Here are the first ads for the Samsung Galaxy S4
0. phoneArena 10 Apr 2013, 09:02 posted on
The Galaxy S4 continues surprising us as even after we got our review unit based on the Snapdragon 600 chip, Samsung outdoes itself in the Exynos 5 Octa version of the handset delivering even better results...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. tiara6918 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
This is why Samsung sells a lot of phones,it's because they are great with advertising and marketing. Last year, they invested more money on advertising than r&d
20. jsdechavez (Posts: 718; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
Marketing brings in the market share.
Research & Development (that's R&D for noobs) brings in the innovation.
Now, I know why all the bloatware. lol
36. htc_prep (Posts: 303; Member since: 09 Oct 2009)
Very true!!! And I agree til it comes to the gimmicks. Even though the only feature I'm looking forward to is the group play. Every other option is bloat/ gimmick like you said. but the gimmicks and shiny stuff are what attracts the general consumer.
This is much more effective then what HTC is doing.
55. chocolaking (Posts: 494; Member since: 22 May 2012)
Your money goes to samsunng making more advertisement.
Honestly the S4 is not impressive at all. I see zero reserach nor development .
59. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Idiot, you do know that Samsung spends the most on R&D besides Nokia right? Go do some research before you say anything more retarded.
67. HDShatter (Posts: 1021; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
Yup the first phone to use ddr3 and a big.little chip is not impressive at all. HTC fanboys need to just leave, they can come back after they realize how bad the One is. This is going to be your #1 problem with your soon to be hated One, the battery is TERRIBLE!
81. phonewarz (Posts: 9; Member since: 03 Apr 2013)
It's a new way to sell extra phones. Design extra features that you can only use with people that have the exact same phone (or brand). Apple does it with facetime and Samsung does it with these kind of things.
92. htc_prep (Posts: 303; Member since: 09 Oct 2009)
@ taters dude your rude as hell. theres no need to call anyone an Idiot nor retarded...
109. chocolaking (Posts: 494; Member since: 22 May 2012)
You can call me whatever you want. If that makes you happy, then I don't mind.
You do know that they don't spend money on R&D, But, they steal other company's technology is fact right?
Can you please just do some google? al the informations are out there.
110. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
lol A quick Google search shows you that they spend more money on R&D in one year than HTC does in multiple years. How clueless can you be?haha
111. iushnt (Posts: 1460; Member since: 06 Feb 2013)
If you search anything in Google then you get something.. I know they have one of biggest R&D..
74. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Still better than the One you praise.. =]
26. doubler86 (Posts: 320; Member since: 26 Jan 2011)
Actually they also spent more on R&D than any other mobile company as well. Samsung just spends more to sell more period.
33. ReaperChief (Posts: 31; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
It's just the normal way of doing business in a capitalist system.. Lots of money in R&D and Marketing results in lots of money from profits..
57. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Or they could be selling a lot of phones because they have been around forever and their products are, GASP, great!
I still haven't heard a sembelance of decent proof that supports that marketing is the driving force of Samsung's success yet. All I see is non Samsung fans rationalizing a reason why Samsung phones constantly beat the pants off of their crappy choices in sales.
69. HDShatter (Posts: 1021; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
Are you guys forgetting that Samsung doesn't only make phones? They make virtually everything thats tech based you can think of like Tvs, Fridges, Washers, Speakers, camera laptops etc.
76. chocolaking (Posts: 494; Member since: 22 May 2012)
And all their product really suck is the true fact. because they never make anything from scratch. all they do is copy other company's technology.
steal the concept iphone from apple.
OLED technology from LG and much more..
94. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
haha Yeah okay there.... Where does all that R&D money go then? They cook the accounting books so they can pay more taxes to the government? LOL
19. jsdechavez (Posts: 718; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
More bloatware many S4 users won't even use or be aware of.
48. RapidCat (Posts: 351; Member since: 12 Jun 2012)
the only bloatware i never use in my SGS3 is All Share, because i don't have samsung tv and the pc version is no good
for Nikolas, i know its gimmicky, but can you have all the gimmick in one phone?
3. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Here we go again.......
Samsung Galaxy S3 - Designed for Humans
Samsung Galaxy S4 - Life Companion
Samsung Galaxy S5 - Uhhhh????
4. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
hey do you own xperia z ? wanna ask a question, how does the speaker on the z work? since it is a waterproof device, the speaker gives the water some space to get into the device, it is impossible to cover a speaker with some sort of flap coz it will make the speaker useless
just wondering :) never got my hands on the z yet
9. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
The speaker is not bad at all, it produces loud and clear sound (in my opinion).
And I didn't put my Xperia Z into the water yet, cuz I'm scared! lol
But since it is a water-resistant device, I think the phone will be ok when you put into the water. When you take it out from the water, just let it dry and the speaker is ready to go! :)
10. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
haha just curious how did sony manage to keep the water from getting into the device when it has a speaker and microphone hole which can make the water getting in
why don't you try it ? it is designed to be waterproof so no worries here
13. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Hahaha.......now you're making me want to put the Xperia Z into the water.
I will try that later. I hope it still works afterwards since it is a waterproof device! xD
14. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
it certainly will, have you seen the video on youtube where a person wash his z as if it were a plate ?
16. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
You mean the guy eating baked beans and licking the Xperia Z?
21. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
yeah that's exactly what im talking about
do you know adrian isen that crazy swedish guy? he pissed on the z
23. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Urghhh.......don't talk about adrian isen, he's crazy!
Most of the videos he uploaded is super negative, including the Xperia Z piss test. O_o
100. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
He gets money from those videos, he is a YouTube partner
17. TechBizJP08 (Posts: 495; Member since: 25 Mar 2013)
man its funny xperiaDROID,
Im also wondering. Lets ask sony how they do that. It will be the next fad. First sony was the one that makes the camera 12MP on their flagship,now 13MP, then othes follow. May, just maybe they will want to make an IP57 flagship.. LOL
24. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Next, others will follow the glass back, like on the Xperia Z.
30. feres13 (Posts: 306; Member since: 23 Dec 2011)
12MP cameras have been there for a while, like in the Nokia N8, and the Xperia S or T didn't have the image quality you vould get from a Galaxy S3/Note II or iPhone 4S/5 despite having more megapixels, as for the glass back it's been there for a while with the iPhone 4 back in 2010. IP57 certification is nothing new but it's nice to see on a flagship.
34. shamrock (Posts: 71; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
12mp camera was first introduced in sony ericsson satio and not in nokia n8. Sony does innovate , others just better it and that leaves sony behind....always been a sony fan...
58. feres13 (Posts: 306; Member since: 23 Dec 2011)
Sorry to dissapoint you but the first phone with a 12MP camera was made by samsung, here's proof :
25. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Speakers squeek for few hours till water dries out.
5. Diego! (Posts: 547; Member since: 15 Jun 2009)
Samsung Galaxy S 5 - Your best buddy / The Shoulder you can rest on / A walk into the future and so on and on... :P
I'm getting S4 as soon as it gets released in my country ^^
15. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Well, good luck with that! :)
53. Diego! (Posts: 547; Member since: 15 Jun 2009)
Designed for Humans with large... hands! :P
61. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Smaller overall volume than your Lumia 920. Lol
So what would the Lumia 920 slogan be? Too big for giants?
32. Abbath (Posts: 99; Member since: 16 Sep 2012)
the ads really tied in well with their new slogan - "Life Companion"
60. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
I personally think their next slogan should be:
Better than everything and no it is not because of marketing.
64. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
maybe it should be
'' we have loads of fanboys who blindly love us like taters''
good slogan right, and marketing is there key to success without it they would be nothing. apple proved marketing works and samsung used it too there level
101. SleepingOz (unregistered)
He's just a butthurt Nokia hater.
6. twens (Posts: 949; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
The most versatile fon in the whole world....think of anything mobile wise,and this fon does it. It even has more features than my windows PC.lol
12. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
anything mobile wise and it does it...ok lets think
fm radio? dunno if it has this or been left out
see its mainly in the camera department but every new flagship does what you need mobile wise so its a given nowadays. and it doesnt have more features then a pc............please thats just stupid to say
18. TechBizJP08 (Posts: 495; Member since: 25 Mar 2013)
oh man, you cannot compare windows pc with smartphones. still not there yet..
40. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Yes, you can't.
In terms of features, A PC IS AN EMPTY CAN, compared to smartphone!
It has no camera, no thermometer, barometer, gyroscope, accelerometer, proximity sensor, humidity sensor, compass, gesture sensor, magnetometer.. no GPS module, no fm radio, no 3G/4G wireless connection..it even got Bluetooth just relatively recently.
But wait for it.. tell me which are the core features that PC has, over the smartphone??
46. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
a pc runs programs like cinema 4d ,full photoshop, much more accurate drawing with adobe software and a tablet attached then the note 2 could dream of
games-well speaks for itself no phone can come close to the gaming experience of a pc, even consoles are beaten in this area.
its much easier to type on a laptop, the big screen is easier to use and just a more relaxed and comfortable experience then a mobile device
as for what you listed talk about grasping at straws kid, just accept a pc is more powerful then your mobile, whys it so hard for you to do....
its like saying my push bike is more powerful then a car.....just sad now. and before you go into defensive fanboy mode i havent said a smartphone is useless but when compared to a pc you cant ignore the difference
ohh and pc's do have cameras bulit in webcams and you can buy alot of different accesories to enhance it
50. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
And there you go, demonstrating again your inability to understand the very base of the argument.
Do I really need to start explaining the difference between FEATURES and PROCESSING POWER to you?
Oh and they have chat cameras.
Even you should know that wasn't what I was talking about
62. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Chaotic razor is just plain clueless. I am not sure why we bother.
63. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
lmao you act like you have knowledge yet you prove time and time again your nothing more then a fanboy trying his hardest to big up android
ive given reasons why pc's will and are ahead of mobile devices so come back with a counter comment or go away kid
come on explain, im calling you on it so time to comment properly
65. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
I've realized this long ago.. but you really are a freaking lunatic.
It's either that, or I am dealing with the biggest troll on internet.
Such a sad waste of time.
Seriously - GO GET SOME HELP