Hands-on with Opera Mobile 9.5 Beta

0. phoneArena 17 Jul 2008, 04:27 posted on

Finally, the first official beta of the Opera Mobile 9.5 is available for download and any Windows Mobile Professional user can test it out for free ...

Can it be used with non WinMo phones like the Instinct or Dare

posted on 17 Jul 2008, 07:50

unfortunately no

posted on 17 Jul 2008, 07:23

2. OscarTheGrouch (unregistered)

I installed it on my Windows Mobile HTC Kaiser II. It works pretty well!

posted on 17 Jul 2008, 09:05

Installed in on my Touch Cruisse and works well. Noticed that he doesn't remember settings like landscape, zoom level (when zoomed in) etc.

posted on 17 Jul 2008, 09:28

slow..but then i have an iphone.

posted on 17 Jul 2008, 09:47

slow if u you use slow phone... no problem with diamond imo

posted on 17 Jul 2008, 10:07

yes and it depends if you use 2g or 3g or wifi (and what wifi)

posted on 17 Jul 2008, 10:13

Installed on my VZW XV6900. This browser is way better than p.i.e. Keep in mind also that this is the first beta release so they will come out with updates and newer versions up until the final product comes out.

posted on 17 Jul 2008, 14:53

9. omegaman888 (Posts: 6; Member since: 25 Jun 2008)

this browser works really well, even without the flash support... it works really well on my htc 8525 with wm6

posted on 17 Jul 2008, 15:32

i installed it on the samsung i760 with the new windows mobile 6.1 upgrade and Im loving both of them but with the opera u cant use it but for a couple of minutes and a couple of sites and its showing too low on memory!!!!

posted on 17 Jul 2008, 23:18

11. gylman (unregistered)

Pretty slick interface. Ran well on my HX4700 with true VGA hack installed (ozVGA). Did not render some pages well. Certainly an improvement over IE or previous Opera versions.

posted on 18 Jul 2008, 15:03

on xv6900 it works extremely well. much happier than experience with pie. just needs some flash support for youtube. it would be nice if it would link in to my htc stream player for youtube but no luck....yet

posted on 20 Jul 2008, 17:01

13. VZW (unregistered)

This browser is absolutely ridiculous. I have not seen a better browser on a WinMo device ever! However please be aware that if you install this on a Verizon Wireless XV6900 (Touch) and you run it, it WILL turn your text, picture and email alert sounds OFF! You can go back and turn them on but once you load Opera Mobile 9.5 it will set them back to OFF. I tried it on 3 different XV6900's and it is the same with all of them. I am most upset about that and have uninstalled the application and am putting my XV6900 on craigslist.

posted on 21 Jul 2008, 08:01

this is with all phones right now. keep in mind it is a beta. they are working on it. the browser itself is sick. way better than pie.