Hangouts for Android may finally get Google Voice integration soon
0. phoneArena 02 Jul 2014, 18:38 posted on
Not too long after Google first confirmed that Hangouts would be taking over the default SMS duties on Android devices, the company also hinted that support for Google Voice would eventually be added to Hangouts. That was over a year ago. We hadn't heard anything else until a few months ago, when it was rumored that Hangouts could fully absorb Voice...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
4. galanoth (Posts: 355; Member since: 26 Nov 2011)
5. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 5230; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Might as well. GV has been dead for a while and Hangouts already has the ability to make calls minus a forced opt in to G+
6. EnigmaticPsychotic (Posts: 39; Member since: 26 Nov 2013)
GV isn't dead for those of us on Android. And until they're fully merged Hangouts isn't really much of of an option.
7. tokuzumi (Posts: 429; Member since: 27 Aug 2009)
F-in finally! I like that GV added emoji support a month ago. That was a nice little +1. But I have to use hangouts (chat)/email to send pictures. Would be nice to just use one app for everything.
8. ePoch270 (Posts: 120; Member since: 26 Sep 2013)
As long as they don't F up GV. It's my daily driver for SMS and voice calls.