Hangouts app updated to fix MMS issues
1. GeekMovement (Posts: 1833; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
Not sure if they already exist, but I hope hangouts can add more sms options like turning off the avatar of your contact (and user) next to every message sent and maybe some customization options for the appearance. I like the quick sliding feature to switch easily from the sms chat back to the list of threads. Nice that it's more reliable, haven't had the mms problem, but updates are welcome.
2. Furbal (Posts: 509; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
Now they just need to fix it not auto scrolling up after you text....(probably keyboard dependent)
3. tyger11 (Posts: 92; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Does it let you have a 'return' key instead of a emoticon key? That is amazingly stupid, and the reason I had to switch.
5. tyger11 (Posts: 92; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Just checked, and it still does that. Dealbreaker. :(
6. wolverinexmen9 (Posts: 90; Member since: 31 Mar 2011)
I never sent a picture message from the Hangouts app until I got this update. I got nothing to worry about then. Haha
7. julz17ronald (Posts: 47; Member since: 26 Apr 2013)
Finally, this update fix my problem with sending group sms.
8. MyJobSux (Posts: 83; Member since: 01 Apr 2012)
I hate hangouts. Talk was much easier to use and see if users were on. it didnt demand me to use my cell number (which when used completely disables txt-to-email) for hangouts. It didnt demand that i be come social online. Google is starting to piss me off with how hard they are pushing me to be social. Their push to be social is invading my privacy online. They think they are doing great things, and they are, just let me decide if i want to be social or not. Dont demand that i do so just because i use your service. I wouldnt be suprised if they dont have federal offices on site giving them direct access to whatever data they wanted and did so with a smile.
9. bwhiting (Posts: 180; Member since: 15 Jun 2013)
...then don't be social. Just do what you been doing and just stay using other messaging apps.