HTC's Gordon warns kid who leaked The All New HTC One on video
0. phoneArena 03 Mar 2014, 00:26 posted on
On Sunday, we showed you a video of The All New HTC One that was filmed February 19th, and posted on social media Sunday by a kid named Roshan Jamkatel. During the video, the kid says that the phone is not yet available, and does everything he can to cover up the device's unique IMEI number posted on the back of the device...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Kishin (Posts: 580; Member since: 30 May 2013)
That Design in the video is a downgrade, cant believe its final....
24. LiyanaBG (Posts: 288; Member since: 07 Nov 2013)
its complete upgrade specs/ software and design wise. its very beautiful phone. nothing downgrade about the M8 you must be drank.
37. alrightihatepickingusernames (Posts: 312; Member since: 29 Dec 2013)
I'm gonna have to disagree, I think M8 looks fantastic.
38. nexusdude (Posts: 142; Member since: 22 Aug 2013)
Both S5 and M8 look uglier than their predecessor. WTF design language of 2014.
The iPhone 6 will probably have a 4 inch screen on the iPad body.
60. nexusdude (Posts: 142; Member since: 22 Aug 2013)
This is not part of the question, the iPad is unquestionably sexy. What I mean is that manufacturers are forgetting how important the screen to body ratio is, thus the joke for an iPad sized iPhone with a 4 inch screen.
64. techaman (unregistered)
lol there it is apple can do no wrong right kishin give it up apple is no longer the top dog the world has spoken plus its not going to be out in india or wherever you are from
82. Kishin (Posts: 580; Member since: 30 May 2013)
Apple is top and they know how to design, here the US the iPhone is common some brands are not known to some people..I live in Washington and everyone has iPhone or Samsung..There are many brands that i never even knew existed till i found phone arena in early 2013 but i do stand for 3 platforms..
85. LevelingTheDebate (Posts: 8; Member since: 04 Mar 2014)
iPhone 6 will not be much of an increase in size. They are conservative and will stick with the easy one hand use philosophy, so I cannot see that being over 4.8 at max. The rumors of two sizes is a joke as that doesn't agree with Apple guidelines. (They have a 7.9 inch mini for a larger but compact iOS) and will stick to only a single size for the phone to make it easier for developers to create applications.
36. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5464; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
In my opinion if an kid is able to leak a big companie's such like HTC secrets then it is HTC's problem and it is pathetic to threaten kid instead of facing own problem - inability to avoid leaks!
39. ngo2dd (Posts: 780; Member since: 08 Jul 2011)
Not really, his parent was a tester and the dumb kid told it and upload a video. Stuff like that happen when the kids are too stupidly to know not to upload product that has not be released
42. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5464; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Then go and deal with his parents instead of scaring kid online!
91. Jillxz (Posts: 146; Member since: 04 Jun 2012)
And the parents as testers, should keep this private from the kid.He has no business knowing "his parents businrss ," lol .
41. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5464; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Congratulations Jeff Gordon (HTC Senior Global Online Communications Manager), you just did bigger damage for HTC by scaring kid online than this leak did to HTC! It is very interesting how person with such thinking managed to reach such high position in such big company like HTC ?! Next time before writing something like that go and visit marketing department for clever advice! ;)
59. corporateJP (Posts: 1520; Member since: 28 Nov 2009)
Nobody said executives are smart, most either give great lip service (read: "lip service") or they paid for a piece of paper from some Ivy League school where they mastered in Frat Party 101.
Look around at corporate fail rates these days...
83. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5464; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
I don't think that he is stupid, I just think that it was not wise move which may bring negative reactions from people since it looks a bit like a kids scaring.
65. techaman (unregistered)
they sheppy since when does telling a kids parent there in trouble for something the kid did ever stop a kid, in america you cant touch your kid spaken his dad should smack the crap out of him, take all his things away sell them, but it will never happen so telling the teen that did the leak its not gonna be a good week for you is not threatening
63. techaman (unregistered)
its beautiful everyone loves it but this kishin guy who means nothing the biggest problems with the phone have been fixed now it will be a huge hit.
79. downphoenix (Posts: 2269; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
HTC is such a douche company that they are going to take legal action on this kid, when the problem lies in their supply chain which is very faulty. Im sure this phone will be a flop and they are trying to desperately cover that up before it launches.
32. hassoups (Posts: 255; Member since: 06 Jun 2013)
Wait till Heisenberg blows up HTC headquarters and Gordon comes out mutilated..
3. cripton805 (Posts: 907; Member since: 18 Mar 2012)
Whats different anyway? He did them a favor.
5. zuckerboy (Posts: 898; Member since: 22 Dec 2011)
wow its bad for him. and I dont like that rounded corners and htc logo on bottom
6. ocilfa (Posts: 329; Member since: 03 Aug 2012)
The comments from Jeff Gordon sounds like he's going to do a drive by.
11. xperiaDROID (limited) (Posts: 5075; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Jamkatel should prepare an AK-47 just in case.
7. skyline88 (Posts: 287; Member since: 15 Jul 2013)
typical nonsense marketing BS by desperate HTC
25. LiyanaBG (Posts: 288; Member since: 07 Nov 2013)
HTC is not good at marketing if what you saying true they must have hired samsung for the marketing of the M8.
8. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 2709; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Poor kid its htc's responsibility to stop leaks and stealth of prototype.
15. Dr.Phil (Posts: 871; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
Any type of "leak" is considered illegal unless the company forgets to have contracts signed by their employees. Every phone company makes their employees sign contracts that state they will not leak any information to the public without the consent and knowledge of the manufacturer. So, in this case, the kid broke a legal binding contract and has to answer for it or whoever gave him the phone will have to answer for it.
17. xperiaDROID (limited) (Posts: 5075; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Maybe the person who gave him the phone works at HTC.
19. Dr.Phil (Posts: 871; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
That is very possible, which as I said means that they both will be in trouble. The one will have to answer for breaching his contract and the kid will have to somehow justify that he didn't know it was an unannounced device and that he didn't know it was wrong to do what he did (which would be very hard to argue in court considering in his video he said that he knew it was an unannounced device).
28. outlawog (Posts: 47; Member since: 27 Nov 2013)
In the UK, we have a law that protects minors (Under 18). This kid would definitely not be charged for anything If this was in the UK
45. rob5150 (Posts: 103; Member since: 31 Oct 2011)
I'm pretty sure the kid didn't sign an agreement not to show phone.
The kid is innocent. Go after the parents if thats who signed it. And at that point what can they really do. Again, some big dufus in a big role in a company went out on his own and made comments that in turn will probably have HTC fire him. And not do anything against people that made a video.
69. Dr.Phil (Posts: 871; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
They can fire the parents for breaking the contract, which according to some sources is what happened. Also, I wouldn't say the kid is "innocent" as he even states in the video that he is presenting an unannounced device for everyone to see. That suggests he knows at least a little bit about what he is doing. Maybe he's not totally at fault, but he is far from being innocent. He even tried to hide the tracking information on the back which suggests he had some knowledge of what he was doing.
87. b1acktiger (Posts: 204; Member since: 19 May 2012)
His parents signed an NDA with HTC. They are the just too careless and dumb. Should screw up those guys taking legal actions. They just ruined hundreds of peoples day night work for years.
9. umerkhan (Posts: 19; Member since: 12 Feb 2014)
GOD BLESS that kid...dat is HTC fault bcox they should'nt have given those prototypes to anyone..they need to learn who is suppose to use these confidential p.types...
10. xperiaDROID (limited) (Posts: 5075; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
This is HTC's fault for not being careful of protecting the prototype from leaking, so they can't blame the person who leaked it. Anyway, thanks to Jamkatel for leaking the All New One in it's full glory, salute to you!
61. mrblah (Posts: 408; Member since: 22 Jan 2013)
why don't you stop? stop coming to this site, no one like you.
13. pwnarena (Posts: 827; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
marketing marketing marketing
htc will be in the news for a while after this
77. moolotovzz (Posts: 24; Member since: 12 Mar 2013)
Totally agree! I can bet that most of the leaks are designed and leaked by the same company and serves as PR to raise the hype about upcoming product.
16. corporateJP (Posts: 1520; Member since: 28 Nov 2009)
If this wasn't a plant to begin with, the kid did them a favor...
22. JMartin22 (Posts: 713; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
If this isn't a publicity stunt, then that HTC corporate head is a douchebag. Their bleeding revenue hardware can use all the free media publicity it can get.
78. alrightihatepickingusernames (Posts: 312; Member since: 29 Dec 2013)
How? This only hurts the product. Would you rather some squeeky stuttering kid who appeared to have very little idea of what he was talking about unveiling your product? Or somebody with decent presentation skills and knowledge of the product? This guy deserves to be pissed.
80. downphoenix (Posts: 2269; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
Well then they should unveil it themselves now instead of waiting until the 25th. Douche company.