HTC to bring Android Ice Cream Sandwich update to the Sensation, Rezound, EVO 3D and more
0. phoneArena 07 Nov 2011, 04:27 posted on
HTC just announced the list of Android smartphones that it will upgrade to Ice Cream Sandwich in early 2012. The list includes the HTC Sensation 4G, XL and XE, EVO 3D, Rezound, EVO Design 4G, Amaze 4G...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3104; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
Please keep it mostly stock 4.0 include your widgets but keep it stock!
3. bobfreking55 (Posts: 866; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
And don't make it affect the performance. But please add eye candy.
6. arcq12 (Posts: 733; Member since: 13 Oct 2011)
theres no way they wont include Sense on it.
2. DigitalBath (Posts: 8; Member since: 20 Oct 2011)
I am guessing we will have to see a new version of sense running on ICS.... Im looking forward to it!!
4. protozeloz (Posts: 5396; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
How fast does early 2012 sound? Hopefully really fast
11. roldefol (Posts: 4097; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Same rough timeline as Motorola... although I maintain Moto should run stock ICS and HTC will undoubtedly use Sense.
12. protozeloz (Posts: 5396; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
I think they should scale down their skins to be mainly apps and widgets
15. skymitch89 (Posts: 1291; Member since: 05 Nov 2010)
Considering that it's the 7th of November, that is fairly fast. Also depends on what they consider "early 2012". "Early 2012" could be within the first like 3 months of 2012.
7. bayhuy (Posts: 320; Member since: 23 Jun 2011)
Sense 4.0 FTW !
Stock ICS is not ugly, but...we need the Sense "WOW" effect..
8. aztaxia12295 (Posts: 272; Member since: 22 Nov 2009)
Does this mean htc phones won't lag? I'm thinking of the rezound and I, afraid of the choppiness
10. roldefol (Posts: 4097; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Hopefully ICS' native multicore support will help. It would be nice to see a performance boost with ICS similar to (or better than!) what phones saw with the Froyo upgrade.
13. protozeloz (Posts: 5396; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
ICS has both hardware acceleration and multiple core support so I expect it will be as smooth as WP ot IOS (or at least close)
9. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
HTC - thanks for acknowledging you will be providing an upgrade to ICS. How about another just as important piece of information... WHEN?
16. skymitch89 (Posts: 1291; Member since: 05 Nov 2010)
I think that HTC should update all their 2011 devices to ICS, and hopefully they'll update the Evo Shift to ICS; but with my luck it'll stay on Gingerbread.
18. nb2six (Posts: 298; Member since: 27 Apr 2011)
The TBolt will not get it because it's not a dual core device. ICS is optimized for Dual Core phones. It would just make the Bolt lag especially since it doesnt even have 1GB of ram. I'm thrilled that we got GB on it to be honest!
19. nameless1521 (Posts: 17; Member since: 06 Nov 2011)
But, Nexus S gettting ICS although it has a single core. That can't be a excuse.
20. quesoesgrande (Posts: 217; Member since: 03 Aug 2011)
They said that the sensation is getting ICS but did they mean Europes's Sensation only, America's Sensation 4G only, or both? I hope the my sensation 4G gets ICS...
21. richardyarrell2011 (banned) (Posts: 510; Member since: 16 Mar 2011)
I look forward to the update on my beloved Evo 3d great no doubt. But that won't happen till at least March 2012 I won't wait that long for ice cream sandwich. I will purchase the Galaxy Nexus on Verizon which will be my first pure android device. I look forward to this ice cream sandwich experience ice cream sandwich has made htc sense no longer needed WHY because stock android is no longer UGLY like it was in June 2010 when I purchased my first smartphone the evo 4g. Galaxy Nexus here I come I will have the best of both worlds
23. savien808 (Posts: 59; Member since: 27 Aug 2011)
I just got off the phone with HTC because i had some questions about my Sensation 4G and the guy on the phone told me that the Sesation 4G will get the new ICS update sometime around mid January to early Febuary. He couldnt give me an exact date. But it will be updated to Android 2.4 !!!
So theres something to be exited about!