Here are 5 devices that you might want to buy right now, but shouldn't
0. phoneArena 21 Aug 2012, 08:06 posted on
So, you’ve decided that you’ve had enough of your phone - you want a new one and you want it now. You hear everyone speaking about how awesome the…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
39. POLICE (banned) (Posts: 61; Member since: 21 Aug 2012)
Victor.H what phone do you have?
And how many?
30. Bluesky02 (Posts: 1439; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
Why victor didn't mention Windows 8 Tablet?
37. POLICE (banned) (Posts: 61; Member since: 21 Aug 2012)
No ones interested. And it's restricted.
40. -box- (Posts: 3749; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Plenty are interested. And Windows 8 Pro is full Windows, Windows RT it the watered-down version for mobile and lower pricing, but is still more capable than an ipad or android tablet, from what's been posted online about it
50. POLICE (banned) (Posts: 61; Member since: 21 Aug 2012)
What use will it be, if it will come with 1GB Ram and you may-be can't multitask heavily?
54. -box- (Posts: 3749; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Optimiziation doesn't require oodles and gobs of RAM. There's bound to be a wide variety of devices from various manufacturers which will fill whatever niche one wants, including a multitasking powerhouse, for the right money. And, as I said, RT (which is what I'm guessing you're referring to) is still more capable than current mobile tablet OSes
55. shadowcell (Posts: 300; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)
At first I was going to rant out against your choice against the Nexus 7 for an "iPad Mini" but then I realized how ridiculous it would sound arguing against myself.
Deep down I know the iPad is a much better tablet of choice for any other device on the market right now and if i could get that very same appeal but in a smaller scaled device then Apple has my vote of confidence and a pre-order purchase.
60. ez31k (Posts: 41; Member since: 10 Jan 2012)
I am.... So surprised this article did not suggest all android owners burn their devices and offer their first borns to apple.. How can one suggest a device that is not even out yet to the masses, when that might not be what consumers are looking for??? Or even what may not be the right device for their needs??? Iphonearena.com should be appropriate name for this site... Biased and blatantly ignorant...
65. POLICE (banned) (Posts: 61; Member since: 21 Aug 2012)
What about, or what do you think about GSMARENA....?
Engadget is full of Apple users, and they are all middle ages, when they comment, non of them have any knowledge like how PHONEARENA users have, they also don't joke or make any funny comments like phonearena users do.....! Its true I've read so many posts there.
69. ez31k (Posts: 41; Member since: 10 Jan 2012)
I frequent engadget, phonescoop, phonearena and xda...
I will admit that theire are some pretty funny comments posted. :)
77. -box- (Posts: 3749; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
I like GSM Arena's content and users, but its layout leaves much to be desired. PA has an excellent layout as one can see most recent stuff without loading, unlike Giz or Engadget or Slashgear or PhoneScoop
81. POLICE (banned) (Posts: 61; Member since: 21 Aug 2012)
True.... out of all websites I just love the way Phonearena's layout to. Everything is s clear.
63. mas11 (Posts: 1028; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
But the iPad mini will likely be more expensive and slower.
67. POLICE (banned) (Posts: 61; Member since: 21 Aug 2012)
True. Indifference will be by $100.
72. babyboy14622 (Posts: 28; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
Razr Maxx has the best battery life of any phone i had. Im pleased with that.
73. moofoodooloo (Posts: 137; Member since: 04 Jan 2011)
Yawn.. Typical phonearena thread, always iPhone vs. android. It gets so OLD!
Being in the business, I get the privledge of using and owning all sorts of different devices. Are there things that one platform gets right that the other doesn't? Undeniably. But to call out iOS and Apple as insuperior is downright ignorant, as I would guess the majority of you have owned one platform and not the other. (bring on your replies about how you were an apple user and now own android and how your life is so much better because of it, or vice versa. Again, yawn.)
Get over yourselves and your egos, and especially the mindset that you know what is best for everyone and anyone else who thinks different must be stupid. Let's all take a break, detach our faces from our screens and go outside and get a breath of fresh air. Let's be reminded of the things that are truly important in life, aside from Apple vs. Android.
78. -box- (Posts: 3749; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
The Windows Phone and Symbian people here (myself included) are mostly harmless. We keep to ourselves, more or less, but get thumbed down for it by fanbois
74. Fuego84 (Posts: 264; Member since: 13 May 2012)
Get real, someone thinking of buying a galaxy nexus 7 will not turn around and buy a more expensive but inferior product (iPad mini).
79. gallitolimitededition (banned) (Posts: 18; Member since: 16 Aug 2012)
the ipad mini will change the game as the kindle Fire has been the only tablet that has come close to challenging the ipad in sales, The ipad mini will take care of that
82. -box- (Posts: 3749; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Does anyone else think that ipad mini sounds like a feminine hygiene product even moreso than ipad? Next they'll have the ipad sport, and ipad super-absorbent or something...
89. POLICE (banned) (Posts: 61; Member since: 21 Aug 2012)
Stop Trolling, or ule get banned again!
84. Jphones (Posts: 233; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
Please tell me I'm not the only one that doesn'y give a rotten apple about the ipad mini and iphone 5. I mean come on phone arena all these supposed new articles "is this the alleged inner motherboard of the iphone 5" "is this the dock connector for the iphone 5" ARE YOU SERIOUS? Most of us on here are pretty tech savvy aka nerdy and we could care less what the inside looks like or what kind of charging cable it has. Just stop with the iphone post when it comes out it will most likely look exactly the same not revolutionary so just calm down. get off apples cores
100. moofoodooloo (Posts: 137; Member since: 04 Jan 2011)
You're not the only one, no. But the number of people that do give a "rotten apple core" outnumber you, and Phonearena would be going a disservice if it didn't report Apple news on the basis that it is Apple news. Learn to live with it because it's not going away.
87. korean411 (Posts: 40; Member since: 04 May 2009)
iphone 4s agree on. regardless what apple does with the iphone 5 it is safe to say it is going to get a good amount of makeover for this devices. next is the ipad mini. in order for ipad mini to change the game it basically needs the same amount of hardware as the ipad 3 if not better plus it needs to be 250 dollars. the hardware some stuff might be there like lte and cpu and gpu but display will be way lower than ipad3 and the price well lets say it has a great chance at being a 250 dollar price as me winning the lottery and getting struck by lightning.
1. galaxy note agree. wait to see what happens at the unpack event and then decide.
2. well nokia no. strictly because it is not coming with windows 8 so why bother.
3. motorola droid razr- my opinion wait for announcement
90. Darkerm (Posts: 120; Member since: 31 Jan 2012)
do you have anything against Android?
I feel like you are adverting for Apple product and telling people not to buy Android device >:(
96. RomeoJDR (Posts: 237; Member since: 09 Dec 2011)
The display on the Razr Maxx will still have the biggest battery along with the less energy draining display that still keeps a remarkably rich, although not outstanding, display. The latest of the crop; such as the One X, SIII, and soon to be Droid HD all have benchmarks that put the initial Droid Razr's to shame, but it will still smoothly handle anything you might throw at it. Long story short, I agree with holding out of purchasing the Maxx, but only in hopes of the release of the HD causing will lead to a further fall in the price of the Maxx. If you place high value toward not having to worry about being without a phone for the day because of forgetting to plug in in at night, the the Maxx will likely remain your best choice and save you quite a bit of money. The HD's battery specs are good, but after experiencing the convenience of the Maxx's battery it is nearly impossible to settle for anything less.
102. scnix (Posts: 41; Member since: 01 Jul 2010)
Odd. Why should I consider the 7" iPad before purchasing the Nexus 7?
I want the Nexus 7 because it's the latest 7" Android tablet. Clearly iOS isn't Android. Apple can release their 7" iPad whenever they want and it wont make a difference.
103. xtremesv (Posts: 193; Member since: 21 Oct 2011)
And those two improvements have been in competition's products for several months now. But of course Apple will make you believe they are the next big thing since sliced bread add always. The only good characteristic I'm expecting from the bitten fruit is an attractive redesign.
104. Obdabeast (Posts: 41; Member since: 01 Jan 2012)
I think Samsung should se apple if they make a 7 inch tablet lmao!! that would be great..
105. ibap (Posts: 692; Member since: 09 Sep 2009)
I haven't read all the comments (104 as of right now), but did you mention that if you wait for the new ones to come out, the prior gen will be a whole lot cheaper?
106. Backwood93 (Posts: 1; Member since: 29 Aug 2012)
Damn we arguing over devices now.. Dosent matter the opinion of which company will do what over who, Apple is going to continue getting there money at the end of the day.. Thats says alot to me.
107. yajia1 (Posts: 107; Member since: 22 Aug 2012)
At $200, you would stop people buying Nexus 7? It's like a giveaway dude! At least for its specs! And coming from Apple-no expandable storage and battery like the Nexus. So no loss whatsoever.
109. SemperFiV12 (Posts: 715; Member since: 09 Nov 2010)
"cute live tiles" ... you are pathetic