Here is how Apple, Google and RIM see you (hint: RIM loves you the most!)
0. phoneArena 19 Oct 2012, 03:05 posted on
Here is a question of you to think about - how do tech companies actually see you, the user? Think about it. If you imagine yourself on the other side of the fence…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. tiara6918 (Posts: 1910; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
Apple only thinks of money from their customers, nothing else.
7. MeoCao (unregistered)
There's no such thing as a free lunch so we have to give something for getting things that we want. From that point of view I think Google gives us the best deal, and the order is imho:
1. Google - you have to give some info about yourself which is no harm at all.
2-3. Facebook and Twitter: A little annoying distraction from the unwanted ads.
4-5. RIM and MS: We have to pay for much delayed products.
6. Apple is the worst: Is any explanation necessary?
41. Nadr1212 (Posts: 741; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
WHAT THE HELL DOES GOOGLE C US AS???!!!???!!!
16. TheDarkKnight (banned) (Posts: 88; Member since: 12 Oct 2012)
That's not true. Their free training and Genius Bar services make them very very consumer friendly lets accept it- no company offers these services. It's only the extra money they take for the lightning adapter that is annoying.
17. Peter27 (Posts: 233; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
because no other customers of other companies needs any genius training because they are not stupid.
21. JeffdaBeat (unregistered)
Genius Bar fixes things. Creatives and Family Room Specialists teach people how to use their products...
18. MeoCao (unregistered)
Genius bar and Reality Distortion Field? No thanks.
26. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Why would you need a Genius bar for a simple OS and a Simple phone, even kids and OAP illiterate people no how to function and use the iPhone! Its not a Android phone. Wow talk about how you cover and backup Apples back, knowing its a greedy selfish, a bad sign to be called or know as a fruit.
32. mahony (Posts: 15; Member since: 04 Apr 2012)
Sprint stores offer these services on every device.
36. dmckay12 (Posts: 243; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
The "Genius Bar" is an excellent example of an oxymoron.
20. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Actually, they ALL (even RIM) see the consumer as a pile of cash. Think RIM would give you a free phone?
37. SonyXperiaNexus (Posts: 374; Member since: 01 Oct 2012)
I believe RIM is like a damsel in distress and is hoping for the knight to save her(using cash).lol
38. TheDarkKnight (banned) (Posts: 88; Member since: 12 Oct 2012)
Can anyone explain the google part? Why are there bodies in containers? And why does Facebook think we are on sale?
2. eisenbricher (Posts: 972; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
I already knew the money bags are meant for Apple, before even opening news!
And lol! Love RIM.. . I think same should go for Nokia.
5. Savage (unregistered)
Someone please explain Google's panel.
11. Chuck.Norris (unregistered)
it's like Google = Matrix
Edit, sorry I did not see the reply above when I typed mine.
6. abdullah.spy (Posts: 3; Member since: 03 Oct 2012)
tell me one thing how much money did you get by rim for posting this on your website??
9. Seymur (unregistered)
12. JunkCreek (Posts: 406; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
Google seems like "The Island" movie. Clone a customer for replacing his/her body "part" or even "back to life" after his/her death with whole new body and spirit ("soul").
Can't say agree or not, it is depend on how and who we are.
13. shreyas.s666 (Posts: 80; Member since: 24 Aug 2012)
No doubt why they are in favour of black berry,because t joy of tech team are from canada .
15. MeoCao (unregistered)
"in favour of black berry"?
They are mocking RIM's near death condition when every customer is a savior. I think this can be applied to Nokia as well LOL
22. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
lol... they always bash RIM!
and yes... Berry fans are warrior thats why RIM thinks of us like that!
25. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
NicolasOliver should be commenting soon, pikapowerize... .
14. cso26 (Posts: 10; Member since: 01 Aug 2012)
Simply ,most of us love Google more than anyone else.
19. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
RIM thinks im a warrior!!! love it!! while google...EVIL!! apple...CORRUPT!
27. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
What a joke.... More like going back into Microsofts history they are no better than Apple.
33. shuaibhere (Posts: 1915; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Well said....micro soft is no better than apple....difference is apple goes publicly while microsoft hides behind the mask......
Pikapowerize: how is google evil???? will you give me a single explanation.....
28. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
It is the best, know to give freely...
24. BadAssAbe (Posts: 434; Member since: 22 Apr 2011)
I may not have much to offer but i can offer you my love - RIM
34. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7013; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
I mostly like the GOOGLE/RIM PIC only and of course DOLLAR $$ APPLE ONLY CARES BOUT Money
35. downphoenix (Posts: 2694; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
Not sure what to make of the Twitter one, but the rest I like.
Twitter, unlike Facebook, seems to be okay with not sharing your info to the government and corporations, the ads on there aren't "targetted" like they are on Facebook.
and yea, RIM one is mighty accurate, they LOVE new customers because these days they seem far and few between.
39. yajia1 (Posts: 119; Member since: 22 Aug 2012)
You do realize that Twitter has blocked people from Germany from seing a tweet from a user through orders from Germany's gverment?
42. jack1059 (Posts: 72; Member since: 31 Mar 2012)
Looks about right. Though I would put the cash with all of them. Being a blinded fan boy for a company that just wants to profit by you is crazy in my opinion.