Here's a close look at HTC One M8's dual-sensor rear camera
As you can see above, there is certainly a dual LED flash next to the main camera sensor. Unfortunately, there's still no word on the two sensors' Megapixel count, and (for now) we can't know if this camera arrangement will enable us to take great photos. The 4MP UltraPixel snapper of the 2013 HTC One was a letdown for pretty much everyone, so we’re hoping that this year’s One flagship won’t disappoint again.
Expected to be called the All New HTC One, the upcoming handset will face some tough competition. For example, Samsung has its Galaxy S5, Sony introduced the Xperia Z2, and LG already started selling its G Pro 2 (which definitely has a great rear camera, as you can see in our review).
HTC will announce the new One smartphone on March 25. The handset is expected to be widely available around the world, and it should be sold by all major carriers in the US. What do you think, can this new HTC One take the world by storm? Or will it have the fate of last year's model (which, despite being highly praised, was not exactly a commercial success)?
1. Kishin (Posts: 635; Member since: 30 May 2013)
I like but they could done better in Designing the phone..
27. akki20892 (Posts: 3623; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
One is already enough in design, I Don't know why they change a little bit.
81. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5922; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
How can you make an assessment without seeing the output of the new camera function? It isn't a matter of design; there is a function that is being assessed.
89. amats69 (Posts: 1125; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
I can say m8 design is gorgeous except the more rounded corner than the HTC one. I still prefer the radius of corner of the HTC one..and also I hate that HTC logo.But I m so excited for the official unveiling of this phone...I'm so curious of the dual lens camera
91. Droiderr (Posts: 32; Member since: 05 Mar 2013)
Don't be curious.. it might be a flop like the ultrapixel too..
96. gomulkaaa (Posts: 22; Member since: 02 Sep 2011)
Why are you such an ass? He can be curious if he wants to. You have no idea what you're talking about.
2. dontneedtoknow (Posts: 152; Member since: 17 Feb 2014)
It looks beautiful! I like the metal brushing! God I'm excitedly new phones.
3. papss (unregistered)
The only thing I'm concerned about is why haven't the camera mp count been leaked.. Hope that s a good sign versus a bad sign
12. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4104; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
It's probably going to be two 5 MP sensors that will make one 13 MP image. It's Toshiba's technology;
92. zuckerboy (banned) (Posts: 898; Member since: 22 Dec 2011)
you r right bcuz toshibas' new sensor consists of two lenses. and I think htc is gonna fail this year.
93. Atrixboyyy (Posts: 253; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
2mp on front 4.x on back the extra camera/sensor are more of an aid for the main snapper or at least that's how they've been pushing it. And I don't really think upscaling an extra 3mil in pixels is a good idea
4. edisonbono (Posts: 9; Member since: 02 Mar 2014)
They could've added new information like MP count or sensor size. Nothing new here.
15. Deaconclgi (Posts: 322; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
There is ALOT of bezel around that tiny camera lens!!! I am actually surprised at the size of the lenses, they look like two front facing cameras with crafted bezels in that picture. Was the 4MP lens on the HTC One that small?
17. edisonbono (Posts: 9; Member since: 02 Mar 2014)
What's the problem with bezels nowadays? It seems like its the next thing people complain about other than the phone's features.
84. vincelongman (Posts: 1602; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
I don't see why the bezels on a camera would matter, I think it would be good as it might let a bit more light in (like what Liayana is saying)
However, complaining about bezels on the front of the phone, especially the top and bottom, is very common now days because screens are so big. Therefore small bezels are needed to keep the size down.
E.g. the Z2 is nearly a cm taller than the G2 (both same screen size).
28. LiyanaBG (Posts: 366; Member since: 07 Nov 2013)
they know what they doing there is a reason for it it might help in low light pictures.
25. newbey123 (Posts: 449; Member since: 19 Mar 2012)
Looks awesome. Can't wait to pick up this beast. Just release it HTC, I'm ready to upgrade.
78. GeekMovement (Posts: 1519; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
the F? o_O...
OT: Personally think the rear of the new HTC flagship looks great. I can't wait for the announcement.
80. strikercho (banned) (Posts: 156; Member since: 20 Mar 2012)
Looks pathetic. Really, HTC? The size of the sensor looks like two VGA cameras. :)))
82. geordie8t1 (unregistered)
As another user already pointed out. This camera setup is some kind of dual setup, maybe even toshibas dual 5mp setup, for lytro ish effects and of controlling the depth of field post processing, I found one picture of the way it works with the toshiba module and the initial result was amazing, I have been a samsung owner for years but my head is turned now, with sony, lg and htc offering a killer device each, it's maybe time to let go of the once great phone, here's Hoping the f series comes true......
83. Taters (Posts: 3528; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
That looks horrible. The back of the HTC One was already busy enough. This is super cluttered.
94. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4104; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Adding an extra camera and flash makes it looks super cluttered? What about LG's 3 extra buttons in addition to a camera and flash? Or Samsung's heartbeat sensor?
88. fzacek (Posts: 2108; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
I think this HTC won't be much better than last year's. The LG G3 seems promising though.
95. skymitch89 (Posts: 1099; Member since: 05 Nov 2010)
Is there no one else that notices the led flashes are colored? To me looks like green & amber colors.