HTC to start ‘a new sound and camera experience in 2013’
0. phoneArena 05 Feb 2013, 03:15 posted on
HTC might not be in its best form lately with its fortunes declining rapidly as Samsung and Apple are overtaking the market…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. emadshiny (Posts: 1144; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
so M7 would be a 5-incher. its a good news.
12. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3389; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
I think it is 4.7 or 4.8 to be exact. It doesn't hit the 5 inch mark... Victor??
Well, this reminds me of HTC before they released the 1X...they pretty much bragged about it too. Not saying it's a bad cameraphone, but it didn't live up to the expectation.
21. cripton805 (Posts: 1210; Member since: 18 Mar 2012)
What were you expecting at the time?
It was the best.
2. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
lets hope its not just on sprint this time around HTC...
10. Jonathan41 (Posts: 532; Member since: 22 Mar 2012)
It's coming out for major all carriers in the US
11. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
where was that confirmed?
3. 90ninjas (unregistered)
Genuine question: Why is it called "M7" ?
16. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3389; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Googled it and lots of uneven answers popped up.
But if they are going the DNA line, M7 is a type gene...dangerous gene. I don't know if that's an answer...but i'm just saying, lol.
4. cezarepc (Posts: 674; Member since: 23 Nov 2012)
It's the camera and battery department where HTC has been lagging behind. Fix both and they may have a flagship to top the food chain.
14. jroc74 (Posts: 5731; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
Camera....not really. Battery ....definitely yes. They have gotten better with battery life lately....starting with the One line. The DNA is nice too. My Rezound camera is very nice.
HTC and Samsung has always had decent cameras. Might not be the best....but not far from the best. My fav Android manufacture Motorola..they have been lagging behind in the camera dept.
24. mobileexpert55 (Posts: 5; Member since: 31 Jan 2013)
Don't talk abt Samsung here its a really bulky s**t...al who prefer Samsung are from hell
5. wendygarett (unregistered)
It's not funny especially the picture of 1839 :(
6. wendygarett (unregistered)
And I'm sorry to say that iphone4s camera is way better even its one year late :(
9. darkskoliro (Posts: 1065; Member since: 07 May 2012)
My girlfriend has a 4s, I have a butterfly, she feels bad if she brings out her phone to take pictures because the butterfly is actually that much better .
7. jiezel91 (Posts: 67; Member since: 28 Jul 2011)
Weird that there was not even a mention of Nokia in the timeline that HTC released. Nokia probably did create a lot of innovation in the mobile phone camera space as well as Sony Ericsson in the past decade.
The one that created this at HTC must have lived in an alternate universe for the past decade. xD
8. tiara6918 (Posts: 1948; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
m7 is the time for them to prove their "amazing camera" and "authentic sound" because so far they haven't released a product that tops the competition in both the camera and sound department
23. Dastrix (unregistered)
Yet, they got the guts to call the 808 unimpressive.. I really hope HTC's got an ace up its sleeve with the M7 to make such a bold statement.
13. Jonathan41 (Posts: 532; Member since: 22 Mar 2012)
HTC loves to use there camera and sound capabilities as the main marketing points but, That never really been the reason I bought an HTC. What about the Screen and Processor? The "Video-pic" camera on my One X is awesome but, the quality of the picture were pretty much average. The Beats audio does make a difference as well but, I don't think ether one of these features deserved their own individual marketing campagnes. I hope marketing focuses on the phone as a whole this time around instead of just segregated features. Take some hints from Samsung's book.
15. jsdechavez (Posts: 712; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
They're tryna tackle the Nokia 808 this time. They may raise the bar even higher but we know how inconsistent HTC cameras are. We never know, HTC may come out with a winner this time.
17. pyradark (Posts: 820; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
just be sure HTC that you will show something different this time, or else people would not get a chance to look at your device even it has 51 megapixel or ultra beats sound effect or what so ever.
18. p5yb0rg (unregistered)
hey HTC, how about a new battery experience?
20. gwuhua1984 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
So all I see is camera camera camera... where's the part about the sound?
HTC will need to get better loudspeaker quality... tinny most of the time. Plus, I would prefer better picture quality under low light than high pixels.
22. cripton805 (Posts: 1210; Member since: 18 Mar 2012)
The thing I dislike about HTC, is that they make a great phone, and then find some way to cripple it.
Screen, Small Battery, No SD
Are examples of the past.
Im not saying they are bad phones, but my favorite has still been the Rezound.
25. mobileexpert55 (Posts: 5; Member since: 31 Jan 2013)
Yeah true they always ruin they never give sd card and give an awesome processor whick makes me confused to select drvices
26. rizevnarastek (Posts: 338; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
So the new camera experience would be the three-layer 4,3MP sensor
and the sound experience would be (perhaps the first) smartphone to have stereo speakers on the front?
29. rizevnarastek (Posts: 338; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
Indeed... Not used to write UP (yet, hehe).
28. Guarulhos (Posts: 39; Member since: 19 Sep 2012)
The New HTC Smartphone Has Integration Of An Image Sensor With Size 1" ???
Leica Lenses Have ?
Double ND Filter ?
Xenon Flash From 4th Generation ?
8x Lossless Digital Zoom ?
This Just Cause With These Characteristics This Smartphone Can Be At Higher Quality Photo Nokia 808 PureView PRO !!!
P.S: Maybe The Year 2199, The HTC Cast Cameraphone Better 808 PureView PRO ! :lol: