Hands-on with the Nokia N85

0. phoneArena 28 Oct 2008, 06:22 posted on

Today, there was a knock on the door, we rushed to open it and greeted the delivery boy who gave us a nice package. We went back inside and with shaking hands started to boxing it. When we finally took the wraps off and opened it, we found a brand new, shiny Nokia N85...

1. Shan (unregistered)

This beautiful lookin phone looks like a tech-giant. It promises to be a good bread n butter for NOKIA for an year and so. :-)

posted on 28 Oct 2008, 13:14

2. TrueDis (unregistered)

I played with this phone at CTIA and the build quality felt very poor (worse than the N82 I used to have). Compared to the N79 that was next to it, the N85 was easily better looking, but it just felt janky. Thoughts?

posted on 28 Oct 2008, 15:52

the n85 looks solid . i reside in south africa in am wondering wether to wait for it or get an n78 or n82 . any opinions will be appreciated

posted on 29 Oct 2008, 02:43

4. hargs48 (unregistered)

N85 all the way bro...

posted on 29 Oct 2008, 22:01

N82 all the way :) unless you want a slider without a xenon flash. ( I personally like how the n82 looks) But the N85 looks pretty awesome too. Ahhhhhh, that oled looks awesome :)

posted on 29 Oct 2008, 07:35

i wish there were nokia phones that had qwerty keyboards that dont look ugly or big.

posted on 29 Oct 2008, 07:51

e71 bro

posted on 29 Oct 2008, 09:43

i love how i state how many defects have been found on this phone TWICE and these * here delete the docs i posted this phone is as lame as this company, ugly and behind in the times.

posted on 29 Oct 2008, 10:26

8. Riachu (unregistered)

I live in the Netherlands and received my N85 last week. Been waiting for it months and it finally arrived!! I've been using Sony Ericsson phones for the past 3 years (K750, K800, K850) but wanted a change. Had the N85 for a week and so far....... it's great. It takes some time to get used to the 'nokia way' of doing things but generally it's a great device. The camera is ok (not as good as my K850), Wifi is great, applications and software work very quickly (K850 was sooo slow) and the keypad is really user friendly. The only minus point compared of this phone compared to Sony Ericsson is that the Menu's aren't as intuitive in some cases. I just find that SE have simpler ways of doing things; comparing particularly Nokia's 'Gallery' feature button, with SE's 'Media' feature button. HOWEVER, this is a minor minor issue. The N85 is a wicked phone. I'm still finding new features on a daily basis (today I discovered the videocasts feature). My favourite feature of this phone is: * it's size * it's screen * it's battery life * wifi * keypad (is so much more better than K850's) * it's fast * and there are tons of features and even more to download Get it!!!!

posted on 02 Nov 2008, 18:36

13. Ewiess (unregistered)

Hey, Do the speakers work well? Is it loud I mean? And I also want to ask whether the slider is wobbly or not? Thanks :)

posted on 29 Oct 2008, 19:43

is the keypad good, it looks flat

posted on 01 Nov 2008, 05:23

12. Riachu (unregistered)

The keypad is good, but not the best. A fraction bigger would make it perfect. Especially if I'm texting whilst walking. I reckon I just need to get used to it.

posted on 31 Oct 2008, 07:47

11. fugo (unregistered)

when will I'm able to buy such a thing?