Half of all Windows Phones now have Mango update available
While Microsoft has turned up the speed at which it is making the Mango update available, it refuses to offer it to all Windows Phone models because the company is still analyzing installation data from smaller carriers. The Redmond based company says that it still needs to keep an eye on how the update is going. And as more phones are updated, more info gets analyzed by Microsoft which then releases more models for the update. It's a high-tech Catch 22.
1. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
lol.. invert the picture. the first thing i thought was "is that an upside down boob??" lololol
10. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
guess a lot of guys here dont like boobs.. that explains alot.. lol
2. mmarcael (Posts: 1; Member since: 03 Oct 2011)
Yea right half have received the update! I know mad people with different carriers and in different states without it yet. As matter of fact know one I know has it yet, so this is B.S.
5. Lucas777 (Posts: 2137; Member since: 06 Jan 2011)
i dont think u r right… check the microsoft sight… all us phones have it cept for the dell venue pro… a lot of foriegn oones either have it or are getting it soon
7. Penny (Posts: 1398; Member since: 04 Feb 2011)
I have the update here on Verizon in the U.S., but you can try the force update trick that has worked for many Windows Phone users around the globe. Just look up how to do the trick on Google.
And considering how well and tightly Microsoft coordinated this release internationally, I have no reason to doubt that 50% of WP7 phones have already received the update.
3. samsungfocususer (unregistered)
does any1 kno if this update has came to the samsung focus yet or when it will come? and does the focus have ota updates? im not even sure about that...
6. Penny (Posts: 1398; Member since: 04 Feb 2011)
I believe the Samsung Focus 1.3 has received the update, but version 1.4 will be receiving it later (no more than a few weeks).
The Mango update is not OTA. You have to install the Microsoft Zune Player on your computer and sync your phone with your computer to get the Mango update.
8. Spider99 (unregistered)
Try this, it worked for me over the weekend, Samsung Focus 1.3
1. Bring up a command prompt window.
2. Type "ipconfig /release" (no quotes) but DON'T press Enter yet.
3. Load up the Zune software and go to Update. It most likely won't find the Mango update.
4. In the Zune menu, click an option above or below the Update option, eg. Link
5. Click back to Update.
6. Count to 3, go back to your command prompt window and hit Enter. This will drop your PC's internet connection.
7. Hopefully, Zune will say that it's found an update for your phone. Don't click Update yet.
8. Back to command prompt, type "ipconfig /renew" which will bring back your internet connection.
9. Back to Zune and click Update.
This method worked for me in about 5 seconds. Give it a try.
11. agamhonda (unregistered)
I want my update on my HTC HD7S Mango Update!!!!!!!!
12. walid (unregistered)
one thing u have to do
link ur phone via usb,open the update via zune:1-update software-zune
2-update phone ..1rst try will get u
"ur phone is up to date"
2nd try will updating disconnect the internet manualy,u will receive the update link ,do not press it ,just link the internet again and press the update butto thats it...if u get an error msg while disconnecting at first ,try it again ,for me it took 4 reppetition ,some of my friends took them 3 times .......