Here's the new Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 with AMOLED display
Today, the Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 appeared in a couple of photos, courtesy of SamMobile. Viewed from the front, the new tablet doesn’t look too different from the already-available Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1. However, its back is different, as it uses the same dotted pattern that debuted with the Samsung Galaxy S5.
The hardware home button seen on the front side of the Galaxy Tab S 10.5 reportedly includes a fingerprint scanner - and that’s another similarity with the S5 smartphone.
It’s said that the 10.5-inch AMOLED screen of this Tab S has a 2560 x 1600 pixel resolution. Other expected features include Android KitKat with Magazine UX, Samsung’s new octa-core Exynos 5420 processor, 8MP rear camera with LED flash, and a 2.1MP front-facing camera. Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac and Bluetooth 4.0 LE should be included, too, while LTE connectivity is probably going to be optional.
While there’s still no word on when Samsung intends to introduce the Galaxy Tab S 10.5 and Galaxy Tab S 8.4, all the latest leaked details suggest that it won’t be long until that happens.
2. hassoups (Posts: 385; Member since: 06 Jun 2013)
For some reason, the back looks a lot better on this tablet than the s5.
5. TechFreak123 (Posts: 85; Member since: 25 Feb 2014)
Check out the S5 in person, it looks much better than in pictures and videos.
14. hassoups (Posts: 385; Member since: 06 Jun 2013)
i've heard that a lot actually, i'll definitely be checking it out on the weekend. i hope i don't like it though because i've barely had the note 3 for a few months lol
6. phljcnth (Posts: 295; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
This is what I've been waiting for! An AMOLED-screened tablet!
7. pwnarena (Posts: 977; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
looks odd. the display seems to be another image overlaid on a samsung slate.
but SAMOLED on a tablet is definitely a welcome development.
8. N-fanboy (Posts: 538; Member since: 12 Jan 2013)
The only place where touchwiz excells, Tablets.
16. Sid91 (Posts: 87; Member since: 06 May 2014)
I really Like the tablet but why does Samsung put buttons on landscape, it annoys the hell out of me when using in portrait. Samsung I believe is best in business when it comes to phones but tablets, it has a lot of kinks to work with The most important being a comfortable feel of holding the device in either portrait or landscape.
17. deathgod (Posts: 122; Member since: 23 Nov 2011)
I hear u dude. There's no reason not to have software navigation buttons on a tablet instead of hardware ones for Android.
9. PorkyBurger (Posts: 256; Member since: 18 May 2013)
Looks the same as any other Samsung tablet. What a bummer...
11. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 2010; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
That's alot of AMOLED display , niceeee
12. tiara6918 (Posts: 1542; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
I prefer the leather they used on the pro series
15. Totse2k15 (Posts: 276; Member since: 11 Feb 2014)
Will be waiting for the 8.4" AMOLED. $400 max please, lol!
19. elitewolverine (Posts: 2075; Member since: 28 Oct 2013)
lol good luck...imo that is, probably start at 599
18. gigaraga (Posts: 1381; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
This baby actually looks really slick from the front (and sexy) and the back also looks really good too...seems like my new tab would change from being a NotePro 12.2 to this 10.5" bad boy :)
20. Yeezus (Posts: 1; Member since: 11 May 2014)
What is the point making another Samsung tablet, you already have the Galaxy Pro, Galaxy Tab, Galaxy Note and now Galaxy Tab S how many galaxies do you live in Samsung?