Happy 40th birthday, cell phone!
0. phoneArena 03 Apr 2013, 05:59 posted on
And just like that, the gadget which is nearest and dearest to our hearts here at PhoneArena, the cell phone, has turned 40. It's like it was yesterday when Motorola's Martin Cooper, the father of the cell phone, made that first historical call on April 3, 1973... Well, most of us here don't really remember the day, seeing that we weren't born yet, but hey, it must have been pretty cool...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Happy Birthday long-life cell phone! We love you! :)
Thaaankssss..... Mr.Cooper! :)
15. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
What? Does "long-life" sounded wrong?
25. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Hahaha.......dude, you can't say that. Why?
Just look at your own comment......
And you don't even know how to write a sentence do you? "we", WRONG! "We", CORRECT!
Oh, and where's the full stop (.) ???
26. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3135; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Actually, it doesn't 'sound' wrong, it is wrong.
It's the sentence you typed that made it incorrect. If you typed something like, "May cell phones have 'long-life'", that would be right.
But like tech2 corrected, "Happy Birthday 'long-live' cell phoneS!" is the correct form.
33. lyndon420 (Posts: 2861; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
Can you please change the last word 'form' to 'term'? I'm afraid I won't be able to get the gist of what you are trying to say unless you do. Sanx.
31. lyndon420 (Posts: 2861; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
Yeah...you are. Not that there's anything wrong with that though lol.
3. microsoftnokiawin (Posts: 1151; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY CELL PHONES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TILL 1 MILLION YEARS
12. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4171; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
1 million years? By then humans will be able to communicate telepathically.
4. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3135; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Thank you Mr Cooper! You changed our lives and made communication just a press of a button away. Long live cell phones.
5. aryanfr1 (Posts: 110; Member since: 24 Jan 2013)
happy birthday! thanksssssss Mr. Cooper:-)
6. tiara6918 (Posts: 1916; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
Happy birthday cell phones! Imagine what our lives could be right now if they weren't invented
17. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1463; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
im sure we would be visiting MarconiArena or LandphoneArena if it didn't ..lol jk
7. XperiaPrince (Posts: 108; Member since: 25 Dec 2012)
Happ Birthday Cellphones! I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!
11. mobilefuture (Posts: 209; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
:") one of the most revolutionary days ever!
14. Xtasy (Posts: 284; Member since: 13 Jan 2013)
The first cell phone was invented in Israel by Motorola. Just like many many inventions that we use today and don't know about it ;) Check the link...
18. Xtasy (Posts: 284; Member since: 13 Jan 2013)
Yes! Martin Cooper was a Jew as well lol but if you do you research most of the best technology today comes from Israel. Even Apple has R and D in Israel now and the A5 and A6 chips were invented in Israel and sold to Apple...Same goes for your Samsung Galaxy chips and most high end cell phone chips including the Intel processors. Check out the link below
34. Xtasy (Posts: 284; Member since: 13 Jan 2013)
Always gonna be haters! Like always. Facts are fact not a theory. Israel is number one country for R and D in the world which means they come out with more new inventions than any other country and they have R and D facilities for intel, Microsoft, Apple, Motorola, Google, IBM and a lot of other companies with many of them being startup companies...
19. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7030; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
If it weren't for dr cooper we wouldnt hage the iphone/android phones today. Plus i remember that classic motorola phone back then when i was a kid during the late 80s. First saw it on save by the bell
20. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1808; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
Now I miss my Nokia 9950 which I used to be able to take the shell apart to put on a different one
21. MartyK (Posts: 730; Member since: 11 Apr 2012)
Thank you Motorola (Google) for the first ever cell phone..there are many companies that copy what you truly invented, from Audiovox to ZTE, to bad you can't get in royalty for your invention....anti capitalism countries!
28. MartianMe (unregistered)
hmm,,,,i see long rectangle shapes with a little bit of round corners here...
29. MartyK (Posts: 730; Member since: 11 Apr 2012)
Apple lawyer need to get on this!...lol
30. DavidRedpath (Posts: 7; Member since: 03 Apr 2013)
I asked my Wife to wish my mobile Happy Birthday. She flat refused being a non tech type :( At least it sunk in who Martin Cooper was after I spun an intriguing story (read via app8ite.com). The DynaTAC was quite the 80’s icon and I guess in many ways it was more affordable than a car(+phone) at the time. The iconic moment for me was Gordon Gecko watching the sunrise in Wall Street with the catch phrase Money Never Sleeps – In many ways it’s really innovation that never slept since then.
37. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
Thanks a bunch Mr cooper. I'm currently rocking a Motorola photon q ;)
38. jfuente11 (Posts: 34; Member since: 06 Nov 2012)
What a contribution to the mankind! Thanks Martin!