Here's exactly how much bigger the Samsung Galaxy Mega is compared to the Note II, S4 and other popular smartphones
0. phoneArena 11 Apr 2013, 08:53 posted on
Samsung today announced its new Galaxy Mega smartphones, and boy are they enormous! With screen sizes of 6.3 and 5.8 inches, these devices easily make the Galaxy Note II seem like a small device...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
12. Diego! (Posts: 392; Member since: 15 Jun 2009)
I do have large... hand! LOL but this is a JUMBO phone! It's bigger than Note II O_O
15. joey18 (Posts: 486; Member since: 20 Jul 2010)
samsung tvs i think s4 phone is too big 6.3 who wans the only fans boys
18. SavageLucy42 (Posts: 196; Member since: 24 Mar 2011)
And some people think my Note is too big...
20. rusticguy (Posts: 2700; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Start wearing pyjamas to office for Mega 6.3
21. Aeires (unregistered)
To absurdity, and beyond!
25. Note2waitingonNote3 (banned) (Posts: 87; Member since: 19 Mar 2013)
Guess now we have a new king of size and i definitely want it. Can't wait till the Galaxy Note 3. That will reign supreme over all.
26. KashAli (Posts: 102; Member since: 01 Apr 2013)
Thumbs up when you saw Note II and then Mega!!! and said "WTF" !
27. rickywinataa (Posts: 261; Member since: 05 Apr 2012)
i think samsung is trying to give a midrange phone to people who want to use their tablet as a phone. some people say 7" screen is a tad too big, well galaxy mega is the answer and i think it would do well in developing countries. galaxy grand is a really big hit here in indonesia because of the big screen size and yet cheaper price than the higher end models like s3 and note 2
110. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 934; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
ricky people love big screen, but a phone with Mega screen is to much, do you know average high of indonesian men they are not tall and big enough to use this device as a smartphone, and i don't think this mega phone is gonna be cheap
126. 9thWonderful (Posts: 227; Member since: 24 Jan 2013)
so indonesians have small woman hands? i don't believe that.
28. KashAli (Posts: 102; Member since: 01 Apr 2013)
Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 is iPhone 5's Granddad!
29. KashAli (Posts: 102; Member since: 01 Apr 2013)
Samsung made money from large screen phones like Galaxy S2, Note, S3 and NoteII now being too greedy now and going over he top now.
33. SiyabongaMoss (Posts: 7; Member since: 24 Jul 2012)
Lol oh yeah some really interesting stuff from Samsung, they are huge but I'd like the 6.3 just too see how many people would take notice of me when I'm talking on the Phablet (coz right now I'm not getting any weird stares when talking on my galaxy note 2). Otherwise the specs are okay and they have the latest version of andriod and touchwiz (for those who like it anyway)
35. chrislars (Posts: 70; Member since: 11 Apr 2013)
Seems like its gonna be pretty hard to hold unless you have shrek hands or your shaq.
37. Ninetysix (Posts: 929; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
iPhone 20 and Samsung Galaxy S23!
38. chocolaking (Posts: 411; Member since: 22 May 2012)
This mega phone looks really UGLy...
why would they apply the same old crappy concept on every phone they make?
Samsaung is really dumb.
41. Ninetysix (Posts: 929; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
Because they already got caught copying :)
81. jove39 (Posts: 1130; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Don't know where are buyers for phone with 6.3" screen...may be with powerful gpu, they'll market it as gaming device...who knows.
127. 9thWonderful (Posts: 227; Member since: 24 Jan 2013)
it doesn't look ugly...it looks like an oversized S3. so the innovation argument is out the window. each version is appears to be the steroid version of the previous model.
42. keithrandy (Posts: 20; Member since: 05 Feb 2010)
This is absolutely ridiculous. Samsung has completely lost their minds in regards to the size of these phone screens.
44. Dion25 (Posts: 42; Member since: 25 Jul 2012)
Samsung needs to concentrate more on innovation, and less on Size.. Those things will look clumsy on someone's ear..
47. shnibz (Posts: 147; Member since: 18 Sep 2011)
You are right about that! Anyone talking on these would look quite ridiculous.
45. stuyjcp (Posts: 19; Member since: 29 Apr 2012)
I would love to see the Mega 6.3 next to the HP Veer... the Mega 6.3's home button is probably larger than the Veer.
46. shnibz (Posts: 147; Member since: 18 Sep 2011)
Why Samsung? May as well call them the Galaxy Tab phone....but then like the Galaxy Tab, no one would buy one.
49. FlushGordon (unregistered)
It's basically an overpriced tablet with cellular capabilities. If Samsung doesn't reduce the price by 50 percent this thing will flop hard.
50. Neurone (Posts: 54; Member since: 05 Mar 2013)
Well, i have to merge my both side pockets infront to keep this mamooth !
53. RapidCat (Posts: 340; Member since: 12 Jun 2012)
Mega 6.3 good for video call phone sex. man i want that phone
55. speckledapple (Posts: 873; Member since: 29 Sep 2011)
I really gotta say though even if size is not all that matters, one does have to take notice when comparing phone size and seeing the huge difference. That said, it may not be for everyone so Ill have the note 2 kindly but never go with something as small as the iphone 5 again.
60. jibraihimi (Posts: 482; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)
Please stop calling mega 6.3 as phablet or smartphone, it's tablet and should be referred as one......... Instead of comparing mega 6.3 to smartphones, you should have compared it to all 7" & 8" tablets........... It is not necessary that if a device is having calling capability then it should be called as smartphone or phablet, if it's venturing into tablet category, then it should be reffered as one. Even Galaxy note 10.1, galaxy tab 7.0, tab 2 7.0 etc have calling capability, but they are not compared with smartphones........... So phonearena do the size comparison of mega device with small tablets...........
63. bustervic (Posts: 20; Member since: 13 Feb 2012)
This is so dumb, not one, but two uselessly large devices.... Seriously Samsung, wtf are you doing.
69. nbringer (Posts: 71; Member since: 11 Sep 2012)
Well Note is no longer THAT big!
Apparently Samsung's policy is to create a new trend of big screens where they definitely have experience and history. While the Megas are HUGE and probably not many will go for them it is almost sure more will go for larger screens like the Note for example. Did you see how many ladies are looking to buy Notes? I first thought Note is a guy thing, being huge and all... But NO! Ladies are into them too ...
70. TheMaxColonel (Posts: 48; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
Next year we will be holding 10" tablets next our ears.
71. LodeStar (Posts: 28; Member since: 26 Feb 2012)
why samsung just didn't save this huge screen for galaxy note's future line up? :/
75. sw9056 (Posts: 9; Member since: 26 Dec 2012)
don't forget about the brain tumors you will get putting that big thing next to your head :-(
76. areeeeez (Posts: 14; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
well thats gigantic...even galaxy s4 looks small.
I prefer to call it mini-tablet rather than phablet.
85. BigSexy (Posts: 2; Member since: 11 Apr 2013)
doesn't matter how big it is...if you have bluetooth you don't need to hold it up to your head
87. KashAli (Posts: 102; Member since: 01 Apr 2013)
Not meant to be a tablet mate. A Smartphone!
91. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 2800; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
The Mega 6.3 actually looks the same size has the 5.8, just that the bezels are smaller and the screen is larger. So why would anyone get the 5.8 when it's just as tall and narrow as the 6.3 but with a smaller screen?
99. dirtydirty00 (Posts: 233; Member since: 21 Jan 2011)
wow.... that thing is... mega. to say the least
100. UrbanPhantom (Posts: 909; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
Tablet, not smartphone or phablet...who are they kidding?
105. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1330; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Good god, a Sammy 6.3! Shutup and take my moneh!!
106. GrmanR (Posts: 40; Member since: 09 Apr 2013)
They would sell that as a psp where I come from...
108. scsa852k (Posts: 237; Member since: 16 Oct 2012)
Can't wait for pricing for these bad boys.
If it's anywhere between $400~500 range, I'm swapping my SIM onto Mega 6.3
109. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 934; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
Design for NBA players and Inspired by Yao Ming ^_^
119. Phaze0085 (Posts: 93; Member since: 22 Sep 2011)
I am not impressed with these specs at all. Im glad the screen size has increased, but whats the deal with the crappy camera, processor, resolution and pixel density? I mean, I thought Samsung was about moving forward, not backwards. I'm really saddened by this. I hope something changes by the time these phones come out. That Sony Togari is looking like more, and more of a sure bet.