Here is the full retail price of the all new HTC One (M8)
0. phoneArena 22 Mar 2014, 09:50 posted on
The all new HTC One (M8) has been hyped to a level usually not seen for a smartphone that doesn't have an Apple on its back plate. Even the annual unveiling of Samsung's flagship phone never reached the manic level we've seen for the HTC One sequel. What is it about the all new HTC One (M8) that has everyone reacting like this? Could it be the dual-cameras on the back of the device? The dual LED flash? Or is it that HTC listened to its customers...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
4. AfterShock (Posts: 2124; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
Certainly costs more then the HTC it seems.
5. PapaSmurf (Posts: 7370; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Subjunctive to opinion. I was going to get the S5 but want to switch it up a bit now. Next OEM in sight is Apple.
12. ihavenoname (Posts: 1260; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
I'm possibly ditching Samsung also. Maybe to Z2, I've always loved Sony products, but display has been dealbreaker. Really tempted by iPhone 6 and new One, too.
17. tedkord (Posts: 4282; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Not trying to start an argument, but how can you be tempted by a phone that is only rumors, has no confirmed specs or features?
14. amasog (Posts: 129; Member since: 22 Aug 2013)
lol!! band is is only good for open wounds!
76. amasog (Posts: 129; Member since: 22 Aug 2013)
i mean,, band aid is is only good for open wounds!
78. amiroo (Posts: 269; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
Better in what??
I dont think s5 has a good chance against m8..
sami disappoint me every year with cheap design and crap plastic...
We talk about high-range device and samsung dont undrstand it..
I even prefer desire 816 every time over $5.
20. akki20892 (Posts: 3255; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
600$ is perfect price. I hope 930 will cost 600$.
22. papss (unregistered)
Agree on the black aluminum one
2. AliNSiddiqui (Posts: 356; Member since: 19 Sep 2012)
For all I care they could axe the gold version. I didn't like it anyways... Grey version looks the best
55. amats69 (Posts: 971; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
The champange gold of og htc one looks beautiful..but i still prefer the red one
10. Emmanuelz (Posts: 64; Member since: 01 Aug 2013)
What hype? People been knowing what this phone looks like. The average consumer doesnt even know this phone exist.
27. Martin_Cooper (Posts: 370; Member since: 30 Jul 2013)
Tech geeks think 90% of world population is visiting tech sites every days, reading news and rumors, commenting etc when we are a small minority..
59. Leonis (Posts: 334; Member since: 08 Jan 2014)
I agree. Most people have no idea this phone exist until it gets released on the carriers.
11. downbeat4 (Posts: 66; Member since: 03 Dec 2010)
The gun metal gray is the "ONE". I'm not completely sold on the whole Ultra Pixel thing though.
15. THETNTBOX (Posts: 4; Member since: 15 Mar 2014)
I have pre order the Samsung Galaxy S5. Galaxy s5 much better.
73. darkkjedii (Posts: 10122; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
How do you know which is better, when neither phones been released yet? You then say its "much better". Please explain to us how?
86. Taters (Posts: 2592; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
I am not him so I can't answer for him in particular but I know the S5 is better already based on a few premises.
1. HTC sucks and Samsung doesn't
2. The HTC One is much fatter, taller, and heavier and the GS5 is already too big itself so that makes the HTC One 2014 way way too big.
3. It has on screen buttons and the double tap to wake on the HTC probably isn't going to be as reliable as pressing a physical home button.
4. The power button is and on screen buttons are in really stupid places and it seems like HTC hasn't learned how to achieve proper ergonomics yet.
That is just off the top of my head. And I am sure there will be a lot more in favor of the GS5 once the reviews trickle in. Such as better battery life, better gps signal, way faster charging etc. of course you will have the usual websites saying ooh but HTC is the metal and Samsung is cheap plastic but that still doesn't change that the GS5 will most likely be the superior phone in the areas that count.
90. JMartin22 (Posts: 713; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
Taters, the Samsung device might use cheap metal, but the HTC Whatever uses cheap soda can tin lol
104. true1984 (Posts: 582; Member since: 23 May 2012)
aluminum. i'm not sure you know how the metal is made
93. mojtaba_mn (Posts: 159; Member since: 22 Feb 2013)
Really the all thing you say just is you're opinion
I think Samsung sucks and HTC rocks
I think Samsung is to ugly and HTC is so much beautiful
I think Samsung is cheap plastic and sure HTC not
I think Samsung ui is like a cartoon and sense 6 is great
I think ...................
99. Taters (Posts: 2592; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
That is fine and all but when all you can come up with against the GS5 is looks while I come up with serious ergonomics, pocket ability, and quality control issues, then you know there is something wrong here. This isn't just opinion.
Sure I might like something like this is the end better than a movie like Captain Phillips like how you like the One better than the GS5. However, technically, we all know which is the better movie regardless of my preferences.
In this case, the facts show the GS5 is the much better device. Just wait until the google play editions get release. The GS5 will soundly outperform the HTC one and you won't be able to hide behind sense >>>>touch wiz.
89. JMartin22 (Posts: 713; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
Probably because he's basing his knowledge (opinion) on that it's just HTC and historically based on all the quality control issues they've had with all their devices, the most recent HTC One device included.
91. mojtaba_mn (Posts: 159; Member since: 22 Feb 2013)
In your opinion
And I think one is much much much more better
24. papss (unregistered)
When the date hits I may jump on the black aluminum one myself. Sense looks far enough away from standard android for me to enjoy it.
26. darkkjedii (Posts: 10122; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Solid price HTC, and a gorgeous unit. Sexy big and strong, like the jedster.
64. Berzerk000 (Posts: 3881; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
The Galaxy S5 is $750 off contract for the 16 GB version, so this should give HTC some leverage. They would have an even better advantage if they lowered the carrier subsidized cost as well, but that's asking a bit too much. Can't wait for this device to come out, it's supposed to release on launch day for Verizon, which makes me happy. 3 more days!
69. darkkjedii (Posts: 10122; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
750 for 16 gigs, that's as bad as apples 16 gig. Wait a while, and it'll be on Craigslist for $450. I buy and sell so many devices there. Saves money bro. ;)
71. Berzerk000 (Posts: 3881; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
The 16 GB 5S is only $650, so Apple actually has them beat in price. That's an odd thing to say lol
28. amiaq (Posts: 378; Member since: 30 Jun 2012)
That one is SEXY!! Too bad hTc is not for me.
75. neartx (banned) (Posts: 86; Member since: 15 Mar 2014)
if use one time htc phone then you change
32. csoulr666 (Posts: 69; Member since: 04 Nov 2013)
It's a shame that it will be priced really high in countries like India, I'll settle for the M8 mini if they price it right
38. zennacko (Posts: 222; Member since: 16 Jun 2013)
Black One, 32 gigs for like, 600 bucks. After the announcement, the official one, I might be in for One (see that?) unless its battery is miserably bad.
40. 1ceTr0n (Posts: 501; Member since: 20 May 2012)
The Note 4 will spank its aluminum ass like the little biatch of a phone it is...
60. ngo2dd (Posts: 778; Member since: 08 Jul 2011)
So s phone that come out 6 month after this one will have better spec. Hold the press people, a new product will gave newer part. That is news to me.
42. datphoneguy (Posts: 136; Member since: 15 Sep 2013)
Sad to see that the gold version is a Best Buy exclusive.
Any idea about the red version though?
87. 7Superman9 (Posts: 69; Member since: 17 Sep 2013)
That's what I'm waiting on. The red is soooo Sexy!
52. cai4651 (Posts: 26; Member since: 09 Mar 2014)
Take a look at Total Hits (people who enter to view the phone specs)in GSMARENA, ....its funny...
HTC One 2014 Total hits: 444,925
S5 Total hits: 3,448,386
You really think that this is going to sell like the S5?
it's a really nice phone, but heavier and thicker without waterproof and that is all that we know until a comparison . We have to wait for camera , screen and battery life.
You talk about the S5 ugly design, i thought that making a phone thinner and lighter was a design property too...
Where HTC miss the ball is with that black bezel and on screen buttons, so that 5.2 is wasted
But sure, it's a really nice phone. For me S5 > Z2 > M8
61. ngo2dd (Posts: 778; Member since: 08 Jul 2011)
And point of is what? We all know HTC is not as popular as Samsung. BTW the S5 is water resistant not water proof there is a huge different if you font know what the IPS ranking mean then you will be in for a bad day. No other android phone still like Samsung and not other companies spend 10 billion on marketing like them either.
67. cai4651 (Posts: 26; Member since: 09 Mar 2014)
No , i am telling why i think that s5 is better than New one . it's just my opinion.
And yes, my mistake , is water resistant,
A russian guy made a review of the new Galaxy S5 , and the camera and Display looks much better than S4 .
BTW , i have an S3 but i skip the S4 cause i don't like it . So i am not a fanboy... but i think that the only thing better in the new one it's the design, but like I say before. I don[t want a phone larger, heavier and thicker only for the design if i end putting a case in it.
That's all .
62. amats69 (Posts: 971; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
You sounds like a disappointed sammy fanboy via s5...maybe s5 will sell more than this coz samsung already have solid fanbase like you..but you cannot change the fact that this phone is beautiful and s5 is ugly.just sayin
66. Taters (Posts: 2592; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
This phone is not beautiful. Maybe if it was smaller but it's a huge and heavy super brick and this phone will definitely have a lot of people returning it.
68. cai4651 (Posts: 26; Member since: 09 Mar 2014)
I'm not dissapointed. A russian guy made a review (Eldar Murtazin) about the S5 , so i talk of what i see.
So i think it's going to be hard for Htc to beat the new S5 .
You guys think that the S5 use the same display as S4, but now the AMOLED display have the same bright of LCD panels ...best of both worlds , for example. To name one upgrade...and the camera is killer
96. Mojtab (banned) (Posts: 6; Member since: 27 Feb 2014)
if HTC didn't sold like s5 means HTC new one have a better class
and I like it more every one have same phone and my phone was different
I buy HTC black new one
70. neartx (banned) (Posts: 86; Member since: 15 Mar 2014)
gray only gray one i like and buy the first day if i can
74. newbey123 (Posts: 380; Member since: 19 Mar 2012)
This beast is so sexy. Can't wait to pick up the dark grey on AT&T. Hands down best android phone of the year. Good job HTC.
77. GreekGeek (Posts: 379; Member since: 22 Mar 2014)
Soo I guess they finally ditched their 4 Mp UltraPixel tech huh? Yaaaayyyyy
82. vividthomas (Posts: 1; Member since: 22 Mar 2014)
"Which one did you get?"
- "I got the new One..."
85. vayacondios80 (Posts: 2; Member since: 10 Aug 2011)
If they don't pay ur bills don't worry wat they hav to say any os system out there all they want is our money
94. mojtaba_mn (Posts: 159; Member since: 22 Feb 2013)
Samsung cheap plastic 750$
HTC new one aluminum 600$
98. cuzed (Posts: 2; Member since: 18 Mar 2014)
this is gonna be my next phone.. :))))))) the price is very competitive.. :)