Handsets with flexible OLED displays to enter pockets next year, says Samsung
4. cfprelude (Posts: 137; Member since: 27 Oct 2011)
might wanna check the definition of innovation buddy.... "something new and different".... Siri (and most things dealing with cell phones) is much more appropriately referred to as "evolution".... its taken some android features and bolstered an further integrated them.
I love all the competition and evolution we're seeing but i wish people would stop referring to everything that happens as "innovative"... that being said, the iphone mightve been the last thing truly innovative.
6. bobfreking55 (Posts: 866; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
precisely, no innovation in an iphone.
3. ivanko34 (Posts: 617; Member since: 04 Sep 2011)
I hope they put a patent on it
Oled for everyone and old lcd for the iLawsuit company
9. andro. (Posts: 1997; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
Apple already have a patent for bending things over backwards.....their islaves for example,so they will probably try to sue!
28. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3104; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
hahahahaha oh my god that is a classic.
23. rd_nest (Posts: 1591; Member since: 06 Jun 2010)
Maybe something like this:
I would play anything to get these ultra-cool-space-age stuffs devices...
7. Rayzin (Posts: 83; Member since: 27 Oct 2011)
Now I can look forward to that nifty wrap-around wrist phone I've always been waiting for!
11. jasongohjr (Posts: 75; Member since: 26 Sep 2011)
And where will the battery be? How long can that phone last?
8. Dark4o90 (Posts: 205; Member since: 20 Feb 2011)
i don't know but you realize that the phone doesn'need only a display but also HARDware - soc, chips, battery
12. Rayzin (Posts: 83; Member since: 27 Oct 2011)
Those can all be worn on a nifty accessory belt!
10. jasongohjr (Posts: 75; Member since: 26 Sep 2011)
Now they won't need gorilla glass now :D either than that I don't think here's any use in making a phone That has a bendable screen.... Can they make the whole phone bend? Nah... I don't think so
22. Leodrade (Posts: 87; Member since: 26 Aug 2011)
OLED = Organic Light-Emitting Diode
AMOLED = Active-Matrix Organic Light-Emitting Diode
The AMOLED tecnology is better because they have higher refresh rates and less power consumption
16. WirelessCon (Posts: 309; Member since: 11 May 2010)
It's a slap bracelet that's also a phone that's also a tablet!
Let the future come.
17. WirelessCon (Posts: 309; Member since: 11 May 2010)
Then again, In the future we won't even use our hands.
18. MEeee (Posts: 344; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
Apple Awarded Slide-to-Unlock Patent. More lawsuits are coming to Androids.
19. ledbetterp3 (Posts: 467; Member since: 31 Aug 2011)
I wonder what material they will use to make bendable hardware? Bendy phone chips, bendy battery, bendy processors, and bendy fortified glass?
24. joejoe509 (Posts: 4; Member since: 28 Oct 2011)
I could care less for bendy phones. To be honest those are probably a year or two off. I'm more intruiged in how INCREDIBLY THIN those OLED screens are!!!! WOW! I'm thinking of a next-gen Nexus with a super thin, curved OLED screen. MMMM... Tasty.
27. ash29 (Posts: 56; Member since: 28 Oct 2011)
Wow would love to have such a phone.After all its unbreakable.But wont fit my budget...
30. asderin (Posts: 1; Member since: 13 Nov 2011)
Just amazing what they can develop these days oled tv