Here are 101 reasons not to buy Windows Phone 7.5
0. phoneArena 17 May 2012, 07:36 posted on
Ah, Windows Phone 7.5 Mango! Just saying the name of the platform seems to start controversy - and don’t get us wrong, we appreciate the design work and…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
129. Henrik (Posts: 141; Member since: 18 Feb 2012)
I agree. Posting someones personal butthurt-list as if it were the unquestioned truth shows some real class of the editors of this site. And it isn't the first time they've posted flamebait articles that not even Engadget bothered to post (yes, really).
Sad stuff. I'm outta here too. See you around.
143. steelicon (Posts: 318; Member since: 02 Apr 2011)
He should get a hold of a Nokia Lumia 900 Microsoft Windows Phone 7.5 device, record it on video while making his points, then upload it to Youtube.
That way, all disputes can be dispelled easily and thoroughly.
205. Whodaboss (Posts: 176; Member since: 18 Nov 2011)
And yet it's still the best looking, smoothest/fastest, most stable, OS period!
242. DaveHawkins (Posts: 2; Member since: 25 Sep 2012)
Been using a Windows Phone 7 for over a year now. I have ordered and returned an iPhone 4, and 2 Adroids. This is the best phone I have ever owned.
Limitations aside, it truly is the best overall experience I have ever had with a phone, be it smart phone or other. I am not talking about geek features that can be argued until the cows come home, I am talking about actually using the device since Spring of 2011.
Not only am I a convert, I am so looking forward to Windows Phone 8!
2. Muhannad (Posts: 455; Member since: 20 Sep 2011)
Thats very brutal PhoneArena, but I still have a question. How do most Windows Phones have very high consumer satisfaction ratings yet they lack all these features? I really hope Microsoft fixes all the above in WP8.
5. feelman666 (Posts: 3; Member since: 17 May 2012)
i have wp7.5
let us not forget that iphone4s doesnt even have sms delivery notification!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
also on wp7.5 i have all i need. metro browser plays all flash videos and htc video app plays all youtubes.....you mad bro?
56. HTCFreak (Posts: 156; Member since: 17 Jul 2010)
No, but the iPhone has a notification when your sms has been read with is much better.
118. anywherehome (Posts: 971; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
are you joking?? Is possible to turn this privacy issue off?
132. feelman666 (Posts: 3; Member since: 17 May 2012)
nooooooooooooooooooooooo! that is only for the voip app that needs internet access....
it is people like you that make the internet a horrid place. false info spreading
163. anywherehome (Posts: 971; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
me? I didnt write the post about "read sms" I didnt know it :-D
it is people like you we have fun of :)
178. Credo (Posts: 748; Member since: 19 Apr 2012)
Haha you're damn right !!!
WP8 will rule soon.
15. CharlieAtInfinity (Posts: 253; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
The Bitter truth always seem brutal.. this is a great article.. i am gonna print this and show it to my WP friends!!
Yeah i said previously that WP is a great OS (it still is) but Microsoft has just put in too many limitations!!! hate the one especially the need to stick to Zune...
226. jnkAL (Posts: 5; Member since: 18 May 2012)
Well go ahead and they'll laugh in your face. Because a lot of those features listed here are actually present on wp7 :)
18. Victor.H (Posts: 658; Member since: 27 May 2011)
I think that's what I start the article with - the platform is smooth and is developing quickly, no one denies that. What the list points out, though, are missing features, and not all of them are essential to users. For those that want the most features, though, this platform might not yet be mature enough.
26. Muhannad (Posts: 455; Member since: 20 Sep 2011)
You're right but I if may point out that the original Samsung Focus is the only WP with a microSD slot, nevertheless its a great article though. I actually would like to see something similar about Android and iOS not just to start a war between fanboys but to be actually aware of the missing features.
30. maverick786us (Posts: 150; Member since: 20 Apr 2012)
I too hope but doubt how they will fix so many bugs with just one incremental upgrade
179. Joshing4fun (Posts: 1237; Member since: 13 Aug 2010)
Ok first off, they're not bugs. Missing features. And only about a dozen or so are actually useful to the users everyday life. Most others are superfluous.
48. APPLE_R0YALLY (banned) (Posts: 73; Member since: 08 May 2012)
WE THINK® W8 will all so be restricted.....!?
243. DaveHawkins (Posts: 2; Member since: 25 Sep 2012)
On the other hand, ask yourself, this: If satisfaction is so high, do any of these issues really matter? I don't get how satisfied customers should flush their satisfaction just to get some gidget feature that someone things is so fantabulous.
I am not trading in my TV just because it doesn't have every strain of 3D on it. I use the version it has and am quite happy that it give me some eye candy. I don't trade in my car every five minutes because it doesn't have a certain kind of tire or whatever, I keep it because it is reliable. IF it wasn't, I would get rid of it in favor of something else.
Have you ever played a game and found it fun but someone feels they have to whine about it continuously? What I like in games is that everyone has figured out that someone will pout no matter what. So when that happens, you have a squelch button...
3. Credo (Posts: 748; Member since: 19 Apr 2012)
so what ?? i still love Windows Phone, Android and iOS are both also not perfect ;)
52. frydaexiii (Posts: 1456; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
Android's weakness would be that manufacturers insisting on putting their custom skins on it and take a hell long time to do it, plus more openness means more malware (which unless you're an idiot and download Angry B1rds from R0v1o, you probably won't get it).
iOS's is almost the same as this list, but having a whole array of quality apps probably make up for half of it.
87. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
custom UI is far from a weakness..lol
111. frydaexiii (Posts: 1456; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
No, taking a damn long time to put it on Android is.
82. AndroidShiz (Posts: 154; Member since: 08 Nov 2011)
Of course they're not "perfect" Mercedes aren't "perfect " but far better than a Geo Metro. Hope that clears it up for you, because the comparison is exactly the same.
6. CharlieAtInfinity (Posts: 253; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
Dude.. I can give you 200 reasons not to buy a iOS device!!!
Well done in this article though!!
7. krapanss (Posts: 10; Member since: 17 May 2012)
To: PhoneArena: Now go and read this:
1. No true multitasking – apps are frozen in the background. - Although this has been covered a thousand times WP does have multitasking (fetching emails in background, playing MP3); the apps frozen in the BG are a way of quickly jumping from task to task without losing battery and Ram.
2. No Divx/Xvid video codec support. Zune will convert with loss of quality. Zune conversion depends on the output you choose (also DivX/Xvid are a thing of the past- what OS in the world supports them natively?- seriously I don’t know)
3. No mass storage mode. There is Mass storage mode but it has to be tweaked- regardless this is a WP “Feature” if you can’t live without it WP sin’t for you.. move on
4. No micro-SD card support. Coming in Windows 8
5. Only support up to 16GB storage . As far as I know that’s not true- there is no storage limit; just no current phones with larger storage- if there is then keep in mind SKydrive can be used as an alternative (not a true alternative but it helps)
6. No filemanager. Directory system is totally opaque. Same point as No mass storage
7. Need Zune to transfer files. Zune will only transfer photos, videos & music. All other files need to email/upload to yourself. Once again same point as before- WP is a closed system, files can be shared through skydrive though.
8. Your contact details are automatically uploaded to cloud service whether you like it or not. -how is this an issue?
9. Limited to 800×480 resolution. - Newer resolutions coming in Windows 8- and it’s still a higher resolution thant Symbian which is stuck in nHD
10. No wi-fi hotspot. – Yes there is, the Lumia 900 and 610 come preoloaded with it and Lumia 800 & 710 are getting an update soon 9already rolling out) other WPs (sammy/LG) have had WiFi sharing forever- Keep in mind Symbian only allows Wifi sharing through apps that are paid (and I’m yet to get it to work on my N9)
21. Victor.H (Posts: 658; Member since: 27 May 2011)
The one where you say "Coming in Windows 8" got me smiling. This actually hits the exact point of this list and article - should customers buy WP Mango devices now or wait for Windows Phone 8. So, yeah...
Edit: And wow, are we reading a different list, number 10 for example is
23. Victor.H (Posts: 658; Member since: 27 May 2011)
To finish my point, number 10 isn't even mentioned in the list.