HTC's latest complaint against Apple is heading to the ITC
0. phoneArena 27 Sep 2011, 22:46 posted on
5 patents recently obtained by HTC from Google are at the nexus of a complaint that the Taiwan based company has made against Apple; the International Trade Commission said it will investigate the charge and has 45 days to give an estimate of when it will make a final ruling...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Sam (unregistered)
2. Lucas777 (Posts: 2121; Member since: 06 Jan 2011)
great... google is giving patents free to a taiwanese company so even more money will be sucked out of the american economy, probably never to return... way to go google..
3. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 2840; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
This wouldnt even be happening if Apple didnt have their patents so far up their asses and sueing everybody for fear of competition.
5. Lucas777 (Posts: 2121; Member since: 06 Jan 2011)
LOL when microsoft obviously by the article did it first... and honestly apple doesnt do it more or first before anyone else... everyone just choses to bash them because people like u will quickly and always read it... and i dont really understand because apple is a great demonstration of an american company...
7. Whateverman (Posts: 3150; Member since: 17 May 2009)
Google is protecting it's own intrest, not so much HTCs. Apple is trying to set precedence with these lawsuits against all these OEMs, so that when they finally take Google on, they will have some ammo. So it's kind of like one American company protecting itself from another. Just MHO!
4. Dr.Phil (Posts: 813; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
Ok, well to a bunch of Americans we would rather give them money than to have no HTC devices offered here.
14. Dr.Phil (Posts: 813; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
Yes, to help protect one of Android's largest device supplier.
22. remixfa (Posts: 13901; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
technically its a COUNTERsuite.. that means apple sued first.
20. theBankRobber (Posts: 640; Member since: 22 Sep 2011)
Except Apple has all of its production companies in OTHER COUNTRIES. Nothing from Apple helps out America, I have never seen Apple help out our country, all they do is keep their profits to them selves. Hell Microsoft gave billions of their dollars charity while Apple brags about having 78 billion in cash and not a penny of it ever helped out an American.
24. Lucas777 (Posts: 2121; Member since: 06 Jan 2011)
apple doesnt brag about it.. thats just u sucking everything the media gives u which is very sad in itself… and apples contribution to stimulating the economy is very good… and please find me proof of such "jobs"… cause all i know of are at apples campus and at various retailers around the world--most in america… the out of sees jobs are not apple and are because of samsung, foxconn, etc..
8. ivanko34 (Posts: 617; Member since: 04 Sep 2011)
That's a present for apple
Apple loves lawsuits
9. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
These court battles seem to be coming to a head where soon we'll have a clear idea fo who wins what and how it will affect the industry.
Hopefully Apple gets some big victories which lead to monster licensing fees for android. That should finish off Google's already buggy malware infested platform and kill off the only thing they're doing well in, market share.
Google should stick to search and stealing people's data.
10. Whateverman (Posts: 3150; Member since: 17 May 2009)
Why do you want Android finished so badly? You said earlier you didn't want Android products banned. So is Android's dimise what you really want?
13. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 2840; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
You do realize Taco if there was no other OS there would be competition. Competition = better products, lower prices, and better support.
If there was no competition apple could just tell you to eff off and not use their products.
11. Mr.Mr.Upgrade (Posts: 408; Member since: 30 Aug 2011)
It's 4g lte dual core or bust for next Apple, if not, 3g means u behind
12. Brock Samson (unregistered)
Android has a huge market share advantage over iOS because a significant majority of people prefer Android.... so if Android really is as bad as you say it is than just how crappy must iOS be for soooo many people to prefer the buggy malware infested Android over it?
18. dacastrator (Posts: 232; Member since: 22 Sep 2011)
and I thought you currently have an android phone.
15. som (Posts: 768; Member since: 10 Nov 2009)
Now all companies in the World must start filing Patents lawsuits against Apple, because Apple copied every thing from them.