HTC will ditch 'quietly brilliant' slogan, confirms HTC One delayed because of camera supply issues
0. phoneArena 25 Mar 2013, 07:35 posted on
HTC has delayed its One flagship Android phone for late April due to camera shortages, but the company plans to radically change its marketing approach. The first step?…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. wendygarett (unregistered)
Poor HTC :)
4. wiiandds (Posts: 64; Member since: 15 Mar 2013)
I agree. They should have had more made if that was the camera they wanted to use
12. Topcat488 (Posts: 1393; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
Okay cool, so now you (HTC) go from "Quietly Brilliant", to "Loudly Stupid"...
If the camera is not ready on time, which delays the shipments, run and tell it to the king... "The Sky is Falling", shout it to the world.
23. Abbath (Posts: 99; Member since: 16 Sep 2012)
or "Loudly Childish" xD
not a hater just contributing to slogan ideas xD
56. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Loudly Arrogant ... because they slept with the enemy so "iNduction cloned" :D
8. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
Nice avatar Wendy.
16. tech2 (Posts: 3349; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
its not her. Its the famous YouTube vlogger, iJustine
58. Dastrix (unregistered)
Well, then what Mr. Benjamin Ho really meant was "We have a lot of innovations but we have been too quietly brilliant."
2. androidlikeaboss (Posts: 40; Member since: 16 Nov 2012)
Good job HTC! Show Samsung and its fanboys what you've got!
3. jsdechavez (Posts: 727; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
While HTC and others were innovating, Samsung was on full marketing and promotion of their excellent Galaxy flagships (and with it, unfortunately, comes most of the bloatware S features that I never use). About time HTC plays rough.
27. MrJerry (Posts: 403; Member since: 05 Oct 2012)
Getting tired of people like you.....
In your theory, can I say the entire idea of blink feed and zoe are blotwares? If not please tell me the difference and don't get me wrong cause I don't think they are blotwares
34. SleepingOz (unregistered)
"How to disable/remove Blinkfeed?" was one of the first question asked about the HTC ONE on XDA.
35. phljcnth (Posts: 481; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
That's because only Samsung can do innovations and smart marketing all at once. Ain't HTC trying to do the same things Samsung has been doing? They're desperate 'cause they're near to their last ball.
40. chocolaking (Posts: 494; Member since: 22 May 2012)
Full on marketing is the key to make money!
Innovation is not a key to grow the company.
5. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
They shouldn't think about Ultrapixels, just put a 16 MP camera on the phone and its good to go right? (Sigh) Poor HTC! :(
11. zaxcer (Posts: 1; Member since: 14 Feb 2013)
That's the problem with everyone. How about getting some innovation rather than going by the same s**t always?
25. tusshharish (Posts: 342; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
but who said it to use that crap for very great flagship........they should launch it first in midranger phone and should see result ..........if it sucesses then use to flagship............many people go with 'z' because of camera.......
31. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
I'm using the Z, and I can say that the camera is nice, but not the best.
44. b1acktiger (Posts: 223; Member since: 19 May 2012)
That's a very stupid idea. just keep it in your mind.
21. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1163; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
they already put 16mp on a phone. but nothing happened. lol
6. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
“We have a lot of innovations but we haven’t been loud enough”
Yep, they should ditch that slogan, and change it to show that how big-mouthed they have been, like how Peter Chou said they want to beat Samsung, how they rubbished Nokia's Pureview technology, how they appeared in Samsung's Galaxy S4 event and how they exchanged trolling remarks with Samsung UK in Twitter.
I couldnt think of any ideas for them. Do drop in some suggestions. :D
Dont get me wrong, i dont hate HTC; i like their products more than Samsung's, just being sarcastic, because they have been loud but in my opinion some of their innovations doesnt live up to my expectations. They only have the rights to be loud mouthed if they can deliver what consumers expect.
9. tiara6918 (Posts: 2019; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
I'll miss that quietly brilliant logo...
10. Smart (Posts: 76; Member since: 20 Aug 2011)
A typo there Victor...it should be "Quietly Brilliant"
And about HTC going fierce is a good news for the Android market.....All manufacturers of Android phones are doing excellent jobs with offering the consumers a host of choices....
My heart is set for the HTC One...but one cannot go wrong with Galaxy S4 too....
13. RomeoJDR (Posts: 244; Member since: 09 Dec 2011)
Delaying the release of a phone for a camera with performance no one is raving about besides HTC
17. anshul0000 (unregistered)
dont appreciate innovation?
22. wendygarett (unregistered)
Boomsound with non-pentile 1080p screen :)
19. anshul0000 (unregistered)
htc is working hard to promote the One...especially in India....
29. pyradark (Posts: 824; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
Quietly Losing Money!!
The delay will really hit HTC bad, no matter how many ads they make, after people eyed on Xperia Z, this time people will GO for S4. So good bye HTC
33. tll84 (Posts: 13; Member since: 28 Jul 2012)
"It has also kicked off “#theNextBigFlop” Twitter campaign against Samsung."
Yikes, they might need to check the definition of 'flop' because I think they might be a little out of touch with reality.
36. gazmend (Posts: 6; Member since: 08 Dec 2010)
i had a htc one x+ and now a have galaxy s3 and a must say that galaxy s3 is so far better than htc one x+ (battery live is very very much better than htc , the lag in htc is so frustrated me, the display man its like you wathch plasma vs Led ( amoled),camer is better than htc around 20% etc) sory for bad english
41. chocolaking (Posts: 494; Member since: 22 May 2012)
Sorry, I can not agree with your comparison. I am pretty sure you are just making shiat up. you are here just to trash htc. So I gave you a vote down.
45. gazmend (Posts: 6; Member since: 08 Dec 2010)
no really a had a htc one x + am not trash a love sense clock but notificaton bar it so lagy when you make a call recive sms mail , lag when you open contact and some apps like browser etc
60. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4273; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Actually, if I remember correctly, the Tegra 3 in the One X+ scored similarly in benchmarks to the Exynos 4412 in the S3. It was Sense that made it laggy.
50. gazmend (Posts: 6; Member since: 08 Dec 2010)
and yes you must push the right up (volume up down) plastic to have good wifi signal you will know what a mean if you hav htc one x
47. yajia1 (Posts: 151; Member since: 22 Aug 2012)
I hear you. I had the One X and replaced it with S3 when I lost it. So happy with the decision. Everything else is better with the Galaxy S3. Smoother UI, I can readily disable Touchwiz out of the box without root (Sense cant be disabled, it will still run even if I am using Nova Launcher), so much better battery and pretty much everything else except for the design and the screen. The One X's screen's just so gorgeous. I guess the same will be the case between One and S4. Don't know about the new screen though. Reviews about the screen of S4 seems rosy.
49. gazmend (Posts: 6; Member since: 08 Dec 2010)
yes but now a like much more the display on s3 ist so black which was not with one x+
55. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Blame the CPU it's Tegra3 not Htc or Android
37. preet27in (banned) (Posts: 173; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
thats good to hear htc iS moving on with emphasis on marketing, a very good step rather. ur the best phone makers htc .BEST OF LUCK. CHEERS
38. preet27in (banned) (Posts: 173; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
WE WILL MISS UR "QUIETLY BRILLIANT LOGO:.. BUT CHEERS !!!!
39. SleepingOz (unregistered)
While you're at it, HTC, try to fix its "premium" build as well!
48. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
I can honestly say the following issues will most likely be present on the HTC One when more people get their handsets judging by precedent.
Chips or flaking like the iPhone 5 and black One S
A gap on the Sim tray slot. I swear, it seems like they don't even check the clearance and pass everything.
A gap near the camera lens and flash.
Light leakage through the USB port
Ear piece hiss, not sure but might be a beats or amp thing
Loose and rattling volume rocker.
Loose screen or able to discolour the edge of the screen if you squeeze hard enough.
And many more...their quality control is really bad and they pass everything. If that handset in that picture wasn't drop and actually passed inspection, then they are even worse than last year and last year was bad with One X and 8x.
51. SherlockHolmes (Posts: 125; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
My Friend Premium Quality Material never means it is unbreakable !!
It means it has exceptional well quality then the Plastic Used by the Samsung Galaxy S4 !!
52. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Exceptional quality indeed!
57. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Aluminum manufacturing has high carbon footprint that plastic i think.
61. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1163; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
lol. now i believe that nokia N8 is the best aluminum bodied phone.
46. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
If they really want to win their customers back, their next slogan should be...
Our quality control doesn't suck anymore and there are no more massive manufacturing defects, I swear!
53. daniel_bargs (Posts: 325; Member since: 27 Nov 2010)
having a hard time producing a 4mp camera because the earth is currently producing 13mp cameras nowadays.
technology only goes forward.