Here's a list with new features expected from the Windows Phone 8 launch
Some of those features got officially revealed already, others were a subject of rumors all this time, so it will be interesting to compare what from the hearsay in some of the selected feature slides below will actually materialize in a few hours when Microsoft takes the stage at 10am PT. We''ll be there live to let you know what's happening.
Here's the list of new features expected with the Windows Phone 8 launch
1. Three tile sizes on screen wide
2. More accent colors
3. New animation
4. Data Profiling and Live Tile
5. Live lock screen
6. Live tile and lock screen with the latest e-mail subject displayed.
7. Changed People Hub layout
8. Improved Bing Search
10. Office 2013 looks
11. Downloadable maps
12. Edit pictures
13. Company Hub and Apps
15. Kid's Corner
1. osanilevich (Posts: 244; Member since: 29 Sep 2009)
the lot of these sound like cosmetic upgrades. I'm hoping Mircosoft has something really incredible to show us. Only thing holding me back from the Lumia 920 is WP's lack of features
4. Ueliton (Posts: 34; Member since: 29 Aug 2012)
Yes indeed... but I believe they have, or it won´t justify the secrecy over the platform so far.
2. Schmao (Posts: 302; Member since: 05 Jul 2009)
Oh yeah. It also just feels like WP8 is pretty much catching up to Android and iOS, but not really adding any new interesting features. I am stuck between buying the Note 2 or HTC 8X (since I'm on T-mobile) and I'm just trying to see which will give me the most for my money.
7. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Get the NOTE II, you won't regret it.
3. redmd (Posts: 868; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
you will only want these if you really really want windows phone interface. all of the features can be found on Android. I find less reason to switch to windows. lag can't be found on jelly bean.
6. md227a (Posts: 121; Member since: 20 Mar 2012)
I'm really thinking about getting the lumia 920, I liked the 900 but it was just missing a few key features. Looks like its getting most of them.
8. really (Posts: 3; Member since: 27 Oct 2012)
I own the lumia 800 and regret it.
i should go to galaxy s-II at that moment.
10. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
There are much better phones then the s2 to get, besides wp8 looks good and the 920 matches other flagships
11. md227a (Posts: 121; Member since: 20 Mar 2012)
Well I have the S2 & S3 and iPhone I like giving all devices a far shot. Like I said I liked my lumia but it just missed a few core features that I have gotten used to on iOS and Android.