Here are 20 facts you did not know about Samsung
0. phoneArena 21 May 2013, 09:31 posted on
Samsung has grown tremendously over the past couple of years becoming the world’s largest phone manufacturer and it is likely to soon start getting more profits than even Apple…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Omar-BHR95 (Posts: 184; Member since: 23 Dec 2012)
i think other companies have better things in their history of making good products
3. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1618; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
Hmmm probably but samsung is the biggest so its logical to start of with them...
71. CellularNinja (Posts: 264; Member since: 27 Sep 2011)
Agreed. But the thing says Samsung spends some of the most in Research & Design (R&D), it's research & development not research and design. Odd mistake. Not a big deal, just interesting.
77. HDShatter (Posts: 1014; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
They have enough money they could spend billions in both.
6. Whateverman (Posts: 3158; Member since: 17 May 2009)
I'm sorry, I just have to ask...What is the point of your comment?
10. Mxyzptlk (limited) (Posts: 2846; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
I agree. Too many people are having GSIV issues for this to be absolute.
14. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1618; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
haha one phone has a couple of faults and suddenly all the haters say the whole company makes rubbish devices...
16. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 4596; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Still it is less problems than with iPhone 5.
17. TheRetroReplay (Posts: 239; Member since: 20 Mar 2012)
I have to agree, I had an GS3 for two weeks and the phone could not maintain a signal at all especially when compared to my GNex. It feels that lately Samsung has put more money in marketing than quality assurance.
32. xperiaDROID (Posts: 4812; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
I have to disagree, my cousin is using a GS3 for eight months and the phone still works like a boss and it has no problems at all.
Could not maintain a signal at all? Pfft.....The problem lies on you, not on the phone, not on the manufacturer.
33. TheRetroReplay (Posts: 239; Member since: 20 Mar 2012)
How does the problem lie on me? I had a Motorola Droid, iPhone 4, Samsung Galaxy Nexus, Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX HD and now an HTC Droid DNA, all have maintained a great signal. The GS3 was the only one that had a signal problem. If 5 out of 6 phones did not have signal issues, then there is no problem that lies on me.
41. xperiaDROID (Posts: 4812; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
That's strange, I haven't heard this kind of problem on the GS3 before. Some of my friends are using the GS3 as well, and they didn't complain anything.
69. sintruder (Posts: 56; Member since: 30 Aug 2012)
it's actually not only with the s3, even my brother's s2 doesn't maintain the signal and even worse my friend's s2 has no signal at all, he even dumped the phone and bought an htc one x. This problem seems to be with many samsung phones.
84. darkkjedii (Posts: 9262; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
So you think there won't be at least one with that issue
86. ncarlosmiguel (Posts: 204; Member since: 14 May 2013)
Isolated issue maybe? My GS3 never had that problem to date.
40. chocolaking (Posts: 421; Member since: 22 May 2012)
I can ensure you that GS3 is a good phone and it will work smooth no problem. But only the battery life has a major issue.
it won't last 12 hours. don't last more than 12 hours.
42. xperiaDROID (Posts: 4812; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
I had a Sony Xperia P, and the battery life has a major issue as well, the battery drains very quickly. And it only last approximately 10 hours.
52. Retro-touch (Posts: 239; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
Its relative!! Some people claim bad battery life some say its the best, who do you believe??? I use a Nexus 4 and I get amazing battery life with a custom kernel, some users say they have crap battery life no matter what they do, who do you believe???
106. adk199 (Posts: 23; Member since: 04 Oct 2012)
Depending on SG3 usage i have easily 24 hours of battery life. I'm always surprised when i reach 30+ hours and 20-30% left. I switch a bit between two batteries and in a few days i have done it for a year and mostly everything works well. Can't say after a year that it's performing 100% all the time but it's pretty close :-)
37. jacko1977 (Posts: 377; Member since: 11 Feb 2012)
nope no problem with my SIV and i had it since launch and have 215 apps on it still no lag
54. bucky (Posts: 1222; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
That's a lie. Mine went back quick. Rather just buy a nexus 4
62. heyhi (Posts: 118; Member since: 19 Feb 2013)
always, always you mr Mxyzptik!!
dont worry, i guess soon PA will present a Apple's article.
75. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 4596; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Latest news Apple news is about alleged tax evasion.
94. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 4596; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
And there is a chance that the next PhoneArena's article will be about that.
31. Omar-BHR95 (Posts: 184; Member since: 23 Dec 2012)
It’s something we could all definitely live without. With all these new high-powered eight-core processors hitting the market, you may have noticed that no matter how powerful your device, there’s still a half second (or longer) of time spent waiting for an app to open. I figured this had more to do with slow memory than processing power, but apparently it could also be something else altogether. One dev from XDA went on a search to find out what caused Android lag and cure it forever.
What he found was that 90% of Android’s lag was caused by a “limited entropy pool” and cooked up a simple app to seemingly eliminate all lag found on a device when opening bigger, memory intensive applications like Facebook, Chrome, Maps, etc.. The app — which can be downloaded from either the original post on XDA or from Google Play — is compatible with all Android versions, and all Android devices.
Let the Fight be over and stop lag with:
[APK] Seeder 2.0.0 entropy generator to provide significant jelly bean lag reduction.
With everyone using this free App, together we can win this fight and show Google they were right all along , there is no lag at all even with 2 GB RAM and 8 cores.! :)
48. syedej123 (banned) (Posts: 71; Member since: 08 Jan 2013)
Once last year me and my dad went for buying smart TV .. tears came down seeing the purity of display ..
No other TV brands can delever that purity ..and smartness of samsung TV .
Still I remember in shopping more custumers are infront of samsung area for buying smart tv.
Very less number found on other sections.
4. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1618; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
For number 16 whos the highest holder of patents i wonder....*cough* Apple.....
20. TheRetroReplay (Posts: 239; Member since: 20 Mar 2012)
It's IBM with 6148 patents, Apple only has about 1000
80. microsoftnokiawin (Posts: 764; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
i'm pretty sure nokia owns a sh*tload of patents as well
36. jacko1977 (Posts: 377; Member since: 11 Feb 2012)
i wonder if the new 5G they did is in that number
63. Ninetysix (Posts: 1071; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
Try to hide your ignorance next time.
64. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1618; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
It was called a joke and did you think I was was serious LMAO! Ha but seriously it's what you do with the patents and whereas say IBM tend to hide there patents apple just sues everyone because of them....that is what I was getting at....
7. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 4596; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Victor H. thank you for posting that information here, it is some interesting facts even if some already was known. :)
8. XperiaPrince (Posts: 108; Member since: 25 Dec 2012)
But now samsung quality sucks. I have no problem with plastix but their build quality is. My galaxy tab 2 7.0 has many back scratches already. My xperia sola dosen't have any scratch.
13. Taters (Posts: 2361; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Yes, equating a super low budget and one of their worse products ever made with Samsung as a whole makes a lot of sense. Especially since they have released too many products to count.
15. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1618; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
i see your point but the tab 7.0 is not that bad!!! lol
27. XperiaPrince (Posts: 108; Member since: 25 Dec 2012)
well i have to admit that my xperia ui is laggy. and i can still cover the scratches with a case. not hating on samsung. i just wish that they could improve build quality a little more. so their next customers wont be disappointed. and tab 2 isn't that bad. it performs great and even smoother than my sola
19. SonyFindOneDroidple (Posts: 441; Member since: 11 May 2013)
Dont be a hater please.. All of these manufacturers have their own issues.. Just by back scratches alone, you'll react like the world dumps on you.. Even Sony has quality problems evidenced by the number of reports in many forums
72. donfem (Posts: 480; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
Because Samsung delibrately scratched your tab?
79. XperiaPrince (Posts: 108; Member since: 25 Dec 2012)
No, I mean that samsung put a low quality plastic on the tab that can be easily scratced. Even if your not trying to.
9. ajac09 (Posts: 1211; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
just should have called this "why samsung is better then apple" lol
11. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
18. shuaibhere (Posts: 869; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
This article will shut the mouth of samsung haters....
First mp3 phone, first digital tv and, cdma are quite a big innovations .
24. SonyFindOneDroidple (Posts: 441; Member since: 11 May 2013)
If i will meet one comment stating Samsung copies, i am pretty sure that i can say something haha..
Their smartphone must not have built-in mp3 player lol
21. Taters (Posts: 2361; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
I thought they just made poor quality things that creak and just spend money on marketing? What is this R&D and quality nonsense? ;)
Sad to see how uneducated fan boys are these days...they don't even realize that their Sony or other brand TV could be using a Samsung or Panasonic LCD panel...and they could love their TV and have some hatred towards Samsung.
22. SonyFindOneDroidple (Posts: 441; Member since: 11 May 2013)
They are praising their favorite companies while hating the company supplying their favorite smartphone's parts
47. BillyG (Posts: 304; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)
thats the key. samsung is great, even superb in making parts. they also have great specs, but as a complete unit, they suck at it. galaxy series already on its 4th generation, and those lags and stuttering are always there even though google already 'put some butter' on their jelly bean... somehow samsung always manage to 'ruin' android on every generation of galaxy. people have to root their galaxy or do some mod to get a great android experience.
55. Retro-touch (Posts: 239; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
Turn off those gimmicky features and the phone is butter so I don't see the issue, you don't have to use every feature of a phone. My microwave and many other appliances and hardware in my house have a ton of features I never use, I use what's necessary for my needs, don't see why it has to be different with phones, you'd look like a fool using some of those features in public anyway
23. N-fanboy (Posts: 477; Member since: 12 Jan 2013)
21. They lied about their phone having a flash.
25. SonyFindOneDroidple (Posts: 441; Member since: 11 May 2013)
Nokia also lied..
The only pure company i know is Sony :) unless i missed any facts
81. microsoftnokiawin (Posts: 764; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
how did Nokia fake camera shots where in that video did Nokia say video taken on lumia device
all their video with their lumia devices they put a thing in one of the corners saying lumia device etc...
you guys just over react they didn't release the phone saying oh look at footage the phone had what it said when it was released also what does that have anything to do with the article
29. Whateverman (Posts: 3158; Member since: 17 May 2009)
Nokia faked camera shots.
Oh, I'm sorry. I thought we were blurting out random negative statements that have absolutely NOTHING to do with the topic of this article.
26. f1r3z0r (Posts: 78; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
no wonder Apple hates so much SAMSUNG...haters always gonna hate...