HTC wants to dominate the smartphone market... in Myanmar
1. RaKithAPeiRiZ posted on 14 Jan 2013, 07:56 9
thats like Apple wanting to dominate the market in Somalia
11. MeoCao (unregistered) posted on 14 Jan 2013, 11:26 2
Running away from SS can lead HTC to new frontiers :)
2. itiswhatitis posted on 14 Jan 2013, 08:41 8
That's because HTC CEO was born in a town call Mandalay in Myanmar and now the country is open for business I think he's trying to do something good back there.
3. Dastrix posted on 14 Jan 2013, 08:55 2
It's nice to see a smartphone company care by allowing users to type in their native language, a feature so often overlooked nowadays. With the mid-range smartphones, availability of this feature will be much appreciated.
4. TBomb posted on 14 Jan 2013, 08:58 1
in my opinion, if HTC wants to dominate in any market, they're going to need better battery life on their phones. Had 4 different rezounds from them and each one last less than 10 hours with 4g/3g/wifi off.
7. AfterShock posted on 14 Jan 2013, 09:35 1
Focus, and they lost it.
Poor vision, slow updates and little short comings on their behalf is why this is my last HTC.
8. xtremesv posted on 14 Jan 2013, 09:51 1
Repeatedly I have said HTC needs a more global approach if they want to survive but certainly Myanmar is not what I was talking about.
9. gwuhua1984 posted on 14 Jan 2013, 10:28 0
That's one of the things I like about HTC. They have Chinese input on all their phones, and I need it to talk to the people outside the country. Myanmar seems like a good choice, I once received an partnership offer for a venture to create/strengthen cell market there.
10. jdep1 (banned) posted on 14 Jan 2013, 10:40 0
HTC bring a phone like the hd2 that is capable of dual booting, has amazing hardware & I'll give you my business again. I would buy nothing but HTC devices back then but now Samsung has my money.
13. dinG1 posted on 14 Jan 2013, 15:41 1
This article misses a whole big point. It won't be a huge market for sure at least for now, but it it is worth mentioning Peter Chou was born and bred in Myanmar before settling in Taiwan. He hosted the event speaking Myanmar language, needless to mention HTC develop Burmese characters there.