HTC working on a Siri-esque app?
0. phoneArena 22 Jun 2012, 16:24 posted on
Making fun of voice controlled virtual personal assistants like S Voice and Siri, HTC has been showing a totally made up conversation between a dog and a virtual assistant; obviously a gag, the joke was sent out by the 'Taiwan based manufacturer via a tweet...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. networkdood (Posts: 6329; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Reading that exchange between SPOT and the personal assistant was funny.
2. gallitoking (Posts: 4693; Member since: 17 May 2011)
Siri a wortheless app huh?.. next up is Moto
6. Santi_Santi (unregistered)
still a sheep... nothing is gonna change right? thats the point...
9. Santi_Santi (unregistered)
dont worry, if you dont want to make this conversation about you, you should better keep playing with your iPhone and leave the news alone...
14. gallitoking (Posts: 4693; Member since: 17 May 2011)
weak comeback... anyways..did you stutter?.. I mean your name.. but ok u will be gone tomorrow..
21. legion77 (Posts: 2; Member since: 22 Jun 2012)
being a sheep is better than being a cunt ... u pathethic cuntdroid fanboy
30. angelesmec (unregistered)
8. remixfa (Posts: 14223; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
they just use Siri as a buzz word to get trolls in here to read the article. If the article simply was "HTC to make improvements to its voice command system", would you have read it? no.... i didnt think so
19. gallitoking (Posts: 4693; Member since: 17 May 2011)
well it back fire because the only Apple troll is me but the fandroids.. are almost all of them here and we know you guys dont troll right?
31. remixfa (Posts: 14223; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
nah, your not the only iNut here... your just the only one with name brand recognition.
I wasnt going to post on this article, heck I didnt even think about opening it until the conversation markers started going, then I wanted to see who was having the food fight.
32. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
"nah, your not the only iNut here... your just the only one with name brand recognition."
23. frydaexiii (Posts: 1241; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
Just because manufacturers find it useful doesn't mean users do. They're doing this probably just to attract the iCrowd who think voice commands are exclusive to the iPhone. I have a Galaxy S3 for almost 2 weeks and haven't touched S Voice other than to turn it off when I double tap the home button.
3. Santi_Santi (unregistered)
wooof wooof bark!
11. wendygarett (unregistered)
Bah... Meh... :)
29. angelesmec (unregistered)
predator vs prey? ^_^
10. SlimSoulja86 (Posts: 642; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
So from now on I guess every voice assistant will be Siri-wannabe. This is pathetic as these features has bn on these fones,4 like, ever. If only I could wake uP one day and ppl had stopped compering every voice assistant to Siri or calling it a copy of Siri.
12. wendygarett (unregistered)
Dog fans vs sheep fans :)
13. jove39 (Posts: 1361; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Well...I feel bad about how oem try to follow trends...Android already have a voice command system...which works fine...its not interactive as siri but is good enough to follow commands...I am sure many people around me at work have iPhone4s...never ever saw/heard anyone interacting with Siri...its more like a fun feature of iPhone than a usable...but still its best known imlementation till now in a mobile device...credit for this should go to original developers of app and then Apple for its marketing.
Now, google should try to collabrate efforts between various oems for features like this...so that they all can work together for mutual benefit...just a recent example I can think of...If anyone have interest in cars will uinderstand...toyota and subaru together developed a car and they are selling it under their own brands (Toyota GT-86, Scion FR-S, Subaru BRZ)...cost of development is reduced and they are enoying benefits of each other's knowledge.
15. gallitoking (Posts: 4693; Member since: 17 May 2011)
Google voice sucks , Android already recognized, is widely known that fandroids dont recognized even if it hits them in the face.Google voice.. lol. so bottom line fandroids go against Android.. right..
24. frydaexiii (Posts: 1241; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
Yeah, it sucks but at least they made it themselves and not just buy it from someone and claim they made it. Besides, it works pretty well now, especially with vlingo and the whole array of other voice assistant available.
25. jove39 (Posts: 1361; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Certaiinly...you don't know what is google voice...do you?
34. gallitoking (Posts: 4693; Member since: 17 May 2011)
well I tried to talk to google voice once but it never understood me.. Siri does.. nothing wrong with that
35. remixfa (Posts: 14223; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
gallito, we barely understand you while your typing. I cant imagine the horrors that google voice has trying to understand you. :) :)
17. networkdood (Posts: 6329; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Wow, Siri is the first voice command app ever.....
18. maryaaadil (Posts: 146; Member since: 07 Apr 2012)
Siri is not the first.
I think Nokia had one before that.
20. gallitoking (Posts: 4693; Member since: 17 May 2011)
is not the first but so far is the best.. nobody remembers second best...
btw.. the jetsons had it first
26. aztaxia12295 (Posts: 267; Member since: 22 Nov 2009)
so i wouldnt have to constantly tell my dog to shut up?
28. Gmaheshzx (Posts: 2; Member since: 16 Dec 2011)
Isheep- meh meh meeeeeeeeh
Isheep- meeeh meah
Siri- ur boss arrives at 10 o clock