Here is where around your home an iPhone is most likely to be damaged
0. phoneArena 16 Oct 2012, 07:32 posted on
One of the last sounds that an iPhone owner wants to hear is the sound of their iPhone shattering after a fall to the floor. Sadly, quite a few of them likely know how that feels like: it is estimated that about 3 in every 10 iPhones have been damaged one way or another, according to data provided by SquareTrade – a company offering protection plans for various of our pricey gadgets...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. darkkjedii (Posts: 12380; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I treat mine with lots of care, and keep it away from water.
13. Topcat488 (Posts: 1170; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
Hasn't Apple figured it out yet, that maybe these are not accidents... I mean the phone is not given the name icrap for nothing... :(
2. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8839; Member since: 14 May 2012)
What were these people before they dropped their phone in toilet?
6. kellkeezy (Posts: 57; Member since: 17 Dec 2011)
My friend had her's in her back pocket and slipped out and fell in a port-o-potty
8. eisenbricher (Posts: 971; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
Tell her to remove it after 6 months from that sewage tank. It should remain in working condition, 'kay? Tried and tested by a very trusted site with positive result.
11. jmoita2 (Posts: 930; Member since: 23 Dec 2011)
LMFAO!!! Priceless, man!!!
10. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
Hey, don't criTiCiZe, it happened to me. I inadvertently dropped my iPhone 4 in eau de toiLet last year after mother nature came-a-callin' and iWent-a-runnin'!! In a feverish frenzy to drop my drawers, iDropped my iPhone instead and then dropped mother nature on top. I used a clothes hanger (not the Mommy Dearest kind, the wire kind) to scoop it out of the loo. My only recourse to try and salvage it was to place it in the wash because FaceTime™ was now FaceGriMe™; I guess I fall into the 9 and 5 percentiLe, respectively. Good thing I had Verizon insurance through Assurion; I was upgraded to an iPhone 4S. I guess sh¡t happens for a reason.
3. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Would be interesting to see a comparison with other phones :)
4. wendygarett (unregistered)
All of my 5 iPhone shattered outside my home (road) but still functional, and yeah my 4th iphone is because on top of the car :D
5. lyndon420 (Posts: 1782; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
Can't life wait long enough for you to have a piss without texting or facebook?
7. eisenbricher (Posts: 971; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
This happens with every phone. Not only iPhones...
12. android_sucks (Posts: 111; Member since: 28 Jul 2011)
Yes, but iPhone is the only phone that matters.
15. eisenbricher (Posts: 971; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
You just woke me up from a long dream where newly developed androids helped people day by day, while a certain flower never closed itself and never allowed its pollen grains to spread, just to rot away. Yeah, thanks for that ;P
16. android_sucks (Posts: 111; Member since: 28 Jul 2011)
I am here to make sure that fandroids are brought into the reality of things......you're welcome ;-)
24. android_sucks (Posts: 111; Member since: 28 Jul 2011)
I'm not an android hater....I just don't like lag.
23. android_sucks (Posts: 111; Member since: 28 Jul 2011)
Your mother did not make a reply on here....why are you addressing her?
9. loken (Posts: 462; Member since: 09 May 2012)
This dosent happen with Xperia V or Acro S !!
14. Robert235 (Posts: 51; Member since: 30 May 2010)
This apple's secret plot to make iphone users to do stupid stuff with their phone to buy a new one.
17. denied911 (banned) (Posts: 361; Member since: 31 May 2012)
iphone owners are stupid to do this things to mobile phone
18. ElektronicGeek91 (Posts: 105; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
I thought an iphone can last in water for 6months like the one that was in the lake...ahaha Iphoney!!
22. RandomlyPsychotic (Posts: 36; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
I'm guilty being that 12% who's ruined their iPhone with Coffee....lols...at...Starbucks.