Here's what our readers dislike about the Galaxy S4
0. phoneArena 15 Apr 2013, 07:19 posted on
Last week we had a post asking you to share your thoughts about the Galaxy S4 with our community. More specifically, we asked you to tell us if there's something that you dislike about Samsung's new flagship...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. tiara6918 (Posts: 1203; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
Looks like majority of us here hate the build quality of the s4 because it uses cheap looking plastic compared to other phones
4. ITEngineer (Posts: 54; Member since: 26 Mar 2013)
well honestly, i do hate the poly carbonate thing, but hey at the end, if it brakes you can buy a new back cover, unlike unibody or glass.
10. tiara6918 (Posts: 1203; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
I just wish samsung would return on how they made the back cover of the s2,black galaxy note1,galaxy tab7.7,omnia7. They're plastic and still have removable covers(except for the tab)but they are far more better looking and somehow has a better feel compared to the glossy plastic of the s3,s4 and note2
22. Leo_MC (Posts: 384; Member since: 02 Dec 2011)
S3 falls on the display so this is what needs changing, not the back.
29. anywherehome (Posts: 971; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
So now you can see how people are limited so they are talking about one of the least important thing and don't see the advantages of not so easy breakable construction :-)
So the end will be: easily breakable construction without replaceable battery and then we have an easily breakable phones like iPhone or nexus 4
And the stupidity wins again
25% of iPhones have broken glass =proof that stupidity wins :-)
61. jael206 (Posts: 100; Member since: 18 Jul 2012)
Hey PA, after the release of the next iPhone, I'll be watching out for an article called "What Our Readers Hate about the New iPhone". There better be, coz I'll be watching..
2. ITEngineer (Posts: 54; Member since: 26 Mar 2013)
i love it. And im gonna get one since im coming from an S2
3. darkkjedii (Posts: 8926; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Yippie my comment made it into the article. Thanx PA...much appreciated.
17. darkkjedii (Posts: 8926; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Lol I know huh. I was surprised to see that I'd made it, cuz my comment was so short.
20. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2957; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
"I hate the fact that its not in my possession!!!" by mrraider602 is even shorter.
27. darkkjedii (Posts: 8926; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Yes lol and I agree with that comment big time
24. xperiaDROID (Posts: 4666; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Uhh....when someone's name appeared on the article doesn't mean that he/she will be famous!
To get famous, is to post nice comments, make good points, everyone agree with you.
I'm not saying you and Dark post bad comments, but PA is just giving some examples of what readers dislike about the Galaxy S4. :)
26. darkkjedii (Posts: 8926; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Dude we were just kidding...wowwwwww. That comment was totally unnecessary
63. JunitoNH (Posts: 713; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
There is always an idiot in the crowd, always. I thing the man was just trying to be facetious.
33. darkkjedii (Posts: 8926; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Exactly Nathan. Some things are taken to serious
36. brokenchains (Posts: 11; Member since: 28 Nov 2012)
I'm not trying to bash you but unless I missed something, I'm not sure there was a pun in anything you said.
39. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2957; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
I know Dark alright, i know him well enough to make the joke. It was meant for him, it's for none of you.
Jezz...it was a joke if you can't understand it, i don't know how you're here.
41. darkkjedii (Posts: 8926; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
+1 Nathan. People need to learn to joke and laugh bro.
45. hihiguy (Posts: 8; Member since: 15 Apr 2013)
Wow xperiadriod is on his man period. He was kidding . And i think you need a life if you think post nice comment on pa will make you famous.
47. xperiaDROID (Posts: 4666; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
I'm just sayin'.
But oh well, nobody understands me! And this lesson teaches me that never reply to their comment when they're chatting...........
Hmm....need a life? I am a human of course I have a life, your comment makes no sense at all!
Geez.......this is a bad day for me at PA! Ok, end of the story, just go chat with dark and nathan and just pretend that my comment on this article is invisible.
That's all! THE END!
49. darkkjedii (Posts: 8926; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Dude what's wrong with u man? You're usually a really cool guy...
50. xperiaDROID (Posts: 4666; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
I don't know, well, sorry about the comment just now.
Maybe I can't take a joke. :(
53. hihiguy (Posts: 8; Member since: 15 Apr 2013)
Yeah you can't. I used to look up to you as a hero, after today...I lost all respect for you as a human being cause you have a life.
57. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2957; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Dude, that's too much again! Cool it...
Everyone here is cool, except for some trolls and bots.
65. xperiaDROID (Posts: 4666; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Are you kidding me? I'm a hero? I'm a open-minded person, not a hero! That's all!
58. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2957; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
XD, chill buddy!! Was just making my point...no hard feelings!!! Cheers!
54. Droiddoes (unregistered)
Don't take that away from the troll. I am quite sure it was the absolute highlight of his entire year.
6. XperiaPrince (Posts: 108; Member since: 25 Dec 2012)
PA , you forgot to Mention The touchwiz.
It Is Hated Because Of Bloatwares And cartoonish UI. It lags too Because Of bloatwarezz.
12. Retro-touch (Posts: 236; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
They mentioned it several times, look again, smh
13. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 762; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
xperia has d most elegant UI, thats why i have its theme.. but xperia phones render d most lags among droids
7. Bluesky02 (Posts: 1437; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
It seem Note 2 is still a very good alternative for SG4 until note 3 comes out
18. darkkjedii (Posts: 8926; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
The note 2 is still probably the best overall device on the market, but we should want to see it surpassed soon. That means tech is advancing.
8. israinwet (Posts: 47; Member since: 29 Nov 2012)
Just my opinion, but as an owner of the S3, I'm looking for something different
9. amiroo (Posts: 243; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
definitely note3 is better than s4..maybe for redesign and plastic body again and cartony tochwiz im never going for s4..but atleast not3 will has a big software.
11. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 762; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
:D ill still go with polycarbonate but samsung should implement it with the htc one x and lumia styles not glossy.. anyway the front panel of gs4 is more beautiful than d others, just the back looks cheap., i held XZ today, and it feels so big than my note2, so uncom4table to hold..
poor call quality and outdoor visibility? the latest/final hardware unit of gsmarena upped the first review of the call quality from average to Good same with htc one..
outdoor visibility? the detailed test of gsmarena said that gs4 is better compared to other lcd handsets there..,
doesnt have d best camera in a mobile device, yahh 808 and 920 have the best, but gs4 outperformed other droids and apples..
31. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1124; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
yeah even when note 2 is bigger, wider, and havier Xperia Z still feels so big than note 2
16. tttony (Posts: 26; Member since: 22 Jul 2012)
That's the problem with Samsung, they still keep de design they don't innovate
Is the time to change? I think so..
Samsung must start with the design!!!
21. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 762; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
Samsung just made a mistake on repeating the design language.. "Samsung must start with the design!!!" Seems lyk ur tellin dat samsung shud change and innovate so many things, if that so, other manufacturers must change or innovate thousands more to defeat galaxies ;)
32. tashreef (Posts: 475; Member since: 24 Nov 2012)
thousand more ? you are talking about chinese brands ? LOL ...
then definitely they have to... Else not much, except the hardware part (Processor)!!!...
Do we really need octa-core ? for now ? NO
may be in future... sadly .. it's not 3310 to survive for years to fully utilize this hardware ...
changing the Engine is just an upgrade (again processor)... Change everything to call it innovation ... hope to see it with S5 (y)
34. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1124; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
We don't need octa core because Tegra 4 or S800 better, even if we compare with S600 it just little bit better
38. rishabh_2795 (Posts: 18; Member since: 22 Feb 2013)
do u really know what the damn octa-core means!?
for your kind information its a set of 2 quad cores having cortex A15 and A7 architecture
And only one set runs at one time. The kind of process determines which set will be running.
A15 for extra heavy tasks and A7 for the light tasks!
40. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1124; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
yeah i know everything about octa core it uses ARM big.little architecture
coupling slower, low-power processor cores with more powerful and power-hungry
ones. The intention is to create a multi-core processor that
can adjust better to dynamic computing needs and use less
power than clock scaling alone
but samsung Exynos 5 octa is not so great
the reason why i said we don't need 5 octa because Tegra 4 or S800 will be better,
S600 is just little bit slower than 5 octa and even without 4 by 4 ( 8 core ) S600 have exccelent battery life
if you want all rounded processor S600 is enough but if you power user you will need Tegra 4 or S800 NOT Exynos 5 octa
43. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1124; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
most of samsung fanboy doesn't know anything about big.little, they only think with 8 cores it will be the fastest but the truth is not ( maybe Tegra 4 is the fastest).
other samsung fanboy said that qualcomm processor is super hot but the truth qualcomm have the coolest mobile processor.
Some even said about innovation how can it be innovation when samsung use the same ideas/method from other phone.
And the list continues
You know what the best thing about samsung fanboy when they can't accept the truth they just saying samsung is the great, samsung no 1, sales proved it
i don't care if you love samsung so much but just stop being closed minded fanboy
see the truth and accept it!!!
64. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 762; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
Ur acting that u know everything.for i know u dont even had any researches abt it. F**k.. Frst and frmost if u dont need octa core then dont generalize it.. that octa core renders acceptable advantage over s600 in trms of benchmark performance.
And u still dont know d battery efficiency of this exynos and ur trying hard to say sumthng abt it and bother comparing such to the s800 and tegra4 whch are not yet available in a particular handset! Ur so irritating ignrant one..
If we want all rounded processor by this time we need the exynos, dont blab abt that s800 coz no smartphone has it yet!
These processors arent yet ready to be compared even though other reviewers have d exynos version..coz s800 isnt yet out..
Stop trolling abt this exynos coz ur not an expert
67. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1124; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
you don't have to be an expert or genius to find out the truth
just need open your mind and stop become closed minded fanboy
( many samsung fanboy said Exynos is the fastest but the truth is....
You know the answer ^_^ )
19. martycota (Posts: 28; Member since: 15 Jun 2009)
The only thing I hate is I can't get my hands on it yet!
23. VLaRueC (Posts: 81; Member since: 18 Dec 2012)
Talk about "head scratching" articles. Call me old fashion but I enjoy reading actual news articles..
25. xperiaDROID (Posts: 4666; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
The features were great on the Galaxy S4, it has beasty features and specs, but the "feeling" and design is wrong.
But still, it is a BEASTY smartphone! :)
35. lovenyc8 (Posts: 164; Member since: 13 Mar 2013)
good phonearena i agree with all of them samsung needs to do something about
-the buildquliaty its very cheap
- they need to fix the call quality its very poor
-the spekers are bad its a flagship it should be stereo speakers.
- make a better camera at night from samsung
-Remove the capacitive buttons
-maybe better screen that is not dark outside
if samsung listen then i'm sure everyone would buy from them and they remain the top for years to come
62. gigaraga (Posts: 100; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
It funny how the S4's camera is better than the HTC One's, and the capcitive buttons are the same as HTC, and screen has low reflectivity so now cons there.
Build quality is not cheap, its just plastic, stereo speakers dont give that much more power anyways
37. rishabh_2795 (Posts: 18; Member since: 22 Feb 2013)
people have started judging and criticizing phones even before they have used it! what an IRONY! Most of the things matter less when in actually using it in our everyday lives. yes the poor call quality can be a bummer for people. But hey! these are phones! its just fines until the phone doesnt lag or freeze. and the plastic thing. most people use covers for their phone and so finally what the phone is made up of matters less.
42. Lboogey6 (Posts: 237; Member since: 31 Jan 2012)
Can someone here tell me when their s3 broke ?? because it sold millions and people didnt like the "cheapness" of the phone. why is it pretty much everyones iphones are cracked or broken but we don;t hear mass arguments that they need a better screen quality it doesnt matter apparently the phone just didn't look how you wanted it to but again when you get it in your hands and see how it performs you'll yet again enjoy what was brought to the table
and please when you thumb down comment along with it don't just be a coward.