Here are 17 people who actually like Apple Maps
0. phoneArena 27 Sep 2012, 01:54 posted on
Could there really be anyone out there who likes the hot mess that is called Apple Maps? There are at least 17 fans of the application who have let themselves be known via some tweets, that they love Apple Maps no matter what you think...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Savage (unregistered)
Lol, The last one said Google Maps on iOS. People don't even know whose software they are using.
14. whysoserious (Posts: 318; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
Amazing people, aren't they? A true showcase of how iFan's iBrain works. lol!
35. anywherehome (Posts: 971; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
yes, typical Apple's brainwashing worked here
74. saadasadkhatri (Posts: 9; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
I won't blame it on brainwashing, it's just another example of Apple's malpractices; this article came to my mind after reading this post:http://www.gartner.com/it/page
17. jjjsong (Posts: 74; Member since: 27 Dec 2011)
Average users are just very uninformed on technology... (well, that's also the reason why they buy iphones).
19. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
hahha... well its because iPhone are made for not so smart people!
it is made for those who dont like complicated! but heck... apple maps is complicated! Nokia maps rocks!
30. Ray.S (Posts: 306; Member since: 19 Jul 2011)
Not everyone cares that much about the techy stuff, guys, but this doesn't mean they aren't smart.
32. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1715; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Actually, that's exactly what it means but a typical response from a biased fanboy.
33. Ray.S (Posts: 306; Member since: 19 Jul 2011)
So, if you don't care about tech, it makes you stupid? C'mooon...
41. someones4 (Posts: 624; Member since: 16 Sep 2012)
well... personally, i won't go as far as 'stupid'. Let's go with 'easily satisfied' or 'simple-minded'. Is that ok then? In any case, how can you not care about tech especially in this age?
51. lzsbleach (Posts: 155; Member since: 20 May 2012)
That is true and your making an investment on a phone so you should at least know the basics but then again how can you like something you never had before. These people have never held an Android phone so how can they know whats good from whats bad.
47. zhypher_23 (Posts: 195; Member since: 04 Jun 2012)
Them giving a statement about tech that isn't true is showing you know everything about it *theoretically, if they don't know facts, they should keep their statements to themselves.
50. Danre (Posts: 85; Member since: 02 Sep 2012)
Yeah! that doesn't make them stupid
but nor intelligent also.
56. lovefist (unregistered)
Buying something priced absurdly and then brag that it is the best smartphone in the world without even knowing its competitors is stupid. C'mooon...
58. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1715; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
What about these so called reports of iPhone users being more "techy" C'mooon... so you are saying Android users are the more techy ones?
60. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
I wouldnt say stupid... well, not for everyone. Your intelligence changes by subject, so you can be functionally illiterate in tech even though your super knowledgeable in something else. But we live in a world surrounded by tech. You need to have at least a basic knowledge of what is out there and how to use it. Anyone that does not is nearly guaranteed to not get very far in life.. or at least any farther than they are. Even old school jobs like mechanics are ruled by computers now. What's left? Trash collection.. mortician?
This is a geeks world. Over the last 20-30 years the world has changed thanks to technology. Those who have not embraced it by now are just dust to be swept aside. Those that do embrace it have the best chances of having a solid life.
69. roscuthiii (Posts: 2117; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
page 2, middle Tweet, last sentence: "Simple things make me so excited!!"
(paraphrased - Simple is, as simple does?)
63. downphoenix (Posts: 3140; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
Okay Ray, that is a fair point. But I have a hunch they are stupid, given their responses. Or they live in a tiny bubble in the world where apple maps is actually accurate.
64. whysoserious (Posts: 318; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
C'mooon guys, cut Ray S. some slack will you? He's got a point, 'stupid' is a very harsh word.
...try iStupid and be a little more innovative!
67. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
it s just simple ray... iPhone isnt made for tech genius!
36. uzairkhan1994 (Posts: 17; Member since: 04 Mar 2012)
that means hes not a geek and not a fan boy either ... he just like what he got
43. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1235; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
ok wait now just wait! Let me get this straight...Someone actually LIKES apple maps!!!
65. metalpoet (unregistered)
Ladies and gentlemen those 17 tweets*Tweeter, another brainwashing company just like Apple* are from people are straight up retarded and shouldnt be allowed to live in any country that has electricity!
66. buccob (Posts: 2479; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
I bet some of them (if not all, save for the last one lol) either work for apple or are being paid to tweet those... or just dumb people...
70. roscuthiii (Posts: 2117; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
They appear for the most part to be trend-following, hyperbolic, teenage girls... AKA, the iPhone crowd. ;-)
2. No_Nonsense (Posts: 826; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
They haven't used Nokia Maps or they are happy with whatever Apple provides them with.
29. E.N. (Posts: 2610; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
I'd choose Google/Nokia Maps over ios6 maps any day, but I think Apple Maps is good too. There are many errors in Apple's maps I'm sure, but in my experience its actually been pretty good.
I think that the huge negative press on maps is over the top and in no way indicative of everyday use (at least in my area anyway).
40. No_Nonsense (Posts: 826; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
In my area there are massive blunders.
3. random1204 (Posts: 28; Member since: 26 May 2010)
All I see is "OMGOSH MY NEW APPLE MAPS IS SO AWESOME! IT EVEN DOES EVERYTHING GOOGLE MAPS ON ANDROID HAS BEEN ABLE TO DO FOR YEARS NOW!"
Have you used Google even as a search engine or maps online at all before?
Next step for horrible people to attempt: Hack iOS Maps to direct its users....into oncoming traffic.
5. parvsingh05 (Posts: 98; Member since: 11 Jan 2012)
lol this world awseome, thats why i like the planet earth ;D
54. Googlethis (Posts: 179; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
You like this planet. I don't its to crowded. lol
6. bohdan4ik13 (Posts: 103; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
Apple Maps are good in Russia, because of partnership with Yandex, which has the best maps of Russia and Ukraine ever.
7. gilkzxc (Posts: 15; Member since: 19 Sep 2012)
i think you got mistaken they don't like the maps they are been sarcastic
cause not to ofend them only a moron will say that a map for "paralle universes" is a good map .
8. Kostas_13 (Posts: 43; Member since: 07 Sep 2012)
These ppl can be briefly described like this:
10. oldmandaddy (Posts: 64; Member since: 01 May 2010)
The worst things are when Googles come out with android 1.5 , 1.6 and even 4.1 jelly bean they are still behind, they still lags . Googles took 4 to 5 years , let see how long Apples to mapping it right.
23. xray174 (Posts: 85; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
lol and google maps works better on android 1.5 then ios6
27. phitch (Posts: 214; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
Can you please retype this into something coherent? It doesn't even make sense. Android 4.0 and 4.1 have no lag, but you wouldn't know that since you haven't actually used... you know what forget it. I can see this being like a conversation with a brick wall.
55. Googlethis (Posts: 179; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
talking to apple fans = talking to brick wall
12. oldmandaddy (Posts: 64; Member since: 01 May 2010)
They are actually 170millions like Android 1.5.
13. modyt (Posts: 30; Member since: 23 Aug 2012)
Most of them seem to be those advertising bots by Google! "I earned $1M dollars working 2 hours from home! Find out how!" Yeah sure... Google will go bankrupt...
16. modyt (Posts: 30; Member since: 23 Aug 2012)
Oh hell... just saw the ad flashing in the slideshow above! #KMN
15. CyberianPirate (Posts: 3; Member since: 12 Sep 2012)
still got people which still worship fruit company even the apple maps is really bad...
at least 17 out of 5,000,000 iS***p still praised it :p
18. boss_king (Posts: 9; Member since: 27 Sep 2012)
Lmao Perfect Example how Isheep Are totally Blind & don't nonothing about There own OS Haha Can't stop Laughing at the last one...
21. raghav.ak (Posts: 12; Member since: 27 Sep 2012)
Seventeen people are being good at sarcasm.
22. wendygarett (unregistered)
where's my name??
28. wendygarett (unregistered)
Oops I haven't tweet it yet...
Let me tweet it here :)
APPLE MAP IS SOOO AWESOME!!!!
49. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
can you stop been a useless troll
you flop more then a fish out of water and its stupid now
59. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1715; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Seriously you are now more annoying than that Apple Royally guy who was all @ WE LIKE THIS, @ WE ARE APPLE...blah blah blah
71. Googlethis (Posts: 179; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
maybe he is like beetle juice say his name enough times and he will apeare
24. Bozzor (Posts: 169; Member since: 02 May 2012)
This is hardly surprising: with millions of iPhone 5s in people's hands already, there are bound to many individuals who have had only limited exposure to the iOS 6 Maps feature, who live in well charted areas that Apple got right and for whom the really excellent visual features of the Maps function has been very impressive. It's not as if EVERY possible thing that the new Maps program does, it completely stuffs up. My experience has been poor on three of the eight occasions I have used it (on an iPhone 4S with iOS 6), but it is easy to see how people could have had a perfectly negative or a perfectly positive experience at this early stage.
25. Bozzor (Posts: 169; Member since: 02 May 2012)
Also need to add that it could be interesting to see some proper statistics as to user satisfaction with the Maps feature...
34. AlexYouOC (Posts: 53; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
Perfect example of why the iPhone is a dumb smart phone for dumb people. They will praise anything Apple releases just because its Apple, regardless of how many other better products there are in the world
37. soshi (Posts: 154; Member since: 08 Mar 2012)
Some of them doing sarcasm I think, like "using imap to place that he already know"
what is talking map, talking phone is so noisy. I uninstall google now because i prefer texting more than talking like stupid, especially in public