Here is how to free up 2.5GB of storage space on your Nokia Lumia 928
0. phoneArena 23 Jun 2013, 22:24 posted on
Depending on the version of the Nokia Lumia 928 you have, it either came with 2.5GB of maps data stored on board the phone, or it came without the maps data pre-installed.; if your model happens to be the former and you want to free up and recapture that storage, you can remove the map data which consists of information pertaining to the Cayman Islands (21.8 MB), the Bahamas (24.9 MB) and USA (about 2.5GB)...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. ihatesmartphone (unregistered)
I need that maps :)
2. shnibz (Posts: 162; Member since: 18 Sep 2011)
Sweet! Thanks for the tip PA. My wife and I both plan to get this phone in August.
5. iamfury (Posts: 60; Member since: 07 Oct 2012)
they wouldnt care any less, they hate WP already.
Best of luck for the phone though :)
4. DibelDibil (Posts: 27; Member since: 19 Jun 2013)
Always check what countries you have listed under downloaded maps, because sometimes the program gets confused and downloads stuff you don't need. For example I had maps of Albania on my phone..
6. Muzhhur (Posts: 249; Member since: 14 Sep 2012)
in the lumia 920, theres a bug that you cannot remove 1.5 g and I do not konw what is the app that have lots of phantom data