HTC's long rumored 5 inch beast for Verizon smiles pretty for the camera
0. phoneArena 21 Oct 2012, 12:09 posted on
Pictures of HTC's rumored 5 inch beast for Verizon, the HTC DLX (as in deluxe) have been leaked and it is apparent that this device will be in the HTC One family; the specs suggest Qualcomm's quad-core 1.5GHz APQ8064 under the hood...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
8. THE-DARK-KNIGHT (banned) (Posts: 18; Member since: 21 Oct 2012)
I like the name DLX better than J butterfly.
42. MeoCao (unregistered)
But Butterfly is better in every other way, I like the Butterfly hard plastic design, the Verizon branding destroys the whole look of the phone.
59. No_Nonsense (Posts: 826; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
If I were from the US and a VZW customer, I'd want that logo to get a whole lot bigger. /s
71. THE-DARK-KNIGHT (banned) (Posts: 18; Member since: 21 Oct 2012)
Just so you can tell your friends- "see I have a phone from USA. You see I am from overseas, I am superior to you" honestly you are such a snob.
74. No_Nonsense (Posts: 826; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
Typical apple fan, utterly stupid. You didn't see the "/s" mark towards the end which implies sarcasm.
75. THE-DARK-KNIGHT (banned) (Posts: 18; Member since: 21 Oct 2012)
Am sorry I didn't that means sarcasm.
10. mas11 (Posts: 1026; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
They should have put that 3300 mAh one in there for amazing battery life. Seriously that should be the standard.
44. OptimusOne (Posts: 694; Member since: 22 May 2012)
i wouldn't mind a few mm more thickness for a 4000 mhamp battery
the problem with HTC is that they don't have any truely ground breaking phones with hardware that is better than anything else
a 4000 milliamp battery would do it
49. JC557 (Posts: 848; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
To be honest if HTC can give me decent battery life on my stock ICS Rezound with a 1620mAH then, assuming they kept bugs to a minimum and made the code more efficient, 2500 should be decent. Of course 3000mAH would be good but I'll wait and see... and compare it with the Note II.
46. darkskoliro (Posts: 935; Member since: 07 May 2012)
What did I tell you. Bigger battery better camera :D
47. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1064; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
YES YES YEE!
Finally the Beast is Unleashed!
I am still a little skeptical of the battery though 2500mah...will it be able to cut a 1080p screen for a day? And wasn't this supposed to have an LCD3 display....the J Butterfly ounterpart uses LCD3 for squeezing better power
What about software optimizations like how we can really use the screen on Note 2 to our advantage...does this have some new features too?
66. GalaxyNote2User (Posts: 2; Member since: 18 Oct 2012)
I am assuming that the 2500MAH battery would give just enough juice to power the 5 inch screen with 1080p resolution in a way that is similar to the 1800Mah battery found in the HTC one X - which was no good... I had to carry my charger with me even to go to the restroom lol!
68. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1064; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
yup battery should've at leat been like note 2 or razr maxx ...or even bigger like 3500mah to 4000 mah
61. Denyl (Posts: 1; Member since: 21 Oct 2012)
I hope they upgraded the capacity because it says 2020mAH here..
72. winthorpe (Posts: 10; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
Could use more, but of course it also depends on the efficiency of the phone.
What I'd like to know: is it 16:9 or 16:10? 5" 16:9 forget it; I'll pass. 5" 16:10... very interested.
73. winthorpe (Posts: 10; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
Crap. 1920x1080 is 16:9. Bye, HTC. I know some will like you.
80. D3VR04 (Posts: 28; Member since: 10 Jan 2010)
SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!
so no stylus? I suppose that rumor didn't pan out...
2. androiddownsouth (Posts: 598; Member since: 02 May 2012)
Dear God put a microSD card slot in this monster and I will beg them to take my money!
5. XPERIA-KNIGHT (Posts: 2384; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
hahaahah that would be the only thing missing right? lol
48. 4D331 (Posts: 12; Member since: 07 Oct 2012)
...it should come with a micro sd slot, coz 16gb is to weak...
b if it had its own stylus capabilities, than a large display is a useful feature..people just don't get how useful a stylus optimized phablet is, until they get the note 2...it's awesome
3. ajac09 (Posts: 1344; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
Note 2 FTW 3100 MAH battery. This would be an awesome phone but i dunno they should have put there pen they had for the htc flyer in it would have been an excellent combo but the note 2 has my heart
26. richardyarrell2011 (banned) (Posts: 510; Member since: 16 Mar 2011)
I applaud HTC and their entrance into the arena created by Samsung. I gotta tell you thou this is in comparison with the Lg Optimus G, Droid Razr Maxx Hd, Htc One X+, Samsung Galaxy S3, and Htc Evo LTE. This device doesn't touch the GALAXY NOTE 2 with a ten foot pole. The Galaxy Note 2 is an all purpose/entertaiment device something never seen before with features that can't be touched by "NO OTHER DEVICE ON THE MARKET" Samsung has nothing to worry about what so ever for the next 180 days. When the Galaxy Note 3 hits that device will hit with 2ghz processor Exynos 5250 5'8 to 6.0 screen size and 3gb of ram. Samsung owns this space my friends...
29. XPERIA-KNIGHT (Posts: 2384; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
denial much? but i guess all kids go for these days is gimmicks and unecessary features and could care less about design build and screen right?
31. Commentator (Posts: 2295; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
I wouldn't call this a Note 2 competitor anyways. The screen is an entire .5 inch smaller than the Note 2. By the way, I've seen the speculation that the DLX screen is an LCD 3, not 2. Whatever it is though, it should run circles around the Note 2's 720p "pentile-lite" screen. Again though, this will probably be positioned to take on the Optimus G, SIII, Razr HD, One X+, etc. (i.e. mainstream smartphones) rather than the Note 2.
32. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5536; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Agree with you re. HTC DLX competing with GS III, RAZR HD, etc. This is what the flagship Android handsets will be spec'd at for the 2013 model year.
Welcome to 2013.
58. ross0109 (Posts: 2; Member since: 21 Oct 2012)
It is a Super LCD 3. Super LCD 2 is a 720p screen.
38. Izzy_V (Posts: 216; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
I think the Galaxy Note series is heading in the same direction as those small pick-ups you see on the street with monster truck wheels, if you know what I mean. It does have some cool features but I can't imagine carrying that thing everywhere, let alone using it as a phone. It seems to be becoming more of an "my penis is bigger than yours because my phone has the larger screen" kind of thing.
39. XPERIA-KNIGHT (Posts: 2384; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
and thats exactly what it is man......Samsung isnt just thinking hmmmm "lets make a bigger phablet than the original" but more so "lets make it bigger and better than every one out there and make it future proof" forgetting that they are going extremely over board and pretty much forcing others to compromise with what they believe a smartphone should be! And if it werent true then instead of keeping the next galaxy, the galaxy S4, the same size you will definitely see it reach phablet territory....Now you may say well so are other companies like this HTC we have here......True! but dont forget that samsung is saying we will be first to do it and others will have to follow other wise they will do bad in business and be looked upon as not "exciting, boring, bland and all of the above"
And like i said before, instead of samsung making phablets, that are heading to be "tablets", they should stop wht they're doing and give people whats right...........BETTER BUILD QUALITY AND DESIGN!
People deserve to have a power ful AND good looking phone for the price they are paying....plain n simple
63. shuaibhere (Posts: 1297; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
if u don't like note then don't buy it.....
no need to say that samsung has no idea of what they are doing....
note 2 is aimed on specific customers,samsung din compelled you to buy....
i think you are afraid samsung making good phones than sony.....
yes,,,i was sony fan till i saw s2.......but s2 made me jump.......
53. kevkyle (Posts: 62; Member since: 21 Oct 2012)
it's the same comment you made on 'the same" article on engadget ......you must absolutely "ADORE" the NOte 2.
both phones are awesome ok ....no need to troll my friend", )
67. ojdidit84 (Posts: 253; Member since: 16 Jul 2011)
So that's where I saw that same post... Thought I'd seen it somewhere...
4. ChafedBanana (Posts: 355; Member since: 20 Sep 2011)
1080P! Finally, full HD on a phone? Do I need this? No. Do I want this? Why, certainly. Must have!
6. TheLibertine (Posts: 484; Member since: 15 Jan 2012)
Nerdvana device :p.
If only HTC or Sony would be the top Android hardware manufacturers...
7. toiletcleaner (Posts: 183; Member since: 10 Oct 2012)
to bad im not in verizon anymore. but i would like to see this device side by side whit the Note 2. decisions... decisions
11. THE-DARK-KNIGHT (banned) (Posts: 18; Member since: 21 Oct 2012)
So folks this should be the end of the galaxy note era. This phone is the grandfather of iPhone 5, galaxy s3, htc one x and Motorola razrs and all other phones that we called 'beast' phones. But why do we need a mind blowing 1080p display when are eyes can't see pixels beyond 300ppi?
12. XPERIA-KNIGHT (Posts: 2384; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
2500 should be good but to be honest with a 5 inch 1080p S LCD 2 screen!! it certainly wont be amazing thats for sure
but at least they didnt make themselves look retarded by putting a 2100 mAh battery this time lol
25. XPERIA-KNIGHT (Posts: 2384; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
hey you're right man my mistake good looking out :)
13. techspace (Posts: 530; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
actually, the 1080 display would have been more reasonable on the galaxy note 2..........htc has pushed it into this 5 inch phone because that would make it the only phone of its kind, its good for marketing....
14. g2a5b0e (Posts: 2105; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
The end of the Galaxy Note era? Seriously? Whichever phone you prefer is your choice, but get real. There's no possible way this phone will sell better than the Note just on Verizon. Let alone the fact that the Note will be available on the other 3 major carriers, too. The Note already has the recognition. At this point, everyone else is just trying to play catch up.
18. THE-DARK-KNIGHT (banned) (Posts: 18; Member since: 21 Oct 2012)
Krait quad core is the boss accept it. Only if apple could have used that swift architecture in a quad core processor we would have two bosses but too bad they're aim was to beat tegra and exynos. Anyway, this phone is from the future- note 2 has a 720p display this thing has 1080p. Best of all, it crushes the note 2 in design. Good work HTC. I hope you, the true competitor to apple rise.
27. g2a5b0e (Posts: 2105; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
I never said the S4 pro wasn't a faster processor. Of course it is, but how much of that are you gonna notice in real-world computing? You're not. They're both gonna be lag-free phones, so who cares, really? Also, you just compared 720 vs. 1080 on 5 in screens. OMG, wow. I don't think anyone's gonna be complaining & most eyes won't perceive the difference anyway. Software is where the Note kills this phone. Multi-window, S-Beam, Stylus apps, & more. I think this will be a great phone. No doubt. But, HTC does nothing to differentiate themselves from the competition elsewhere. We'll end up seeing that processor in so many different phones. Show me an awesome user experience. Something that stands out.This will be another One X. A great phone that could have been so much better & just won't see any critical success in the market.
30. THE-DARK-KNIGHT (banned) (Posts: 18; Member since: 21 Oct 2012)
Those are software advantages- it's like saying I suck at studies but I am good at sports.
64. shuaibhere (Posts: 1297; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
the point is....this will not fulfill the purpose of phablet but note 2 does it perfectly.....
note 2 wins anyway.......
20. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5540; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
making the sales argument is a sign of defeat in the aspects that actually matter...
15. Owlet (Posts: 446; Member since: 21 Feb 2011)
I'll buy 2 of those (one for full retail :( ). Please HTC, take my money.
16. gregoryyy3 (Posts: 93; Member since: 10 Nov 2010)
Apples my favorite but I do love htc :) this is gonna put my iPhone 5 to shame haha
17. PAPINYC (Posts: 2187; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
Looks like the REZOUND I just sold last week. By the way, what were those God-awful pictures taken with? They're just hideous quality.
(My guess is, because of the strange hue, they were taken with an iPhone 5)
65. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5536; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
"My guess is, because of the strange hue, they were taken with an iPhone 5"
GIven the lens flare (the hue you are referring to), you could be on to something. Wouldn't that be a crack-up (tipster could have taken a better photo with another Android phone...)?
40. Max_Boost (Posts: 46; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)