Here's the world's first iPhone 5 owner
0. phoneArena 21 Sep 2012, 02:18 posted on
Queuing for the newest iPhone has become more of a marketing stunt than anything else, given that the first in line in most places are people who are there for promotional consideration, rather than die-hard Apple fans, and it is indeed the case with the first iPhone 5, received by Aussie Todd Foot...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. Wiki_jaan (Posts: 704; Member since: 24 Jun 2012)
His name ll be written in Guinness book or records ......... lol
42. Wiki_jaan (Posts: 704; Member since: 24 Jun 2012)
android not break such stupid news .... lol
47. -box- (Posts: 3944; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
I wouldn't say first to own one. There are apple employees (Crook, Ive) who probably have one.
59. Aaron_R96 (Posts: 198; Member since: 22 Jan 2012)
Don't get how so many people still like or are Apple fanboys - the amount that that company has ripped them off is astronomical - and then the 'fanboys' brag about them having the highest share prices? - Yeah, cause they've ripped you off for 5 years, idiot.
3. B3BLW29 (Posts: 238; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
Some ppl seriously need a dose of "Get a life" :D
4. wendygarett (unregistered)
I feel proud of him :)
5. Nookie4u (Posts: 131; Member since: 13 Aug 2012)
Tuesday! oh, whoever he is, he sure is quite determined to get it.
6. tigermcm (Posts: 811; Member since: 02 Sep 2009)
in all honesty someone please explain to me why we are making an article for this crap!
40. shandesilva (Posts: 73; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)
yeah..daniel p. or whoever you are, dont you have better stuff to write about? or the editors wanted you to write something stupid & see how it goes before you are given more important stuff to write?
or is it your brother, the loser who wanted to get the 1st iphone? what is it worth? does he get something better than the others? no..only the same old crap.
do you write anywhere, about the 1st person who got a sgs3 or a one x?
so why the need for this?
49. -box- (Posts: 3944; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
At least they didn't feel like it was worth printing on paper.
7. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
i actually feel bad for him cuz he has no idea that hes being used and also has no idea how "lame" the iphone 5 is.......jus sayin
62. gallitoking (Posts: 4700; Member since: 17 May 2011)
if my name will be in a recod book and my image shown across the world.. please use me!!!!!
68. satanrules (Posts: 19; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
How can you be so sure about what he knows?
8. richard1990 (Posts: 5; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
All that for a phone that is already out dated only 4 inch screen there r phones coming out with quad core processors now and 2 gigs of ram what a wast of good money the new iphone is
30. p0rkguy (Posts: 684; Member since: 23 Nov 2010)
I'm willing to bet they'll increase it to ~4.3.
9. Android1 (Posts: 59; Member since: 16 Jul 2012)
No matter how many thumbs down... But it is fact.. he can't even make his way home by using apple maps lolxx
33. Android1 (Posts: 59; Member since: 16 Jul 2012)
Use some commen sense... I was talking about is**t maps...
54. good2great (Posts: 1042; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
I actually used iMaps last night...
It took awhile to search for directions to a post office in another city (FAIL)
BUT.... on my way back:
I asked Siri to "take me home"
She found my address in my phone contacts then launched the maps app, searched the possible routes, chose the quickest one, then started the navigation... ALL automatically.
I was very impressed... Siri is totally integrated in iOS... You can even ask her to look for other things while on your route and its seamless to resume your route...
60. haseebzahid (Posts: 1843; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
well the siri thing is old on other OS like winphone already had integrated command service IOS is late on that none the less it worked for u
69. satanrules (Posts: 19; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
You're completely dependent on your phone to find your way home?
10. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4154; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
This is getting out of hand... You're the first one to get a new iDevice, and you're suddenly a celebrity and have masses of people cheering you on.
11. Savage (unregistered)
Feel sorry for this guy. How is he gonna find his way home? :P
12. qwertypoor (Posts: 72; Member since: 09 Jun 2012)
That's something to be proud of? lmao underachiever
13. richard1990 (Posts: 5; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
Ok my samsung epic 2 which mind u is over a year old blows this new iphone out of the water as far as specs go 4.5 inch screen vers 4 inch screen and 1.2 dual core instead of 1 dual core the only thing it has is better pixel density but u really cant tell that much so is it really worth that much money to get something new that isnt top of the line its just new when u can get something over a year old for free and have it run better then the new?
15. haseebzahid (Posts: 1843; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
he will be the first one to be disapointed in what he waited for all that long time same old same old
17. haseebzahid (Posts: 1843; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
lol only thing that was new in iphone = apple maps dont even work correct great RnD
18. tiara6918 (Posts: 1887; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
So many apple fanboys must be jealous of him since he's the first one to grab an iPhone5
19. silver (Posts: 22; Member since: 02 Aug 2012)
after that show even if the iphone will be like s**t this man will say its the best device ever. yes apple know how to sell look how much work they put around they empowering the enthusiasm of customers
20. Tmachaveli (Posts: 425; Member since: 01 Apr 2011)
Wow now he can use the phone to get back home...
21. HTCOE (Posts: 604; Member since: 20 Nov 2011)
due to 100k worth of iphone5 stolen in tennessee no one in that state was as lucky as this guy...smh http://www.newschannel5.com/st
22. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
wow! they were indeed experts or had some experience and knowledge about the place!! says the entire robbery was done in "under" 3 minutes!! are you kidding me??
31. ilia1986 (unregistered)
Pathetic. And sad.
32. dmsrfl (Posts: 33; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
This is just amazing to me. There are phones out there that are more powerful and have better advanced features, but yet we are still being fed these useless stories about who was the first to own this outdated phone. Yes, it looks nice, but it's still an old piece of crap compared to the rest of the phones. Apple has now resorted to copying everyone else to keep up (pull down notifications) and has even ditched great software with their own HORRIBLE software to "prove" they can do it on their own (google maps), but yet they continue to be put on a pedestal by the media. It's amazing how blind the media and people are to the reality.
41. XperiaFanZone (Posts: 1563; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
I hope you post something like "Here's the world's first Galaxy SIV (?) owner".
46. Ragnarockd (Posts: 47; Member since: 27 Aug 2012)
the reception in the store and picture tell greatest moment of his life and he will be telling his grand kids "have u heard the old tale of How i got the 1st iphone 5" .
48. dasqwer (Posts: 5; Member since: 13 Sep 2012)
everyone here hates iphone, but still compares their best of phones (Note 2s, EPIC 4 and S3s) with it, hence iphone is gaining more popularity. now just imagine. this device which u refer to as icrap which implies garbage, u r spending time to compare it with ur fabdroids, so who is the looser here, iphone or an android fab phone ????? i m not a hater or a lover of ios or android, but just saying.
50. gayasarafe (Posts: 25; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
oh cmon that's just ridiculous..........what is the best possible thing that could happen to this guy......he paid the same price after all
52. Reluctant_Human (Posts: 869; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
It would be hilarious if he broke it in front of all the lemmings and recorded the whole thing on an android or windows phone.
56. tokuzumi (Posts: 462; Member since: 27 Aug 2009)
It would be cool to say you were the first regular Joe to get the iPhone 5, but there is no way I'm camping in front of a store for days/weeks on end, just to get a phone. I can't say there is anything worth having, that would make me do that. The closest I got to waiting in line was when the Evo 4G came out. I stood in line for about 30 min, and got the last one in the store.
57. mikiemon (Posts: 13; Member since: 01 Feb 2012)
Look at me I spent a week waiting in line for this!
61. marceldy (Posts: 17; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
what about the guy @ 00:13 seconds ? he seems like recording it all through iPhone5.
64. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6944; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
THIS IS FCKING STUPID. First guy with the iPhone 5. Why is this big news? Some people are just plain stupid to wait in line and don't realize it's the same phone since iP4 with same home screen and same boring icons. jeezes
67. Rayvelynn (Posts: 124; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
All this cheering for a stretched out 4s, if a Iphone 3Gs Iphone 4 & Iphone 4s can all upgrade to the IOS 6, what makes the Iphone 5 so special? nothing just the measley changes of a different charger connector, stretched out screen, not much else. So why are people so excited about this phone? I gurantee either someone will damage their phone, lose it within a couple of weeks or someone will steal it. Just a waist of money.