Here's how to hide those sexy pictures (video?) on your Android phone
0. phoneArena 11 Oct 2012, 06:51 posted on
It's been statistically proven that PhoneArena readers (and writers!) are mostly cool and very popular guys who enjoy lots and lots of attention from women. And while we don't really mind it, this irresistible charm of ours can sometimes put us in difficult situations, where we have to answer some questions that can be pretty tough to answer...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. danny_a2005 (Posts: 107; Member since: 06 Oct 2011)
Lol the reading was very catchy, though I already have an app with that function, its called gallery lock, highly recommended.. Nice article...
17. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 3448; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
That is EXACTLY what I have. I have had it for YEARS now. lol
I recommend it too.
24. Goldeneye (Posts: 344; Member since: 22 Jan 2011)
I use app defender I keep my gallery and any app I want hidden altogether, not just pictures or videos.
25. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 3448; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
Yeah I got App Lock so probably it's the same thing.
33. jroc74 (Posts: 3633; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
I've been using Photo Vault. I might have to try this if it works with videos...
Dont judge me ....
40. noim1 (Posts: 278; Member since: 15 May 2012)
You dont need an App to do this , just make an (.Newfolder) or (.nomedia) in your file manager and Dump what ever files you dont want to Expose to others in there....Then gallery or any other Media player wont b able to display those files ....
45. jroc74 (Posts: 3633; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
I still wanna see them with some type of gallery app.
This is a good suggestion tho.
3. Mittal (Posts: 425; Member since: 14 Dec 2011)
ive been waiting for this for looongg (im serious)
19. drum009 (Posts: 33; Member since: 23 Jan 2012)
this had me laughing out loud at work.
5. PapaSmurf (Posts: 5960; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Wow. This is the first article from Ray that I actually enjoyed.
7. paulyyd (Posts: 320; Member since: 08 Jan 2011)
I doubt any of the phonearena users get any attention from women at all
31. PapaSmurf (Posts: 5960; Member since: 14 May 2012)
So by what you just said, you said you don't have any relations with women?
Fact is, a lot of people here have gfs or are married.
8. sheik (Posts: 249; Member since: 12 Sep 2012)
lol... funny and useful article indeed... I think Ray have written those "situations" based on his experience...lol
10. anGel_pLayer (Posts: 46; Member since: 29 Jun 2012)
Had this app for awhile.. It's good against "normal" users but to those familiar with it, they can access the vault directly.. Also vault password can easily be bypassed using nfc tags...
35. pats4thewin (Posts: 29; Member since: 10 Jul 2012)
I have the Photon Q and i dont know if its the same with other phones but if you press the recent apps key not only does it let you in without popping up the report error, it also displays a nice little snippet of what you were looking at last.
12. hritikbhimani (Posts: 25; Member since: 08 Jan 2012)
was looking fro smthing lyk dis....thnx alot ray :)
13. Bfrenz (Posts: 106; Member since: 26 Aug 2012)
Using this for a while.. Ray,gotta say man,a hilarious article after a long time in PA.
14. Ray.S (Posts: 237; Member since: 19 Jul 2011)
Thanks! I appreciate your completely genuine compliment! (The money's under the door mat.)
16. hariprasath.j (Posts: 27; Member since: 27 Mar 2012)
I have been using this app for a while and Ray, thanks for letting everyone know that the app in my mobile is not actually an audio manager. :(
15. tdubs329 (Posts: 2; Member since: 27 Oct 2011)
Or why not just put those pictures in a hiddin folder. You can hide any folder by just putting a period before the folder name.
18. maxican16 (Posts: 361; Member since: 29 Sep 2011)
And now this method of hiding is completely ruined. Thanks for sharing. *facepalm*
20. nicholassss (Posts: 344; Member since: 10 May 2012)
Im not to worried about girls i know reading this. As much as i like phone arena i think the odds of a girl imin to being an avid reader are pretty slim. Haha
21. Savage (Posts: 431; Member since: 28 Jul 2012)
Hilarious article! Although I use this app since the birth of time but it was nicely written.
Anything similar for iOS? Need to hide a few pics and videos there too.
26. rdeleonp (Posts: 42; Member since: 21 Jan 2012)
The app is available for iOS:
22. RapidCat (Posts: 350; Member since: 12 Jun 2012)
i use the easy way. by adding .(dot) in front ofyour folder name.
27. davenycept (Posts: 139; Member since: 03 Jul 2012)
I've had it for almost a year and is definately works well
28. The_Innovation (Posts: 523; Member since: 18 Jul 2012)
Ray, what makes you think more women wouldn't be using this?
29. McLTE (Posts: 612; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
or.. download QuickPic. you can easily exclude whatever folders you want from showing up in the app.
use this as your photo app and for most people they would never know to look farther.
30. ahawkins05 (Posts: 1; Member since: 11 Oct 2012)
I use an app called vault. It allows you to add contacts that you don't want people to see. So of a person call or text it doesn't show up on your phone. It does notify you buti won't say what it is not to give everything away. The premium version hides the entire app!
32. matrix_neo (Posts: 307; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
It's a great app, I've been using this for a long time now. I tried other apps but this is the best one. I'll keep this for life and highly recommended.
34. 12013E12T (Posts: 37; Member since: 08 Sep 2009)
Damn... if only I knew about this app sooner, I wouldn't have deleted certain pictures :(
36. N.Reynolds (Posts: 252; Member since: 15 Feb 2011)
Been using Keep Safe and Keep SMS but could never explain the apps they were simply security. Now I am able to have all that hidden. This will be a life saver.
38. parkwaydr (Posts: 572; Member since: 07 Sep 2011)
So ray, I take it grandma won't be giving you that house anytime soon huh?
39. theo14461 (Posts: 125; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
How about this, don't have any photos on you phone that you don't want anyone else to see, you pervs.
41. loki1618 (Posts: 18; Member since: 14 Aug 2012)
one look! one look ! there it is magnum!!!!! lol
46. hawkeye (Posts: 1; Member since: 10 Apr 2013)
a flaw of hide it prod astro file manager shows everything that's in those hidden folder =/