Havok brings its cinematic game physics engine to Windows Phone 8
0. phoneArena 20 Jun 2012, 12:40 posted on
Windows Phone 8 shares the same kernel with Windows 8 and the same native development language, which is probably the most significant news from tonight's unveiling of Microsoft's next mobile OS iteration. A great demonstration what that means was the appearance of the folks from Havok on stage, who said with the new kernel it only took them a few weeks to port their award-winning game physics engine to Windows Phone 8...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Synack (Posts: 670; Member since: 05 Jul 2011)
Looks like the PS phones are about to get pwnd.
2. speckledapple (Posts: 887; Member since: 29 Sep 2011)
and with the same elements, it would be nice to see the level of capatibility with windows phone 8.
3. PhansMuneeb (Posts: 359; Member since: 28 Jan 2012)
The only bad news is i can't get new phone till 2014... :'(
4. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 2016; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
Nice... I'm very excited with what W8 is going ....
5. Bluesky02 (Posts: 1439; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
That's amazing. If Havok is coming so is Unreal Engine, and many other might follow. No doubt we'll have great games.