Here's what happened at the Google Play event that you didn't even know about
0. phoneArena 25 Oct 2013, 03:10 posted on
As you probably know, yesterday, October 24th, marked the day that hosted the anxiously awaited Google Play event in New York City...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. ocilfa (Posts: 194; Member since: 03 Aug 2012)
Lies! I see 5 columns in that picture, so obviously a Nexus 5 announcement. "Google Play" is 2 words, and 2x5=10, so a Nexus 10 announcement too. Savvy?
3. Chris.P (Posts: 111; Member since: 27 Jun 2013)
And the columns kind of look like the bars on a KitKat, too!
5. scriptwriter (Posts: 381; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
This logic is plain stupid. Your looking for clues and patterns that arnt there. This just confuses people
14. buzzedword (Posts: 1; Member since: 25 Oct 2013)
This logic is plain stupid. You're looking for clues and patterns that aren't there. This just confuses people.
It should be: 5 columns in the picture. "Google Play" is two words, and 5-2=3. Google Play is one half of the Android platform, with the OS making up the other half. You get your apps on Google Play, and apps are life.
Half-Life 3 confirmed.
19. Pancholo (Posts: 291; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
I was trying to somehow incorporate what you just stated, but you certainly did a better job.
Also, BattleToads confirmed for the PS4.
2. woodshop20 (Posts: 426; Member since: 14 Sep 2013)
That was rather uneventful. Where's the Nexus 5? Stop toying around with us Google and release it already.
4. scriptwriter (Posts: 381; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
So why send out press invites if it was just (essentially) Google Play having a night out? Makes no sense at all specially with most of us are itching for a nexus 5!!
8. Mr.Mr.Upgrade (Posts: 373; Member since: 30 Aug 2011)
U know why there's a delay on nexus because if this phone is not on all 4 major carriers it will mean nothing,
10. squallz506 (banned) (Posts: 1075; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
I could care less about its impact or sales, I still need one or I'll die.
17. gioreeko (Posts: 1; Member since: 25 Oct 2013)
So you do care? "I could care less" means the opposite of what I think you want to say. Stop saying that please. It's "I COULDN'T care less"
12. skymitch89 (Posts: 923; Member since: 05 Nov 2010)
What I get from what Russel Holly said on Twitter, it seemed that the invite was supposed to be just for Google Play employees, their friends, & their families to come out and have a hang out time away from work and away from Google campus. And when he got the invite he thought that it was supposed to open to the press but wasn't.
16. 777light777 (Posts: 10; Member since: 14 Aug 2013)
I see, judging from size: Nexus 5, Nexus 8?, Nexus 4, Nexus 7, Nexus 10... :D
18. justatwentysomething (Posts: 1; Member since: 25 Oct 2013)
Perhaps Google started these rumors in order to see how much of a buzz they would get on top of the figures/ numbers of all the previous nexus devices to get an idea of how much to produce.