Here is how Android's green robot logo came to be: inspiration from surprising places
0. phoneArena 14 Oct 2013, 04:47 posted on
Irina Blok is a designer that created one of the world’s most popular logos, but ask around and you’d find very little people who know that she is the person that actually drew…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Android is a cute little smart fella. ;)
And Apple is just a fruit, a FRUIT.
I love Android.
3. DefinitiveKid (Posts: 215; Member since: 15 May 2013)
Damn, always going back to that stupid Apple/Android war...
5. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
So, Apple is not a fruit? Smh. -__-
8. alterecho (Posts: 1098; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
6. MobileKicker (Posts: 212; Member since: 19 Sep 2013)
I dont care about who created the logo
But the thing is it is not as stylish as the logos of apple & blackberry
9. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
"But the thing is it is not as stylish as the logos of apple & blackberry"
Sounds like a trend victim.
15. skyline88 (Posts: 448; Member since: 15 Jul 2013)
another butthurt apple fanboy lost in the middle of nowhere
10. MobileKicker (Posts: 212; Member since: 19 Sep 2013)
lol it would would be great
Androids logo was a restrooms logo
I could get a chance to make more fun of it
A happy apple and bb user
19. akki20892 (Posts: 3900; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
but don't forget that apple gives you vitamins for our body.
2. mr.techdude (Posts: 569; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
Android can be all sorts of things but apple ummmmmmm just waiting to be eaten.
4. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
I once had an Apple, then I ate it.
7. MobileKicker (Posts: 212; Member since: 19 Sep 2013)
The joke is lame
U ate an apple not an iPhone
17. saffant (Posts: 271; Member since: 04 Jul 2011)
Well so is yours when you say that Android's logo was a restroom logo.
Apple's bitten apple logo inspiration could've come from gee iunno perhaps even Snowwhite and that "rotten apple".
12. DefinitiveKid (Posts: 215; Member since: 15 May 2013)
I thought it was based on some robot character from an old videogame...
16. Ibraheem277 (Posts: 3; Member since: 14 Oct 2013)
that's not true watch this video from MKBHD w ww.youtube.com/watch?v=1gUQhN5joSQ
18. Evilsj (Posts: 10; Member since: 03 Dec 2012)
Still not convinced that they're not just big fans of Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw's Zero Punctuation. Seriously, his Imps look exactly like the Android, but he's been around longer than this little guy. Do love the Android though, I have a figurine of him sitting on my desk. :D
21. 777light777 (Posts: 63; Member since: 14 Aug 2013)
Surprised no one thought of the @pple logo as the apple Adam and Eve ate.
Bite into it and your fked.
Apple=sin. (and the root of all evil) Truth.
22. ZeroCide (Posts: 768; Member since: 09 Jan 2013)
For some reason ththought the logo was canadian in origin?
24. Penywyz (banned) (Posts: 255; Member since: 13 Aug 2013)
I love Andy. I have several of the Andru the Android Chargers from Power by Gen, and a vinyl sticker on my rear window of my car. Props to this lady!