put their 2/3" or bigger sensors. It will blow the lumia 1020 out of the water.
13. jbitounis (Posts: 54; Member since: 08 Oct 2011)
Bahaha, so Sony wants us to trust a test that was designed and set up by Sony, to prove that a Sony cameraphone is the best in the world. Rrrright.
48. ihatesmartphone (unregistered)
17. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5478; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
In my opinion Sony Xperia Z1 is the best smartphone (at least for today).
22. PapaSmurf (limited) (Posts: 8300; Member since: 14 May 2012)
The only thing it has on other smart phones is the camera, everything else is lacking imo.
25. kobainez (Posts: 302; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
I heard that comment on nokia 1020 before. What is xperia Z1 lacks of troll?
29. PapaSmurf (limited) (Posts: 8300; Member since: 14 May 2012)
First off, 1020 runs a different OS that doesn\'t need bleeding edge specs to operate you troll. Two, stop being butthurt over my comment. Z1 only excels with the G Lens that can\'t even beat the 1020. \"World\'s leading camera phone\" is a marketing strategy that they\'re using to elevate sales.
34. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5478; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
"First off, 1020 runs a different OS that doesn\'t need bleeding edge specs to operate you troll."
Good specs are required not only for OS but for applications and games which are running on OS. Talking about the games and WP, there already was inconveniences because of small amount of RAM memory in WP devices. Also higher specs means that there is bigger chance that your device will be updated to the newer OS in the future (or less "fragmentation" due weak hardware).
38. PapaSmurf (limited) (Posts: 8300; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Please explain to me how your comment applies to the iPhone series, especially when the iPhone 4S only has 512MB of RAM.
55. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5478; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Please explain to me how my exampIe not aplies to the iPhone 4S or ANY other device?
28. jos_031 (Posts: 33; Member since: 12 Jun 2012)
What is lacking... Display i checked it is having same quality as Galaxy S4.. HTC one display is still better
31. PapaSmurf (limited) (Posts: 8300; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Design, UI, support and display (preference on Super AMOLED).
37. jos_031 (Posts: 33; Member since: 12 Jun 2012)
I checked display myself.. same quality... only phone with better display quality was htc one and LG G2... and both are LCD. not AMOLED... Designs are personal choices.. there is nothing like better ... It is just being Racist.... I have used lots of sony and nokia devices...customer support is good for both.. If you mean app support then u must be being sarcastic
40. PapaSmurf (limited) (Posts: 8300; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Uh no. Support as in being offered on multiple carriers. T-Mobile is the only carrier in the US that offers the Xperia Z. Why?
Yes design is a user preference, which I should have stated more clearly. And as far as display goes, the S4 has a better display than the One because I love the over saturated colors, especially when playing games and watching videos/movies.
Being racist lol. +1
39. buccob (Posts: 1427; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
all those reasons subjective to your opinion...
Give factual reasons that are truly objective, based on proof and comparison and you will gain a bit of respect on your comments
I personally think that the size of the phone is not for me... but it is my opinion, not a reason to disqulify the phone in terms of good or bad
30. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5478; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Everything else is lacking? Could you comment that more widely?
35. lee480 (Posts: 175; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)
He can't. Samsung fanboys; can't blame them.
Though i'm glad Sony's support is great. Luckly, the Xperia Z have gotten the 4.2 update before the HTC One and Sony's UI is way lighter compared to the bloated Samsung UI.
43. PapaSmurf (limited) (Posts: 8300; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Comment #29 and 40 are there for you to read.
Samsung fanboy? Lol someones butthurt.
56. thunderbird1984 (Posts: 9; Member since: 09 Sep 2013)
do u really hear? or u close ur ears? he said sony z1 is the best phone in the world and he is totally right!! love it or hate it no one care for ur opinion, nor ur funny stupid reasons, as a device... its the best...
better than all others by: best hardware in the market, best camera in the market, best water and dust proof device, best material used to build it, and best design as its not copied or became boring like galaxy soap design, or LG designs copied from Samsung, and the best because its not another plastic crap toy.. got it?
60. PapaSmurf (limited) (Posts: 8300; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Don't know if you're trying to troll or actually being serious...
Best phone in the world is a opinion genius. Can you hear or are you closed ears?
Best hardware on the market - Note 3 has better specs
Best camera on the market - 1020
Best water/dust proof - Z1
Best material used - Glass? Lol no thanks. iPhone 5 would be more durable than the Z1
Z1 design is completely plain and derived from the Z. Nothing fancy about it. It's a rectangular glass phone and nothing more. Every OEM copies other OEMs. Can I say Sony copied Apple with the choice of using glass for their phones?
It's great that you have opinions, but when you try to make them sound like facts, you comment becomes invalid. Got it?
62. istitch (Posts: 164; Member since: 19 Mar 2013)
i wonder who\'s comment is more invalid?
seriously, im so done with your trolls
Z1 excels in almost all aspect, if not all
i\'m not saying Z1 has the best screen or best camera, but rather the overall score. You see, not every OEM have produced a all rounded device. at least for now, Sony is approaching with Z1
dont talk about subjective matters like design, and it is not necessary for a good design to be complex.
85. PapaSmurf (limited) (Posts: 8300; Member since: 14 May 2012)
HTC One and iPhone 5 have a better design than the Z1. Just throwing that out there.
70. Feanor (Posts: 304; Member since: 20 Jun 2012)
But best device is not the one that excels in one aspect but the one that manages to be almost best in every aspect. And to this the Z1 is really unique... It doesn\'t matter if the screen is second best to the G2 or the camera proves second best to the 1020. The entire picture is what makes the best device. All other competitors have something missing.
73. thunderbird1984 (Posts: 9; Member since: 09 Sep 2013)
troll??? looks like u r a big sony hater, u feel it will pass ur company so u r trying to change the reality which is so shiny!! I will teach u few facts so u learn something:
Best hardware on the market - (Note 3 has better specs)!! better by what? same hardware with the Z1, if u say 3gb ram, I say 20 MP which is more important, plus Note 3 is a phablet not a phone which im talking about here..
Best camera on the market - (1020) !!! looks like u was sleeping the whole day, we all see the samples of Z1 which crash 1020, so u r wrong again go check the photos..
Best water/dust proof - (Z1) sure because other new flagships don't even know this feature!!
Best material used - (Glass? Lol no thanks. iPhone 5 would be more durable than the Z1)!!! really? I phone easily scratch in crazy way, plus we r talking about best new flagship introduce, do u really consider iphone as a flagship? and its not better than Z1 materials by any means, go check the video of the metal frame made for Z1, its full piece modeled in amazing way.. which is so powerful.. other new flagships very cheap plastic so glass will be so good here..
about the design, u say its plane!! but most of people agree its very unique and luxury look, especially with the new frame, so I can't convince u if u have bad taste...
what ever u try to say, u can't deny there is better advantages in Z1 than others flagships so its the best for any one try to think and decide..