Here's a $90 tablet: pre-owned BlackBerry PlayBook goes on sale today only
0. phoneArena 26 Dec 2012, 08:31 posted on
The $99 tablet is not yet a reality, but if you can settle for pre-owned last year gadgetry of pretty good quality, you can actually buy a 7-inch tablet right now for even less…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. ajac09 (Posts: 1107; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
50 bucks and you got a deal. Not worth even 90
5. Piotrek007 (Posts: 74; Member since: 07 Dec 2010)
What ??!! Show me better tablet for 90$ !!
11. squallz506 (banned) (Posts: 1075; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
It isn't worth $90 even if there is a better tablet.
These are getting handed out for free to developers.
The playbook will be less than $50 soon.
2. lauremar (Posts: 178; Member since: 29 Feb 2012)
Can it be upgraded to the newest Blackberry 10 OS? If yes, I'll take it for that price, otherwise it's worthless...
9. imkyle (Posts: 911; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
BB said in Mid 2012 that they were going to upgrade this to BB 10. Hoping so, .
3. JohnnyBravo (Posts: 105; Member since: 02 Dec 2012)
$90 sounds pretty good to me...this thing is selling on ebay in the 130 range. It may not support all the apps that are on iOS or Android but how many apps do you really need??? i used about 20-30 apps tops. Playbook was a solid offering from Blackberry I thought.
4. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 2447; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
I wouldn't even pay a quarter of the price for it.
7. Droiddoes (unregistered)
But you'll pay 5 times the price for a novelty that does half as much. Genius.
8. ocilfa (Posts: 210; Member since: 03 Aug 2012)
The Playbook is an exceptional tablet. I have yet to hold another tablet that equals the overall build quality of it. Anyone who says otherwise has obviously never used one before. For $90, you are in no way getting ripped off.
10. downphoenix (Posts: 1991; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
Agreed. Build quality is very good and the form factor is nice. As far as it being "heavy" at 14 oz, what? 14 oz isnt heavy at all.
12. techloverNYC (Posts: 143; Member since: 20 Nov 2012)
With the amount of apps bb is packing im going to pass.
13. gmacattacks (Posts: 24; Member since: 07 Sep 2012)
Can't android apps be side loaded on it?