Here are more leaked pictures of the BlackBerry Z10 in white
0. phoneArena 28 Jan 2013, 10:03 posted on
The BlackBerry Z10 has become a regular guest in our news section lately, and January 28th will not pass without a new set of leaked images. This time, the handset has decided to appear in front of the cameras in a stylish white outfit...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. No_Nonsense (Posts: 826; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
This thing looks better than other black version. Although, if I wanted BB10, I'd opt for one of their tablets than phones.
31. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Color is a matter of personal preference. I would pick the black version, but that is just me.
What concerns me more is the rumored spec sheet for the phones. Everything about it is basically last year's specs. Of course, that is normal for RIM, but things have changed. MS is hard at work on upgrading WP to accommodate higher resolution screens, quad-core CPUs and what-not. Even Apple is acknowledging reality and is working on a 4.8 inch screen size iPhone (Math). Flagship phones in 2013 will need to offer upgraded camera features beyond 8 Mp. And, and, and.
It is as if RIM took a timeout, regrouped and came back expecting to have to play at the level that was necessary for the market in 2012. Except that it is now the market of 2013.
32. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4174; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
I understand how the specs sheet might concern you, but take into consideration that BB10 might be a very low resource OS that manages the power its given very well. Just like WP7, those devices ran pretty much flawless with only single core processors and sub-1 GB RAM; I had one, and even though I didn't enjoy the OS very much, all the operations were smooth and instant.
40. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
OS burden is only part of the picture. Camera functionality is completely separate from the number of CPU cores. 2013 flagship phones seem to be equipped with 13 Mp sensors. In addition, expect to see more post-processing supported by the default camera app. Sony is setting expectations for HDR video. HDR video will require robust CPU, RAM and GPU that is way beyond the spec sheet of any BB10 phone I have read about.
I hope RIM is able to connect the dots.... Only thing is that the bar is pretty high.
41. cheetah2k (Posts: 1127; Member since: 16 Jan 2011)
This is why I will never buy a Nokia.
Elop is a waste of time and lies to your face then goes behind your back...
44. chezy (Posts: 20; Member since: 29 Dec 2012)
but this is a mid range phone. mid range phones don't have lg optimus g specs now do they?
2. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
Looks ugly and boring, iphone 5, nexus 4 and lumia 920 are way better
7. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
you always have to hate
looks pretty good to me, hope 2013 is a good year for BB. more choice for the customers
so sad you hate so much
12. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
thats not true is it, why hate ?
seen your posts and your a raging android lover but seriously stop been one sided
920 looks pretty good. and this z10 looks quality too bb are bringing everything they can to be successful
28. umadd (banned) (Posts: 40; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
Have you actually seen a 920 in person ? It's an oversized n9. Do you think the iphone5 would look good if it was upscaled to 5 inches? Likely not but it looks fine the size it is at right now. Same goes for n9. Stop getting butthurt just because that's how I think. Not everyone has the same opinion as you
13. BB10.the.looooosserr (Posts: 3; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
I agree that BB10 will be dead.
But Lumia 920 is NOT BETTER
Lumia 920 is the shame of Nokia.
It has advertising money 5x more than nokia ever use, but the sales number is so small....
Shame on Nokia for not using Android
15. freebee269 (Posts: 531; Member since: 10 Aug 2012)
shame on you for being butthurt that nokia isnt using android.
20. donfem (Posts: 574; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
In your opinion. Besides, no one asked for it.
3. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
LOOKS GREAT!..... and if the guy above ^ is mad about simple pictures then i feel sorry for him when the sales stats start to roll in favor of rim! lol
21. donfem (Posts: 574; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
Isn't is sad that some fools on these boards would thumb down anything just for the sake of it?
23. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
its obvious who are the ones doing it
shows how tragic people get on here about tech
26. No_Nonsense (Posts: 826; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
I gladly take this opportunity to welcome you the the PA comments section. Hopefully you'll have a tough time trying to put your opinions across as is the standard procedure with the lesser mortals (read: those who aren't fanboys of a particular ecosystem).
5. Whateverman (Posts: 3236; Member since: 17 May 2009)
Okay, I hope to avoid starting a flame war here, but does anyone else think those rounded corners are going to mean more lawsuits?
Looks really good to me though!
6. REYNER (Posts: 187; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
texture back cover is cool i hope it somewhat rubber-ish and side and buttons are made of metal frame im looking forward to finally this device its innovative features and software tricks! :)
8. Bernoulli (Posts: 2373; Member since: 01 Sep 2012)
Can't wait for this baby to be released, unlimited nationwide 4G for only 20 $ a month with this I could use this for my business big time!
18. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
what carrier are you gonna be on with those prices!? lol sounds great! :)
29. andylancheros1 (Posts: 11; Member since: 24 Dec 2012)
LMFAO! haha I wanna be in that carrier!
50. Bernoulli (Posts: 2373; Member since: 01 Sep 2012)
T-mobile of course! On a value plan lol :)
10. jonartpop (Posts: 167; Member since: 25 Oct 2012)
I'm more excited about BB10 launch than the iPhone 5 tbh.
35. pixel8or (Posts: 48; Member since: 10 Jun 2010)
Strangely enough, I agree with you. Although I don't know why. I do like the look of this phone though...
11. BB10.the.looooosserr (Posts: 3; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Black, White, Red, Green, Blue, etc...
As long as it's BB10, it will be DOA.
Palm WebOS, the OS that were praised as iphone killer.... Where is it now?
WP8, with advertising money from microsoft that were 4x more than competing OS.... FAILED!!!
Apple iOS... starting to see the dead door, and making apple share price down down down...
Android is TOO powerfull
BB10 will be DOA
RIM making the biggest mistake by not using Android!!!
RIM will be RIP very soon
16. freebee269 (Posts: 531; Member since: 10 Aug 2012)
just wondering here, do you have anything close to facts to back up your bunch of opinions? of thats right, bb10 hasnt went on sale yet so you have no base. funny how that works huh?
24. donfem (Posts: 574; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
You shouldn't be surprised that you have morons here who would state anything as a fact when it is actually opinion.
22. donfem (Posts: 574; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
Exactly as your name states.. You are truly a LOSER
30. andylancheros1 (Posts: 11; Member since: 24 Dec 2012)
Bro, if every brand is an Android brand this smartphone world would be totally boring, so lets hope for BB1O to bring great things to the market as well as microsoft which has been always a killer company! DOA? I dont think so my fried friend!
It looks good in my humble opinion!
14. Marcus_h (Posts: 44; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
The back looks pretty classy. This could be a real winner
17. _Bone_ (Posts: 2148; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Kinda like an iPhone 5 / Sony S combo. I like the looks of it.
19. GALAXY-STORM (Posts: 328; Member since: 13 Oct 2012)
The edges make it look like the iphone 5. Good
27. rsiders (Posts: 479; Member since: 17 Nov 2011)
I'm a Windows Phone enthusiast but I'm happy to see Blackberry making a comeback. I know how hard I cheer for our success. Blackberry users are doing the same. Sexy phone too.
33. snowgator (Posts: 3356; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
Totally agree. I still think there is room for BB, WP, Android and Apple, but it is up to RIM and Microsoft to give users a reason to choose their OS over the established ones. I want all four around. Cheering hard for a long term BB10 success.
37. Penny (Posts: 1399; Member since: 04 Feb 2011)
@rsiders & @snowgator,
I agree with both of you. I'm a WP fan, but truly on the fence about whether I should use my next upgrade for an amazing Lumia or what looks to be a very exciting BB10 device. Ah, choices, choices!
34. flipjzn (Posts: 200; Member since: 22 Jun 2012)
So much space wasted! Yuck!
And I love Blackberry, I still have my Torch (together with my S3 and ip5; I own a cellphone shop thats why. So I dont care about OS's. for me there is so many phones coming out every month or every other month so what the heck!)
I've anticipated and have expected so much from Blackberry. I'm disappointed!
46. chezy (Posts: 20; Member since: 29 Dec 2012)
if you are referring to the bezel size its big Cuz the phone uses gestures..
36. lyndon420 (Posts: 2891; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
Lots of luck RIM. May you become the 3rd real player in the market.
38. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
android, iOS, wp8 and bb10 giving the customer choice.
who knows what will be number 1 etc but aslong as they stick around who cares
42. cripton805 (Posts: 1161; Member since: 18 Mar 2012)
This phone looks nice...
43. MC1123 (Posts: 1254; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
RIM hold a sure winner OS but RIM needs to price these devices right!
im a huge BB fan and i'll buy this whatever the price but they should price it right! since morons here keep on saying that the spec is not worthy for the price of (leak) 480 british pounds so around $600 right? so RIM needs a good marketing strategy!
45. jedpatrickdatu (Posts: 162; Member since: 24 Jan 2013)
It reminds me of the Nokia Asha 305.
48. cripton805 (Posts: 1161; Member since: 18 Mar 2012)
I would just like to emphasize on the removable battery some more. Typically business users are HEAVY users. Being able to swap out the battery is a huge plus a long with the ability to swap SD cards. I work with files large enough to fill up anything available on the market, so being able to hold these PDF files can be very important to some people.
49. Levon (Posts: 33; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
dudes, obviously they missed train. they need new business model, fresher design and better OS experience (BB10 maybe differs from others but it's 3 years old)