Here's what the new Samsung TouchWiz UI might look like
0. phoneArena 11 Feb 2014, 03:56 posted on
On February 24, Samsung is expected to announce the Galaxy S5 smartphone along with a new version of its TouchWiz user interface. The latter is believed to be simpler and less flashy compared to previous TouchWiz iterations, as suggested by those leaked screenshots and the look of the redesigned S Health app. Also, the next TouchWiz UI will be flatter...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
7. AppleHateBoy (unregistered)
Yay for YouTube Live Stream. Samsung copying LG G2 launch (I'm kidding).
17. ReaperChief (Posts: 31; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Samsung had a Youtube Live Stream for at least 2 years now..
41. AppleHateBoy (unregistered)
Really??? Crap. I would have loved to see the Note 3 unveiling.
29. akki20892 (Posts: 3895; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Wait for design buddy, we still don't know s5 design. Maybe they r coming with note 3 design which is likely same design.
42. downphoenix (Posts: 3143; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
Do people actually LIKE this "flat" look? Ive hated it since WP7 and W8 first debutted, but it seems everyone is in a hurry to switch over to this, when I can quite recall that most people complained about the look of iOS7 and that Wp 7, 8, and W8 has never achieved widespread adoption despite being on board for more than 3 years. Is it fair to say that Touchwiz/NatureUX is not a mature enough look? Yes. But you can still have flash with subtlety, so why aren't we seeing that?
3. JC557 (Posts: 1312; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
I've seen something similar before. It was on Samsung's very own YP-P2 and P3 media players (excellent iPod alternatives BTW) so I would hope those aren't the only choice of style for the new TW. I hope there are changeable/ alternate themes available like with LG phones.
4. rd_nest (Posts: 1575; Member since: 06 Jun 2010)
Never I found any logic to comment on how good or bad circles, squares, rectangles look. They are basic geometric forms.
12. dickwyn (Posts: 620; Member since: 07 May 2012)
i believe this will soon become an icon pack to download
8. AppleHateBoy (unregistered)
And iOS 7. (Sorry. Couldn't help it.)
9. Kyokado (Posts: 115; Member since: 11 Jul 2013)
And for what its worth. The ipod nano 7gen os
38. shuaibhere (Posts: 1983; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
No... it is taken from their own early Tizen prototype....
11. XperiaOptimusOne (unregistered)
Less gimik and more practical functions please.
43. willard12 (Posts: 1508; Member since: 04 Jul 2012)
What practical functions would you like?
13. tango_charlie (Posts: 222; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)
That Teaser Image does not only "teases" the new TouchWiz UI but also new features that will come with the S5. "Outdoor" could either mean that Samsung is following Sony's route of making their devices waterproof or it could be the integration of more outdoor sensors like barometer, altimeter, thermometer...think of a Casio Pro-Trek build into your smartphone.
14. N-fanboy (Posts: 543; Member since: 12 Jan 2013)
Meego crossed with ios7. Its funny how samsung fans insisted that touchwiz is 'really good' when sammy itself is about to ditch it. But M$ could learn a thing or two from this...
18. Kyokado (Posts: 115; Member since: 11 Jul 2013)
It aint ditching. Samsung just spicing things up
22. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Didn't Samsung buy Meego?
And what they are ditching is that outdated Nature UX, not the features.
19. amasog (Posts: 338; Member since: 22 Aug 2013)
LOL! FIrefox OS icons copycat combined with nokia belle/asha???
Thats what a great copycat can do!!! LOL!!!
28. T.F.O.A (Posts: 36; Member since: 14 Dec 2013)
LOL i'm not surprised afterall, samsung been like this multiple times :|
23. bogdancirstea (Posts: 13; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
these are obviously Nokia Icons.
Just type "nokia icons" on google and you'll see what i'm about here
26. T.F.O.A (Posts: 36; Member since: 14 Dec 2013)
Share similarity with meego, belle, and asha phone. Well, maybe i'm wrong?
27. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1163; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
convince me that they didnt stole WP metro design , instead of tiles, made them disks...
37. magnanimus (Posts: 508; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
Worst argument out of everything I've read here so far
30. chocowii (Posts: 430; Member since: 30 Jan 2014)
Nokia icons. More on what I saw on Belle and touch Ashas.
31. VZWuser76 (Posts: 3538; Member since: 04 Mar 2010)
WOW, you guys can't even agree on who they supposedly copy/stole from.
36. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Right! This can't get more ridiculous.
32. boblight (Posts: 84; Member since: 28 Jul 2012)
Yeah. Reminds me of Symbian Belle, crossed with the roundish icons of Sailfish, Firefox and Ubutu. But never the less, still quite excited for what else their new UI holds !
33. Sonny_09 (Posts: 49; Member since: 24 May 2013)
I just hope they can instill premium feel into their Galaxy, albeit with hard polycarbonate. That's not too much to ask from the Korean Giant,right?
34. dc123 (Posts: 20; Member since: 11 Feb 2014)
im pretty sure that they are teasing their new tizen interface rather than the new tw ui in this picture. i could be wrong, but i think im more right with this one
35. jraympres2 (Posts: 12; Member since: 29 Jan 2014)
If you ask me... Original Android Stock UI is far more pretty than skinned one... For me because UI doesn't mean MORE or LESS its they same with Skinned UI... The're are many available UI to download far more PRETTY than OEM Skinned UI... Android is Android what ever you do to UI it's still ANDROID with the same functionality...
That's my opinion... I'm not trolling here... Don't comment bad here... I'm not asking... :P
39. tumchaaditya (Posts: 71; Member since: 21 May 2012)
I hope they finally move away from cartoonish UI..
44. willard12 (Posts: 1508; Member since: 04 Jul 2012)
So far, it copies ios7, symbian, and windows. Which means there are limits to what can be done with circles and squares and it probably copies none of them.
45. xoxoGeorges (Posts: 209; Member since: 11 Jul 2013)
Looks fun. Even though it rips off Firefox OS and MeeGo :)
46. xoxoGeorges (Posts: 209; Member since: 11 Jul 2013)
The funniest thing about this is that Samsung copied Windows 8 on the tablet and it looks like it will copy MeeGo now