Here we go again: Microsoft and Apple-owned company is suing Google, Samsung, HTC, LG and others
0. phoneArena 01 Nov 2013, 09:43 posted on
Just when we though things were getting too quiet on the patent front, we have a new development that is threatening to obliterate anything we've seen this far in terms of its scale...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. RoyalPayne (banned) (Posts: 458; Member since: 07 Aug 2013)
Get those effing thieves Apple! They'll never learn otherwise! :D
4. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10457; Member since: 14 May 2012)
1) You didn't read the article
2) You don't know what patents are involved
3) You're supporting patent trolling if you agree with this
14. cezarepc (Posts: 716; Member since: 23 Nov 2012)
Obviously RoyalPayne is one of those people heading directly to the comments section
24. ardent1 (Posts: 2000; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
It's not patent trolling. It's just desserts.
Google deserves these lawsuits. Those 1st class f*cktards at Google must be kicking themselves in the head for being greedy and stupid!
This is completely self-inflicted.
27. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10457; Member since: 14 May 2012)
I honestly wonder how much Apple pays you to write such hate on Android and Google. Your hate is beyond more than I have imagined.
29. RoyalPayne (banned) (Posts: 458; Member since: 07 Aug 2013)
How much do they pay you to praise and advertise them?
34. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10457; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Please explain/show me how I advertise Google or Android. I'll stay right here and wait.
Oh and btw, I get my check from my job today. What about you?
42. RoyalPayne (banned) (Posts: 458; Member since: 07 Aug 2013)
From samsung? R u one of those ppl who make $4500/week working from home that i see in google ads?
83. jacko1977 (Posts: 428; Member since: 11 Feb 2012)
i praise and advertise them coz its the best os out
109. eldyagustius (Posts: 177; Member since: 30 Oct 2013)
The best? Looks like someone is being paid. None of those mobile OS is the best. Every OS have their advantages and drawbacks. There's something that iOs wins or even the Android wins. They have different experience and customer segmentation. Be a smart user!
32. ardent1 (Posts: 2000; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
I deal with facts.
Even Google admitted they f*cked up. Did you read the discussion between the Google GC complaining about being outbid and then the MS counsel responding not only did Google walked away from the consortium, Google decided to bid against the consortium only to lose.
I will find you the links. You can't make this sh*t up.
40. ardent1 (Posts: 2000; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
Okay PapaSmurf, here's the blog about Google crying about how they lost the Nortel patents.
45. ardent1 (Posts: 2000; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
Here's MS' response to the blatant lies by Google.
Google said F*ck You to the consortium. So nice of MS to set the record straight.
Again, I deal with facts. After losing the Nortel patents, Google overpays to buy Moto.
54. ardent1 (Posts: 2000; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
Nice summary of he said she said.
61. Kjayhawk (Posts: 293; Member since: 07 Oct 2010)
Your kinda right... Rockstar has got a solid case against these companies. All google can do is argue that these patents are too broad or wait till the government steps in to fix this patent trolling.
Also Forbes wrote a great article about this here is just a snippet:
Google cannot say that the patents are not valuable since they tried to bid for them themselves: ergo, they must be worth to Google at least what Google was willing to offer for them. Myself, if I were defending against this idea, I’d say that sure, but they also cannot be more valuable than what we were willing to pay for them either: and nor can they be more valuable than what was actually paid for them (this idea is being asserted in another patent suit right now: a patent cannot be worth more than Intellectual Ventures actually paid for it).
62. kabhijeet.16 (Posts: 807; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
LOL... Ur brains must be in your knees...
You calling Google "Greedy"??
What would you say Apple who produce same device every year and sell at double the Nexus prices... You get nothing at double the price of iDevices....
You think you are smart.. Think again... If you can...
87. ardent1 (Posts: 2000; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
You are being unctuous. Facts are independent of where you are smart or dumb.
I can only point out Google spent billions to acquire Moto, a money-losing OEM, after they lost the Nortel patents.
The greedy part was how Google had a golden opportunity to work with the consortium, and instead try to win all the patents for themselves.
114. GoGoGalaxyNexus (Posts: 58; Member since: 01 Nov 2013)
Google stole innovation from apple. That's the only patent apple could not get with bribes
60. kabhijeet.16 (Posts: 807; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
Dont bother about him.. he is a "Royal-Pain" in the ass"..
He is rolling on every Android article...
88. ardent1 (Posts: 2000; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
I deal with facts, and I thorough enjoy pointing out facts about the android ecosystem that the android camp hate to see in the open.
I understand these facts are embarrassing, but people should get to see the truth.
99. 14545 (Posts: 1598; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
So dealing in "facts" means you have an undying love for a corporation? One that makes a pretty lousy product, might I add. I'm all for innovation, but apple has none. For all my vitriol towards MS for their WP7/8 abortion, at least they have built something. Apple just bought and marketed their way to top. Heck, without the ipod's success, the iphone would have failed out of the gate. They built a market around the ipod and that was where MS failed with WinMo. (Which I actually miss at times) So please go away.
103. TylerGrunter (Posts: 1524; Member since: 16 Feb 2012)
I do not think calling anyone "1st class f*cktards, greedy and stupid!" can be counted as "facts", it´s more on the "hate" and "fanboyism" side of the spectrum.
It´s merely opinion, bashing and hating.
So at least have the decency of no calling it "facts"
6. joey_sfb (Posts: 5829; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Yup! Apple is the granf theft. Copy shamelessly and claim that they invented the stolen idea.
Only Apple fans would blindly worship them.
11. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10457; Member since: 14 May 2012)
The Rockstar branch includes several other companies other than Apple I hope you know...
16. Reality_Check (Posts: 277; Member since: 15 Aug 2013)
It does own a large stake in that venture, but it helps that no company owns a controlling interest in Rockstar.
59. Sauce (unregistered)
He's just another person who only sees the words "Apple" and "sues" and goes straight to comment.
73. joey_sfb (Posts: 5829; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
No body can go about doing their business without infringing a patent these days.
I am sick of it.
100. 14545 (Posts: 1598; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
That's my point. You can't even better a process anymore because of "infringement". Of course it is going to be similar, you are building on it. Not to mention, essential functions should not be patentable. I would almost be willing to go out on a limb and say software shouldn't be patentable. That would be like patenting the "cosine" function. At some point we have to give.
85. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Their spaceship campus design is some copy of a Turkish fish market design ...