Here is the phone that powers NASA space robots (hint: it runs Android)
0. phoneArena 25 Mar 2013, 09:24 posted on
NASA embarked on an ambitious project a couple of years ago - using a smartphone to power its space robot, the SPHERES satellite…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
3. CanYouSeeTheLight (Posts: 538; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
You must think Nasa does stuff in 1 day.. There is a lot of research in to this and if you did read the article they had to do reverse engineering and they need to be able to swap the battery for an alkaline one, is it that hard to read?
5. xperiaDROID (Posts: 3736; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
It is a joke dude, of course I've read the article.
13. wendygarett (unregistered)
Some people just can't take sarcasm
34. oFreddEo (Posts: 4; Member since: 26 Feb 2012)
Wendy, you can suck my d**k! Litterally. Damb you fine! & f**k Apple!
17. xperiaDROID (Posts: 3736; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
I'm not a troll dude, I don't get it, why would you say that?
Geez....... you are the first guy who called me a troll....congrats to you, HAPPY NOW? END OF THE STORY!
36. applesucker (Posts: 27; Member since: 29 Oct 2013)
do you say its fake? well sorry because it's already launched into space
14. Nikolas.Oliver (Posts: 1260; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
then why don't they use galaxy nexus instead? galaxy nexus has removable battery, too
25. JonBjSig (Posts: 167; Member since: 17 Nov 2011)
Because the Galaxy Nexus hadn't even been conceived of yet when the project started.
9. Bernoulli (Posts: 1178; Member since: 01 Sep 2012)
Because the article clearly says the project was from a couple of years ago?
2. ajac09 (Posts: 1107; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
More proof of the flexibility of android over IOS ( and others). Also proof NASA is cheap haha
19. jsdechavez (Posts: 651; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
Well, they can't afford a flop much like these manufacturing companies. Their projects cost millions of dollars. And their feat among others means low-core (even single) computing is enough.
4. MrJerry (Posts: 366; Member since: 05 Oct 2012)
Now even NASA starts reviewing smartphones lol
7. XperiaPrince (Posts: 108; Member since: 25 Dec 2012)
Now the robots will laaaaaagggggg!!!!! I love android tough
10. Bernoulli (Posts: 1178; Member since: 01 Sep 2012)
They should've used a nokia 3310, so that way if it were to fall to earth they could pick it back up in one piece
12. wendygarett (unregistered)
Android 16!! Why are you suddenly fall in love with Nokia? Lol
21. lolioslol (banned) (Posts: 182; Member since: 10 Dec 2012)
Nobody likes you. Please shut up and go away. Lol
22. Igneel (unregistered)
She's hot, why the hatred? *according to the picture
26. microsoftnokiawin (Posts: 650; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
that's an even her that's some youtuber -_-
28. Bernoulli (Posts: 1178; Member since: 01 Sep 2012)
It's Android 18 for you, and I've always loved nokia I just don't like windows. . Yet at least lol
32. BackHandLegend (Posts: 80; Member since: 15 Dec 2012)
OH GOD... you dare insult DBZ and are back here? YOU ARE BANISHED AGAIN HEAVEN.
33. Bernoulli (Posts: 1178; Member since: 01 Sep 2012)
Wtf are you talking about? My avatar IS Android 18
24. SGSatlantis (Posts: 205; Member since: 20 Jul 2011)
That's how the dinosaurs went extinct.
20. lolioslol (banned) (Posts: 182; Member since: 10 Dec 2012)
Of course it runs Android, appfail cannot even get their novelty crap to work on the planet we are on. The thought of sattelites whizzing around powered by apple maps is terrifying!
29. Bernoulli (Posts: 1178; Member since: 01 Sep 2012)
The robot would end up in a different solar system if they used their navigation
31. lolioslol (banned) (Posts: 182; Member since: 10 Dec 2012)
Yeah. That was the implication of what I said. But thanks for pointing out what was blindingly obvious, Captain Obvious.
35. Bernoulli (Posts: 1178; Member since: 01 Sep 2012)
You're very welcome! So glad to point out what you couldn't
27. rusticguy (Posts: 2700; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Proprietary battery or it won't boot up. Quietly Brilliant "Exposed" . That's why Samsung sells more ...