Here's the ad Samsung is running against the iPhone 5 launch nationwide
0. phoneArena 15 Sep 2012, 16:40 posted on
The ad shows the Apple iPhone 5, turned off, and with the main features listed underneath, and then the Samsung Galaxy S III in all its glory against it, with a list of its own features listed below. As you can easily guess, the Galaxy S III list is much longer for a purpose, and there is a big fat title at the top saying "It doesn't take a genius"...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Hammerfest (Posts: 383; Member since: 12 May 2012)
"A totally different plug"
One for the records... I love it!
25. Santi_Santi (unregistered)
nothing far from the truth...
54. blackcatsvalentine (Posts: 3; Member since: 29 Aug 2012)
i will buy iphone 5 because it has "a totally different plug"
123. Apple_Royally_ (banned) (Posts: 42; Member since: 15 Sep 2012)
it feels proud at $100Billion, We are all behind you Apple, also will be hearing decision with the choices,
205. haseebzahid (Posts: 1853; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
and you will stay behind and stay dumb ever and get dumber year after year buying same iphone for full price over and over again
246. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
apple dont give a damn about you lol you that deluded you think your part of them
they will be laughing at all you as you buy the same phone just stretched. think if they can get away with selling you the same phone over and over next year they might just write an 's' on it simple say yeah its the same phone buy look how cool the 's' looks...and millions will buy it thinking there in an exclusive club
311. epdm2be (Posts: 514; Member since: 20 Apr 2012)
It's NOT the same it has 'a totally different plug'. ;-)
163. Fuego84 (Posts: 346; Member since: 13 May 2012)
I love it too. It let's you know what you'll be missing out if you get the iphoney 5
218. ahmed_ali_yossef2010 (Posts: 164; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
why is samsung always makes comparisons against apple only that means that it's afraid of apple i won't say this isn't a smart idea because it's
245. adelta90 (Posts: 63; Member since: 14 Sep 2012)
that could be it, but its much more likely that samsung is flabbergasted why so many people pay so much more for a phone with obviously less features
247. Scorpion (Posts: 103; Member since: 28 Apr 2012)
I guess they hired some former Apple marketing exec, tha's the best ad I've seen from them so far. Takes a direct hit at the Iphone.
288. Hemlocke (unregistered)
They lost in court? They have lost so many times, lately, that I suspected that the term "Samsung" would make it into the OED and M-W as a synonym for "loser."
289. jroc74 (Posts: 6014; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
It might....because I suspect "Apple" might make it as a synonym for "hypocrite"
133. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
What do you expect for an incremental upgrade. And one that can't even support concurrent voice and data use if you are on VZW or Sprint. The iP5 is such a yawn. Apple is starting to repeat the RIM experience - release a phone that is behind the power curve. They are presently at around 12 months worth of obsolescence. When they get to 18 months, start to see their market share slip.
165. Fuego84 (Posts: 346; Member since: 13 May 2012)
I bet there next iPhone, the iPhone 5s, will address that issue with the data /call over LTE and it will be announced as new and revolutionary feature haha.
177. mas11 (Posts: 1034; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
And it will have a longer 4.3" screen even though today's superphones have at least a 4.7" screen. Oh and don't forget, it will have a 720p display when HTC is about to release a 1080p Phone.
202. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
I doubt the iPhone will ever get a 720p display. Apple is the last hold-out for one-handed operation of the phone. I bet you didn't know that you really needed to be able to operate your phone one-handed, did you? ;-)
Personally, I have done extensive testing over the years that I have owned cellular phones (going all the way back to the original Motorola brick), and I can confirm that the ONLY time I needed to be able to use the phone one-handed is when I am talking on it. In fact, it might even be impossible to use both hands to talk on the phone other than when in speaker-phone mode.
217. levvy (Posts: 33; Member since: 01 Aug 2012)
Next iPhone featuring "Voice over LTE (VoLTE) and This Changes Everything".LMFAO
312. epdm2be (Posts: 514; Member since: 20 Apr 2012)
"What do you expect for an incremental upgrade."
Why complain now? They have been doing incremental upgrades since the first iPhone.
"...a phone that is behind the power curve...."
They have ALWAYS been behind the 'power curve'. The first iPhone couldn't even do MMS which normal phones already did 10 years before.
It didn't stop the fools from buying it, did it?
Who cares? It's just a phone. If you can afford to spend a allmost a full month of wages on a bloody phone then great. I can't.
Am too poor to spend money on a product made in a crappy China factory by a bunch wealthy hypocrite US bastards.
Build it in US and THEN you get my sympathy. Otherwise f**k off.
As for crapsung. I don't buy ANY of their crappy products, NEVER again. They're as hypocrite as Apple, enforcing their bloody Korean mentality abroad while in the end they're just as greedy as Apple. Yes, a personal friend of mine worked there so I know!
3. knights4life03 (Posts: 131; Member since: 09 Jun 2011)
Apple deserves it like literally! I love gs3
248. savezo007 (Posts: 41; Member since: 12 Aug 2012)
hav u got android 4.1 (JELLY BEAN) yet on your SGS3?
254. Kolcha (Posts: 1; Member since: 16 Sep 2012)
Yes on my Galaxy S3 there is running original Samsung Android 4.1 Jelly Bean for a while and it works like a charm!
4. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
Thanks PhoneArena, iWas looking for a new AvAtAr.
Truer words were never published.
5. ilkinandr92 (Posts: 48; Member since: 07 Aug 2012)
i love the ad but one thing is wrong "The next big thing is already here" is wrong it will be out soon Galaxy S-IV
126. BREvenson (Posts: 240; Member since: 17 May 2012)
"The next big thing is already here" is not wrong, because it is referring to the Galaxy S III, which has been out for a few months now. The next Galaxy phone, while it could very well be "the next big thing", is not "already here". It's not even close to here.