Here's how an Android-powered Nokia Normandy could look like in cyan, yellow, green, white and red
1. akki20892 (Posts: 3853; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
This is unique and legendary phone. My next phone.
9. taikucing (unregistered)
Still better than Samsung's low end phones
11. tech2 (Posts: 3144; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
...and you can tell that from few concept pictures ?
All, I can say from those pics that they've hideous bezels (which is a big factor for me when making a buying decision).
20. hk0805 (Posts: 11; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
Bring on a Nokia Lumia with Android! I bet Samsung and company will be running for their money! Wanna see that happen but highly unlikely. I just can't understand why Nokia do not embrace Android and become the best phone (smartphone) seller which it was 3-4 years back! Absolulely idiotic of Elop to ruin such a wonderful brand. I had bought a Lumia 920 and gave it back in a day just because of it being Windows and so crappy! Had the same came in with Android would have never abandoned that beauty!
13. boosook (Posts: 1366; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
Legendary for sure... since it will never be released and the rendering is, well, just a concept imagined by a fan.
29. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Most people who comment here don't read the articles at all!
2. potatosalad (Posts: 40; Member since: 07 May 2012)
from the looks of it this is not Nokia powered Android. This is Nokia Asha for sure.
3. VJo003 (Posts: 356; Member since: 11 Mar 2012)
Photo 6 ???
Android with a Windows home key.... LOL
4. eisenbricher (Posts: 973; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
That's just a comparison pic of Normandy with a lumia :/
27. TechCrazyedBoy (Posts: 129; Member since: 12 Nov 2013)
Actually not a WP home key..Asha home key...
8. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 3655; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
If this becomes true, this would be my first Nokia-powered-Android-phone. :)
12. taikucing (unregistered)
People have been waiting for this so long. Please release it!
Nokia can be #1 in low end market because cheap Chinese phones suck eventhough they have bigger screen
14. colonel (Posts: 9; Member since: 22 Jun 2013)
This definetly asha phone. well look at the back button.
17. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
A Nokia Android phone... Woot! Let's hope this is real.
18. shadez10 (Posts: 419; Member since: 15 Jan 2012)
would defenitely get one when officially released...
a nokia with android = idk what to say :)
19. ddeath (Posts: 167; Member since: 14 Apr 2012)
What a missed opportunity from Nokia, not releasing an Android phone. Most Android users would change to a Nokia it they got a chance, including me.
26. biagnosis (Posts: 22; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
I hope Nokia will also release an Android Phablet with a stylus "ala" S-Pen loaded with gimmicky features just like my Note 2. Just hoping.....and dreaming. If this happens, I'll shut-up and let Nokia take my money. hehe.
28. samsungrocks (Posts: 10; Member since: 12 Dec 2013)
if nokia release normandy thay wont need to make another phone for 5 years cuz a huge number of people aere waitin for it and they would nsurely buy it at any cost
30. terabyteRouser (Posts: 457; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
feel like they would be throwing in the towel if they did this.
31. JerryTime (Posts: 468; Member since: 09 Nov 2013)
If Nokia (Microsoft)were to make an Android phone I would strongly consider switching from my Motorola back to Nokia. Would love to see this on flagships, but with the Microsoft purchasing Nokia I don't think we will ever see that. :(
32. Furbal (Posts: 720; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
lumia 925 + sdcard + kitkat = phone I want.
33. -box- (Posts: 3985; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Lose the android and the blocky design, keep the colors. That green and cyan look stunning. The cyan looks even brighter than my Lumia 900.
I wouldn't mind a return of the color palette from the N- and E-series Symbian phones, in addition of the Lumia spectrum.
35. MrATAndreiThomas (Posts: 1; Member since: 14 Dec 2013)
woow, now Nokia means serious business, i really like the Look of the Nokia Normandy Android device it looks like kids toy phone, a Mini Lumia Range in Android version, i'm proud of being a nokia fan, Move a side Samsung, Nokia is Back to take the crown whats rightfully theirs and the thrown too
41. samsungrocks (Posts: 10; Member since: 12 Dec 2013)
samung will still reign as this one will not be released.so move aside bi*ch
36. Andrewtst (Posts: 561; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
If Nokia ever out Android phone, I will buy it to support Nokia.
38. edelxander (Posts: 51; Member since: 01 Oct 2013)
Nokia with android, 4 inch display, gorilla glass, metal body, 6.2mm thin, decent camera, long lasting removable battery, the next '3310'.. I'd totally buy that.
39. amancarlos (Posts: 42; Member since: 09 May 2012)
i am still not sure if this phone could have redeemed nokia with android. maybe i just had too high an expectation.
If it was clear what price nokia was aiming to sell this phone then it would hae been clear.
maybe nokia is better off with microsoft. If we are not getting pureview with android, maybe we should let this story end. this story has become too long, I hoped to get something good out of it, but maybe arrogance and corporate betrayal is all it for now.
40. nyrobie (Posts: 1; Member since: 18 Dec 2013)
I am always fan of nokia products, in fact my first phone was a nokia. After the rapid development and they choose windows platform over android i was so sad, But hearing these gossips of first nokia android phone will definitely turn me again to nokia. I am fascinated by thier craftsmanship and the quality of their product.