HTC writes down $40 million on OnLive gaming investment
0. phoneArena posted on 20 Aug 2012, 01:45
HTC’s situation just isn’t getting much better recently - the company sales have been in a decline for a couple of quarters and now HTC said it will book a $40 million loss…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
10. dmckay12 posted on 21 Aug 2012, 16:38 1 0
It is awesome. You basically play PC/console games on your phone. All the processing is done off device (the finished product is streamed to your phone), so the only thing that you really need is a really fast data connection.
2. LiudvikasLTU posted on 20 Aug 2012, 01:58 6 1
Now this is sad :/ I love HTC, and I would'nt wan't it bancrupt. They make solid phones from good materials, not from plasty plastic like most of samsung phones.
5. preet27in posted on 20 Aug 2012, 03:23 1 0
exactly right. htc is one of the best build quality phones and best ui sense. so far. i love htc phones. atleast they dont look cheaper like samsung phones. best of luck htc
3. Fuego84 posted on 20 Aug 2012, 02:33 1 1
It's a gaming cloud service, it allows you to play console games on your phone with an option to buy said games. It's pretty good if you have Wi-Fi available. I've played Darksiders and dirt 3 on my HTC one S and it was good, well on Wi-Fi, it claims you can also game thru 3g but it lags so much it's unplayable. Also i read it works with a lot of devices tablets, phones etc.
6. joey_sfb posted on 20 Aug 2012, 06:42 0 0
Problem with HTC are
1) Samsung is a strong competitor which have manufacturing advantages.
2) Mimicking the iPhone hardware design in their HTC One series, non removable battery, no SD card slot, Android user hate restrictions.
3) Sense interface is more a curse than a blessing these days; mostly due to the bad rep of the past, people still think its CPU/resources intensive, drain more battery than touchwiz.
4) Only die hard HTC fan would buy their phone solely for the sense experience that don't amount much in sales volume.
To survive give the user what they want instead of what you want them to have.
7. babyk posted on 20 Aug 2012, 06:47 0 0
trust me sense 4.1 turns every thing around for htc and they need to have mroe phones with sense 4.1 that will help with sales becasue at the moment sense is much better and smoother than any other ui out there
8. squeeb posted on 20 Aug 2012, 10:44 0 0
"It’s believed that the technology just couldn’t give enough of a noticeable improvement in sound to be justified."
Beats audio price not justified? SHOCKING!!
9. yadunandan posted on 20 Aug 2012, 14:16 0 0
HTC needs to be more agile in the market and come up with UI and feature related improvements quickly. Better, faster hardware, ample RAM memory and GPU speed and memory are the things it needs to master and get back in the market quickly to counter Samsung.
HTC needs to ramp up their software department to enable quick updates to Android and remain attractive in the market.
The gaming and music investments were really strategic and futuristic. It would have propelled HTC to the iPhone league. However, it takes huge investments and failure can be fatal if the revenues are not stable.