Here we go again: Microsoft and Apple-owned company is suing Google, Samsung, HTC, LG and others
0. phoneArena 01 Nov 2013, 09:43 posted on
Just when we though things were getting too quiet on the patent front, we have a new development that is threatening to obliterate anything we've seen this far in terms of its scale...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. RoyalPayne (banned) (Posts: 458; Member since: 07 Aug 2013)
Get those effing thieves Apple! They'll never learn otherwise! :D
4. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10439; Member since: 14 May 2012)
1) You didn't read the article
2) You don't know what patents are involved
3) You're supporting patent trolling if you agree with this
14. cezarepc (Posts: 714; Member since: 23 Nov 2012)
Obviously RoyalPayne is one of those people heading directly to the comments section
24. ardent1 (Posts: 2000; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
It's not patent trolling. It's just desserts.
Google deserves these lawsuits. Those 1st class f*cktards at Google must be kicking themselves in the head for being greedy and stupid!
This is completely self-inflicted.
27. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10439; Member since: 14 May 2012)
I honestly wonder how much Apple pays you to write such hate on Android and Google. Your hate is beyond more than I have imagined.
29. RoyalPayne (banned) (Posts: 458; Member since: 07 Aug 2013)
How much do they pay you to praise and advertise them?
34. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10439; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Please explain/show me how I advertise Google or Android. I'll stay right here and wait.
Oh and btw, I get my check from my job today. What about you?
42. RoyalPayne (banned) (Posts: 458; Member since: 07 Aug 2013)
From samsung? R u one of those ppl who make $4500/week working from home that i see in google ads?
83. jacko1977 (Posts: 428; Member since: 11 Feb 2012)
i praise and advertise them coz its the best os out
109. eldyagustius (Posts: 177; Member since: 30 Oct 2013)
The best? Looks like someone is being paid. None of those mobile OS is the best. Every OS have their advantages and drawbacks. There's something that iOs wins or even the Android wins. They have different experience and customer segmentation. Be a smart user!
32. ardent1 (Posts: 2000; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
I deal with facts.
Even Google admitted they f*cked up. Did you read the discussion between the Google GC complaining about being outbid and then the MS counsel responding not only did Google walked away from the consortium, Google decided to bid against the consortium only to lose.
I will find you the links. You can't make this sh*t up.
40. ardent1 (Posts: 2000; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
Okay PapaSmurf, here's the blog about Google crying about how they lost the Nortel patents.
45. ardent1 (Posts: 2000; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
Here's MS' response to the blatant lies by Google.
Google said F*ck You to the consortium. So nice of MS to set the record straight.
Again, I deal with facts. After losing the Nortel patents, Google overpays to buy Moto.
54. ardent1 (Posts: 2000; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
Nice summary of he said she said.
61. Kjayhawk (Posts: 293; Member since: 07 Oct 2010)
Your kinda right... Rockstar has got a solid case against these companies. All google can do is argue that these patents are too broad or wait till the government steps in to fix this patent trolling.
Also Forbes wrote a great article about this here is just a snippet:
Google cannot say that the patents are not valuable since they tried to bid for them themselves: ergo, they must be worth to Google at least what Google was willing to offer for them. Myself, if I were defending against this idea, I’d say that sure, but they also cannot be more valuable than what we were willing to pay for them either: and nor can they be more valuable than what was actually paid for them (this idea is being asserted in another patent suit right now: a patent cannot be worth more than Intellectual Ventures actually paid for it).
62. kabhijeet.16 (Posts: 803; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
LOL... Ur brains must be in your knees...
You calling Google "Greedy"??
What would you say Apple who produce same device every year and sell at double the Nexus prices... You get nothing at double the price of iDevices....
You think you are smart.. Think again... If you can...
87. ardent1 (Posts: 2000; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
You are being unctuous. Facts are independent of where you are smart or dumb.
I can only point out Google spent billions to acquire Moto, a money-losing OEM, after they lost the Nortel patents.
The greedy part was how Google had a golden opportunity to work with the consortium, and instead try to win all the patents for themselves.
114. GoGoGalaxyNexus (Posts: 53; Member since: 01 Nov 2013)
Google stole innovation from apple. That's the only patent apple could not get with bribes
60. kabhijeet.16 (Posts: 803; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
Dont bother about him.. he is a "Royal-Pain" in the ass"..
He is rolling on every Android article...
88. ardent1 (Posts: 2000; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
I deal with facts, and I thorough enjoy pointing out facts about the android ecosystem that the android camp hate to see in the open.
I understand these facts are embarrassing, but people should get to see the truth.
99. 14545 (Posts: 1468; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
So dealing in "facts" means you have an undying love for a corporation? One that makes a pretty lousy product, might I add. I'm all for innovation, but apple has none. For all my vitriol towards MS for their WP7/8 abortion, at least they have built something. Apple just bought and marketed their way to top. Heck, without the ipod's success, the iphone would have failed out of the gate. They built a market around the ipod and that was where MS failed with WinMo. (Which I actually miss at times) So please go away.
103. TylerGrunter (Posts: 1514; Member since: 16 Feb 2012)
I do not think calling anyone "1st class f*cktards, greedy and stupid!" can be counted as "facts", it´s more on the "hate" and "fanboyism" side of the spectrum.
It´s merely opinion, bashing and hating.
So at least have the decency of no calling it "facts"
6. joey_sfb (Posts: 5432; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Yup! Apple is the granf theft. Copy shamelessly and claim that they invented the stolen idea.
Only Apple fans would blindly worship them.
11. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10439; Member since: 14 May 2012)
The Rockstar branch includes several other companies other than Apple I hope you know...
16. Reality_Check (Posts: 277; Member since: 15 Aug 2013)
It does own a large stake in that venture, but it helps that no company owns a controlling interest in Rockstar.
59. Sauce (unregistered)
He's just another person who only sees the words "Apple" and "sues" and goes straight to comment.
73. joey_sfb (Posts: 5432; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
No body can go about doing their business without infringing a patent these days.
I am sick of it.
100. 14545 (Posts: 1468; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
That's my point. You can't even better a process anymore because of "infringement". Of course it is going to be similar, you are building on it. Not to mention, essential functions should not be patentable. I would almost be willing to go out on a limb and say software shouldn't be patentable. That would be like patenting the "cosine" function. At some point we have to give.
85. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Their spaceship campus design is some copy of a Turkish fish market design ...
65. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
you're ONE TO TALK. Why support a evil company like APPLE? They already ban the GALAXY NEXUS i be DAMN if they ban our beloved NEXUS 5.
70. darkkjedii (Posts: 20127; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
You'll be dammed? What exactly would You do?
69. kabhijeet.16 (Posts: 803; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
Mr Steve Jobs --the biggest thief--
89. ardent1 (Posts: 2000; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
That would be your opinion, and opinions are not facts.
107. kabhijeet.16 (Posts: 803; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
Its not my opinion.Its Steve Jobs's...
108. warren24 (Posts: 19; Member since: 02 Apr 2013)
Youre really bitxhy arent ya....you say you got facts. Well this is one too. You can show us facts but you only show us one side of the coin.
And these 'facts' are usually stuff from PA anyways. You think were blind or some shxt? Geez I havent commented in so long, and I logged in just to tell you that youre the most annoying git I've seen in a while. Now tell us your opinion...geez
2. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10439; Member since: 14 May 2012)
I'm getting so sick of patent trolls now.
20. ardent1 (Posts: 2000; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
PapaSmurf -- you should read the history of how Google f*cked up beyond belief on these patents. Google was actually part of the Apple, MicroSoft, Blackberry et al team before the bidding process to win the patents. Instead, Google goes out with its own $900 million bid. What a dumb a**!!
31. RoyalPayne (banned) (Posts: 458; Member since: 07 Aug 2013)
Of course u r, ur fav companies r on the recieving end! The thieves!
39. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10439; Member since: 14 May 2012)
If the sides were opposite, and Microsoft and Apple were getting sued, it's still patent trolling. Pure greed. Use your brain next time please? Thanks.
This is my last comment to you btw. People like you don't deserve a reply from me after this.
43. RoyalPayne (banned) (Posts: 458; Member since: 07 Aug 2013)
OMG u wont reply to me? Boo-hoo-hoo. NOT.
77. Reluctant_Human (Posts: 885; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
Royal. People like you is why I hate that they got rid of the thumbs down button. Your so biased that nothing short of Steve Jobs rising from the dead and giving you a handjob while telling you how wrong you are would convince you otherwise.
The bottom line is that this stupid patent trolling is hurting all of us. The only people that are winning are lawyers. We as the consumers pay the lawyer fees and settlements every time we buy a new phone. We pay the court costs every time we pay taxes. On top of all that it takes focus away from these companies making new and better products.
Don't believe me that these stupid law suits hurt companies? Then look at Apples share in the market share drop since it started this stupidity particularly in Europe.
90. ardent1 (Posts: 2000; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
You forgot the obvious, in America we have strong property rights. If someone steals your Android smartphone or your car, you would want the justice system to protect you.
What Rockstar wants is no different. They want to protect their property rights.
Please don't be a hypocrite.
101. joey_sfb (Posts: 5432; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Anyway, you are footing the legal bill as well every time to buy an Apple product.
Apple chose this path of self destruction bearing the same kind of mindset. If Apple has pause to think they would have use their massive wealth to further their R&D and invest on creating their own manufacturing arms.
The world does revolve around only Europe and U.S like it used to be. There are strong competition coming from Greater China.
Google and Apple are both U.S fronted companies with limited access to China and India the next growth market. And they may be the one to set the standard for Telecom communication if they exert their influence.
Therefore i repeat that both Apple and Google should join force to invest in research or both perish in their meaningless qurrell
102. joey_sfb (Posts: 5432; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
In fact i am ready to support which ever standard that China the awaken giant would set.
But are the American ready for this?
Do you guys still remember that U.S owe a lot of money to China?
Will your goverment sell you out in the end. So China the next superpower is on the rise and strong companie like Apple and Google are fighting among themselve. What a joke.
66. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
think i'm going to THROW UP with all THESE B.S. patent trolls myself it nice without reading more lawsuits against android for half a year now this crap show up.
3. TwentyWendy (banned) (Posts: 65; Member since: 12 Aug 2013)
Motorola should be punished as well...
81. JC557 (Posts: 1321; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
Why should they? Theyve been involved in the related tech for ages. Much longer than MS and Apple combined.
5. smallworld (Posts: 484; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
Sony is pure genius, they can't be sued even though android is their main OS. They managed to ally with Microsoft and Apple while Google is also their ally.
12. Reality_Check (Posts: 277; Member since: 15 Aug 2013)
That board must have outvoted Sony. Sony is the only company that doesn't engage in patent trolling, trash other businesses and still going strong.
67. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
It's because M$ Apple know that SONY won't make that much money in sales.
33. RoyalPayne (banned) (Posts: 458; Member since: 07 Aug 2013)
Sony is the a giant one side of the hemisphere, Apple is the giant on the other side of hemisphere! Nokia is the giant in the middle!
72. jromy (Posts: 114; Member since: 26 Feb 2013)
Do you even know what a hemisphere IS?
I'm guessing that by picking those three companies you're hoping to get at least some kind of reaction right?
78. Reluctant_Human (Posts: 885; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
Your ignorance is encyclopedic royal.
91. ardent1 (Posts: 2000; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
Reluctant_Human, why is it you can make opinions and comments and Royal cannot?
Please don't practice hypocrisy.
104. TylerGrunter (Posts: 1514; Member since: 16 Feb 2012)
Who said they he can´t comment?
He just pointed out RoyalPayne ignorance as he obviously doesn´t know what an hemisphere is.
Please learn to read and to undesrtand what people write.
7. zig8100 (Posts: 227; Member since: 13 Dec 2012)
That's what happens when your market share is 8% globally. Lol. Android is 86%? Have to try to slow down the train somehow huh? Not going to work.
9. quakan (Posts: 1361; Member since: 02 Mar 2011)
I still never understand why people compare an individual company to an entire platform made up of many companies.