Here are 101 reasons not to buy Windows Phone 7.5
0. phoneArena 17 May 2012, 07:36 posted on
Ah, Windows Phone 7.5 Mango! Just saying the name of the platform seems to start controversy - and don’t get us wrong, we appreciate the design work and…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
41. FoneAddict (Posts: 259; Member since: 05 Jul 2011)
Windows Phone = FAIL. Nokia needs to ditch Microsoft ASAP before it's too late.
This list just highlights the obvious problems with Windows Phone and Nokia don't seem to have enough clout to address any of these problems without Microsoft's consent.
99. AndroidShiz (Posts: 154; Member since: 08 Nov 2011)
You do realize that the CEO at Nokia or whatever he's called, "Manchurian Candidate" cough* used to work at Microsoft right? It wouldn't matter if the phone came with a TV tube attached and thick as a stack of phone books, they would have pushed out this phone.
42. allen83 (Posts: 107; Member since: 01 Mar 2012)
The point of this article is that compared to the original OS of nokia Symbian and Meego, the platform of Windows have a big disadvantage over the matured Symbian and the infant Meego when it comes to the usability of the phone. In any part of the world usability is more important than its applications. As for me this article has already been around for weeks and read them already on Tomi Ahonen's blog site. Sure many will be pissed off with this article but the truth hurts and the windows os had just its minor fixes when nokia has been around them. When nokia is not around some of fhe usability features of the windows OS will not be seen and be fix
43. OpTiMuS_BlAcK (Posts: 418; Member since: 04 May 2012)
No mass storage mode hurts all of us pirates. Arrr!
54. akbar (Posts: 62; Member since: 09 Feb 2012)
May be you are right, lack of mass storage mode does not hurt you, "users".
44. dhawaldamania (Posts: 7; Member since: 25 Apr 2012)
LOL, the writer needs to get laid, how did he compile such a huge list of fault .. or maybe it's a women
46. APPLE_R0YALLY (banned) (Posts: 73; Member since: 08 May 2012)
WE SAY™ this is much restricted than our IOS.....!?
50. pongkie (Posts: 599; Member since: 20 Aug 2011)
windows tries to differentiate and simplifies a smartphone so they don't cram all the stuff in unless many users persists on a feature that will be added to wp 8. that's the whole point of windows phone. I should not be messy
Microsoft doesn't want to give a user experience similar to ios or andriod. when i first tried an wp it's really confusing because i'm used with my android but every time I go back to the demo device in the store I kinda get what MS is trying to do.
If MS did all that it will be another android or ios clone
51. ananya22 (Posts: 93; Member since: 23 Apr 2012)
Good for apple fans. android fans like me have always been bashing ios for lack of features but even ios users can bash the living hell out of wp7. this is the article i've been waiting for a long time.(when i was a hd7 user)
53. akbar (Posts: 62; Member since: 09 Feb 2012)
The matter of fact is that all new OS systems are more "smart" than "phones". I just migrated from Symbian to Android and I am missing quiet a lot of phone features. I could send an sms, make a call, check the call log history much faster in the Symbian.
I haven't checked all the apps available in the store which might help me there, but as a pure phone functionality I prefer Symbian. Unfortunately I am not using the phone only for calling, so I have to change it for the "future" of mobile OSes ;)
57. Awaragardiyan (unregistered)
Check this before trolling :
58. Awaragardiyan (unregistered)
59. ron1niro (Posts: 54; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)
This is an outright show of bias. Reasons why you shouldn't buy wp7? Seriously? Some of those reasons are stupid, some based on rumour, others are not even true. Many people who used nokia products before windows phone are having a hard time accepting the fact that Nokia has chosen this path and are always trying to point out what is wrong with this platform. Come on, get over it, symbian is not coming back, meego, maybe, but even if it doesn't come back, it is what it is. Don't like it, don't buy it, but i'm sure that Nokia or Windows phone are going to be here for a long time, you can console yourself and say nobody likes windows phone but i'm sure the consumer reviews are not lying.
60. wp74ver (banned) (Posts: 62; Member since: 10 May 2012)
I can make a million not to buy and android ,plus half of then are false ,and dont worry wp8 will bring at least 500 more new features to cover all of those crap reason .
70. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Kid, i dare you to make a list of FIVE reasons what Android lacks compared to your WP.
Please, make my day..
164. Pdubb (Posts: 248; Member since: 08 Aug 2011)
1) No centralized location for people(contacts) notifications
2) No upgrade to ICS- not for most phones
3) Inconsistent UX from one phone to next(sense-motoblur..etc.
4) Device drivers hard to find( Google said go to Samsung- samsung said go to Google)
5) No flash support
6) No deep social networking integration(google+ does not count)
That is just 6 with my experience with Android. I want to move from Android so bad. When my contract is up!!! Done and done.
183. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
1) tons of apps on google play, or OEM solutions such as timescape widget
b)BS, you can buy tons of ICS running phones now
3) you can tweak any of those UI to your likings, and besides, you can always root or BUY A NEXUS
4) yeah, compared to what?
6) oh my, that was lame..can't believe what you're saying!
which phone do you use?
201. microsoftnokiawin (Posts: 1178; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
1) WP Store is getting 300 new Apps daily and they're not cramped with apps
2)you root it because you don't like the way it is
3)Same thing again
4) complicated OS
5) o low end phones running android lag as hell the moment you start using memory
79. AndroidShiz (Posts: 154; Member since: 08 Nov 2011)
I'd love to hear a couple. And could they be about the "real Android" meaning the Galaxy Nexus, GSM version, not the other skinned Androids that have issues not controlled by Google. Cause I've never had a better phone experience than this phone, and I've had about 38 off all kinds, (high end Androids, Windows, Black Berry, Symbian, ios, etc) in the last 5yrs. I'm a phone junky and this is the first time I've had a phone that I could actually see myself keeping for awhile, at least until 5.0. So do tell.
144. steelicon (Posts: 318; Member since: 02 Apr 2011)
LOL yeah! KMA WP7.5! I'd love to see your list. And, BTW, as long as the hardware is present, you can "hack" into Android all the lacking features. And there's also the dev community and CM9 community. Just like what they did to MeeGo / Symbian. OSS rocks!
62. simplyj (Posts: 404; Member since: 23 Dec 2009)
I agree with a couple of these, but I knew what I was getting into when I bought a Windows Phone and I don't regret it.
73. REYNER (Posts: 187; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
same here! i tolly agree with that at first coming from a gingerbread its hard to use and get use to the idea of simplicity i oftenly complain about the lack of other functionality until i got use to it and now i often use my wp7 than my sensation no regret at all..
63. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
@krapans: is it really true that WP browser
doesn't have back/forward page and text reflow.
it always bugged me how could reviewers praise the browsing experience if this is indeed true.
those are flaws that would make browser UNUSABLE if you ask me!
also, I'll add a few more MAJOR flaws!
1) no t-9 in default keyboard
2) no option for using third party keyboard!
3) no folders
4) no side-pull tray on homescreens! (basically you're forced to scroll up and down to reach an app or tile)
I loathe WP for treating users like kids!
Yeah it's fast and reliable and simple and intuitive and fancy looking (that's why light, average users are loving it)...but it's in no way a true, flexible, smart OS!
It's just a flashy looking feature phone interface that works without a hitch.
64. Mobile-X-Pert (Posts: 565; Member since: 20 Dec 2010)
So basically Phonearena is saying that we should not buy windows phones, how biased is that. I'm not a fanboy but this is really something that doesn't look good for a website that is ''supposely unbiased''. I can clearly see that Phonearena has something against either Nokia or Microsoft. This list was posted by a WP7/Elop hater so this should not be re-posted on other websites like this one, everybody knows what the limitions of the OS are.
Edit: you beloved iphone had more than this limitions but still it keeps selling well, because it is not about specs it's about the experience.
67. Victor.H (Posts: 658; Member since: 27 May 2011)
So basically PhoneArena is saying that you should know about the missing features before you decide whether to buy Windows Phone now, or when it hits WP8 as chances are you won't be able to upgrade.
101. krapanss (Posts: 10; Member since: 17 May 2012)
I think what we are trying to say to PhoneArena is that you shouln't put out negative article only about one OS. If you wanna do it do it in a right whay and make comparison between the all popular OS's.
168. jimjam (Posts: 272; Member since: 28 Jun 2011)
If you were trying to educate the masses you'd also list the 101 reasons why you would buy wp7 to make it balanced. Did a WP7 handset fall on your head?