Here's how to hide those sexy pictures (video?) on your Android phone
For example, you're out on a date, you put your shiny new smartphone on the table, and she says "Whoa, is this the new [pick a random high-end model], can I touch it? Can I check it out?" And of course, being the awesome guy you are, you say "Sure, go ahead! I've got nothing to hide from you... It's not like I have images of naked women in my phone, is it? What could possibly go wrong?!" She looks at you with a mixture of confusion and suspicion written on her face, and she starts swiping her way around the menus, "accidentally" opens the picture gallery and... that's usually when you get that unexpected slap and are left alone, swearing at your smartphone, which is now lying shamelessly on the table, still displaying that otherwise beautiful picture.
Or maybe you're not that much of an outdoor person? That's OK; let's say your grandmother has come for a visit. She kindly asks you to show her some pictures of your classmates (colleagues?), you know, just to get an idea of the kind of people that her beloved grandson spends his life with. And of course, being the favorite grandson secretly hoping to inherit the old family house, you start swiping through the images and all of a sudden, there's sweet little Ashley, lying half-naked on your bed... That's usually when you have to forget about the old family house and start making up a complicated story explaining who that woman is and what does she have to do with such a pure, innocent boy like you.
Read this carefully, guys: NOT - ANY - MORE!
The time when we have to try hard to keep our secrets secret is now officially over. So, here's what you can do: instead of having all those sexy photos and video viewable on your phone just like that, why don't you use a small, but efficient app to hide all that valuable, yet potentially troublesome content?
The app that we'd like to suggest to you for the purpose is called Hide It Pro. It's very cool, as it actually disguises itself as an Audio Manager app! And, not only does it actually work as a real audio manager, but it can hide your pictures, video, applications, messages and calls. Here's a quick guide explaining how to use it:
1. Download Hide It Pro from the Google Play Store.
2. It will install on your phone as "Audio Manager". Run it.
3. Stop messing with the audio settings and tap and hold the Audio Manager logo.
4. The app will let you choose a password or a numeric pin. Set it up!
5. You should be back to the Audio Manager app. Tap and hold the logo again to enter app.
6. After you've entered your password or pin, you'll be presented to your hidden vault. That's where all you hidden content will reside.
7. You can either choose to hide content from here, or directly from other apps such as the gallery, for example.
8. If you want to hide pictures, you can do so while viewing at your pictures, tapping the sharing button, and choosing the Audio Manager app.
9. And just like that, you can easily hide all of the delicate stuff you have on your phone from the prying eyes of women and everyone else.
What do you guys think about this app? Do you find it useful? Are you going to implement it in your lifestyle? Sound of in the fully visible comments below!
Hide It Pro screenshots Fullscreen
More popular slideshows
10 great Android widgets you should try
09 Apr 2013, 08:08
Samsung Galaxy S4: 10 exclusive or little-known features review
05 Apr 2013, 07:17
Best Android phones to get this spring
17 Apr 2013, 09:48
5 smartphone apps banned by... Google
16 Apr 2013, 07:24
Samsung Galaxy S 4 hands-on
14 Mar 2013, 18:32
Google+ surpasses Twitter to take number 2 social network after Facebook
28 Jan 2013, 00:58
1. danny_a2005 posted on 11 Oct 2012, 07:08 10 0
Lol the reading was very catchy, though I already have an app with that function, its called gallery lock, highly recommended.. Nice article...
17. SuperAndroidEvo posted on 11 Oct 2012, 09:27 3 0
That is EXACTLY what I have. I have had it for YEARS now. lol
I recommend it too.
24. Goldeneye posted on 11 Oct 2012, 12:18 1 0
I use app defender I keep my gallery and any app I want hidden altogether, not just pictures or videos.
25. SuperAndroidEvo posted on 11 Oct 2012, 12:40 1 0
Yeah I got App Lock so probably it's the same thing.
33. jroc74 posted on 11 Oct 2012, 18:19 0 0
I've been using Photo Vault. I might have to try this if it works with videos...
Dont judge me ....
40. noim1 posted on 12 Oct 2012, 01:47 0 0
You dont need an App to do this , just make an (.Newfolder) or (.nomedia) in your file manager and Dump what ever files you dont want to Expose to others in there....Then gallery or any other Media player wont b able to display those files ....
45. jroc74 posted on 12 Oct 2012, 17:44 0 0
I still wanna see them with some type of gallery app.
This is a good suggestion tho.
19. drum009 posted on 11 Oct 2012, 10:00 3 0
this had me laughing out loud at work.
5. PapaSmurf posted on 11 Oct 2012, 07:16 4 0
Wow. This is the first article from Ray that I actually enjoyed.
7. paulyyd posted on 11 Oct 2012, 07:36 4 13
I doubt any of the phonearena users get any attention from women at all
31. PapaSmurf posted on 11 Oct 2012, 17:38 3 0
So by what you just said, you said you don't have any relations with women?
Fact is, a lot of people here have gfs or are married.
8. sheik posted on 11 Oct 2012, 07:45 2 0
lol... funny and useful article indeed... I think Ray have written those "situations" based on his experience...lol
10. anGel_pLayer posted on 11 Oct 2012, 07:53 1 0
Had this app for awhile.. It's good against "normal" users but to those familiar with it, they can access the vault directly.. Also vault password can easily be bypassed using nfc tags...
35. pats4thewin posted on 11 Oct 2012, 18:41 0 0
I have the Photon Q and i dont know if its the same with other phones but if you press the recent apps key not only does it let you in without popping up the report error, it also displays a nice little snippet of what you were looking at last.
12. hritikbhimani posted on 11 Oct 2012, 08:19 1 0
was looking fro smthing lyk dis....thnx alot ray :)
13. Bfrenz posted on 11 Oct 2012, 08:25 0 0
Using this for a while.. Ray,gotta say man,a hilarious article after a long time in PA.
14. Ray.S posted on 11 Oct 2012, 08:49 2 0
Thanks! I appreciate your completely genuine compliment! (The money's under the door mat.)
16. hariprasath.j posted on 11 Oct 2012, 09:20 1 0
I have been using this app for a while and Ray, thanks for letting everyone know that the app in my mobile is not actually an audio manager. :(
15. tdubs329 posted on 11 Oct 2012, 09:20 0 0
Or why not just put those pictures in a hiddin folder. You can hide any folder by just putting a period before the folder name.
18. maxican16 posted on 11 Oct 2012, 09:37 3 0
And now this method of hiding is completely ruined. Thanks for sharing. *facepalm*
20. nicholassss posted on 11 Oct 2012, 10:32 0 0
Im not to worried about girls i know reading this. As much as i like phone arena i think the odds of a girl imin to being an avid reader are pretty slim. Haha
21. Savage posted on 11 Oct 2012, 10:46 0 0
Hilarious article! Although I use this app since the birth of time but it was nicely written.
Anything similar for iOS? Need to hide a few pics and videos there too.
26. rdeleonp posted on 11 Oct 2012, 14:09 0 0
The app is available for iOS:
22. RapidCat posted on 11 Oct 2012, 10:52 1 1
i use the easy way. by adding .(dot) in front ofyour folder name.
27. davenycept posted on 11 Oct 2012, 15:02 0 0
I've had it for almost a year and is definately works well
28. The_Innovation posted on 11 Oct 2012, 15:23 0 0
Ray, what makes you think more women wouldn't be using this?
29. McLTE posted on 11 Oct 2012, 15:41 0 0
or.. download QuickPic. you can easily exclude whatever folders you want from showing up in the app.
use this as your photo app and for most people they would never know to look farther.
30. ahawkins05 posted on 11 Oct 2012, 16:54 0 0
I use an app called vault. It allows you to add contacts that you don't want people to see. So of a person call or text it doesn't show up on your phone. It does notify you buti won't say what it is not to give everything away. The premium version hides the entire app!
32. matrix_neo posted on 11 Oct 2012, 18:12 0 0
It's a great app, I've been using this for a long time now. I tried other apps but this is the best one. I'll keep this for life and highly recommended.
34. 12013E12T posted on 11 Oct 2012, 18:22 0 0
Damn... if only I knew about this app sooner, I wouldn't have deleted certain pictures :(
36. N.Reynolds posted on 11 Oct 2012, 18:52 0 0
Been using Keep Safe and Keep SMS but could never explain the apps they were simply security. Now I am able to have all that hidden. This will be a life saver.
38. parkwaydr posted on 11 Oct 2012, 20:20 0 0
So ray, I take it grandma won't be giving you that house anytime soon huh?
39. theo14461 posted on 11 Oct 2012, 22:26 0 0
How about this, don't have any photos on you phone that you don't want anyone else to see, you pervs.
41. loki1618 posted on 12 Oct 2012, 07:53 1 0
one look! one look ! there it is magnum!!!!! lol
46. hawkeye posted on 10 Apr 2013, 09:58 0 0
a flaw of hide it prod astro file manager shows everything that's in those hidden folder =/