Here is the cheapest 5-inch 1080p smartphone
0. phoneArena posted on 08 Mar 2013, 06:32
There are some amazing things happening in China. It is not just that the world’s most populous country is manufacturing the most appealing gadgets in the world like the iPhone…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. darac posted on 08 Mar 2013, 06:51 5
Now that is ridiculously cheap.
Can't believe 1080p is still considered high end in the laptop realm ..
17. _Bone_ posted on 08 Mar 2013, 12:45 2
True. Now here's one for a little more ($400), but rocking a Snapdragon 600 CPU clocked at 1,9GHz and an epic 4200mAh battery.
25. rodkurt posted on 09 Mar 2013, 06:34 0
with this specs wouldn't it have beaten the s 4?
i mean a quad core at 1.9GHz?, 4200mAh bat?
4. asianface posted on 08 Mar 2013, 06:57 0
Would like to snatch one to play with :D look at the price!!
6. EXkurogane posted on 08 Mar 2013, 07:11 1
China products are synonymous with the word 'cheap' - with huge trade offs in quality. Not surprising, but pushing it to $144 is kinda extreme. It probably is only good enough for watching videos, and cant even play games properly. No matter what chipset it uses, it's not going to be a powerful one.
13. xperiaDROID (limited) 6 days ago posted on 08 Mar 2013, 09:16 4
Just because it is a China product? Come on, it is from China doesn't mean it is bad or 'cheap'!
27. OptimusOne posted on 09 Mar 2013, 08:43 0
Are you saying that HTC(I know its in Taiwan, but same general area) makes cheap products.
Huawei doesn't make cheap products anymore either
7. Nathan_ingx posted on 08 Mar 2013, 07:24 2
Um...Victor, are you sure it's a 1080p device? Cause i checked with the name and it says 5.3 inch with a resolution of 720p, using the quad-core mediatek processor MTK6589. Or is it different?
9. rgxVOiD posted on 08 Mar 2013, 08:00 2
Xperia Z sure cost 5 times more but what about HTC One? That thing unlocked cost more than Xperia Z and no one complain about that?
10. xperiaDROID (limited) 6 days ago posted on 08 Mar 2013, 08:04 1
EXTREMELY better than iPhone
15. Pedro0x posted on 08 Mar 2013, 11:35 1
How do you know that? For $144 you can´t get good internals, A screen with 1080p resolution will cost surely at least $50 so now you only have $94. At least $50 will go to internals. And they have to sell the phone with a win so I would guess that the only good thing about this phone will be the screen and Android, ofcourse :). And I would not be surprised if the is quite weak, low contrast, low brightness, not accurate colors and I think that you know that Iphone 5 has one of the best screen, very good contrast, almost perfect RGB and very high brightness. The only part where Iphone loses is the price and that it is not running android.
18. xperiaDROID (limited) 6 days ago posted on 08 Mar 2013, 12:45 0
Well at least it is more affordable than the iPhone 5, i know the specs of the iPhone 5 are better than this phone, the problem is the design has not been chang
19. xperiaDROID (limited) 6 days ago posted on 08 Mar 2013, 12:56 0
the problem is the design has not been changed, and I hate the physical home button, and the iPhone 5 ios have problems too, but that's just my opinion :)
(Sorry for the comment, i'm too late to edit the comment, Phonearena says can't edit the comment after 240 secs)
24. rusticguy posted on 08 Mar 2013, 18:51 1
Surely more affordable than the mini iphone in fiber glass :D
29. JunitoNH posted on 10 Mar 2013, 18:43 0
No just proves the S3 is easy to replicate, and cheap.
11. bragzter posted on 08 Mar 2013, 08:55 1
Almost all the expensive devices are made over there. We just pay for the name. So these are the same parts minus the branding
14. nexus_user posted on 08 Mar 2013, 10:57 0
Hope the components is not made or doesn't contain toxic materials and hope the phone can last for a year :-)
16. Pedro0x posted on 08 Mar 2013, 11:38 0
These phones are made to hold out for merely 2 months, so that you go ahead and buy a new one five times (1 year), so that makes it more expensive that HTC ONE :). For those of you that did not get this, I was being sarcastic.
20. scsa852k posted on 08 Mar 2013, 13:55 0
I'll bet my life that this piece of Chinese crap won't last a year.
23. rusticguy posted on 08 Mar 2013, 18:50 2
Well if that's so then these phones would fail in China too ... have they failed? No perhaps.
21. MC1123 posted on 08 Mar 2013, 16:11 2
this just prove that high end models that samsung and others are not worth a price! you can now buy a 1080p phone at that super low price!
android is really disposable!
22. rusticguy posted on 08 Mar 2013, 18:48 0
These phones are quickly becoming popular in India. Antutututu scores don't matter here ... all want BIG screens
28. Adithya7184 posted on 10 Mar 2013, 07:48 0
I m damn sure...micromax will ripoff this phone.....and people say micromax manufactured this....LOL...
30. RodrigoFreijanes posted on 05 Apr 2013, 19:49 0
I sold my Note 1 N7000 and got Note 10.1 N8000.
Now I just need to decide what Chinese smartphone to buy.