HTC to be the first partner for Sony's rebranded PlayStation Mobile
0. phoneArena 04 Jun 2012, 21:32 posted on
Sony has been working for quite a while now to bring its PlayStation brand to mobile devices. The work began last year, when the company announced the PlayStation Suite, which would be a program to allow third party manufacturers to bring...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. vvelez5 (Posts: 623; Member since: 29 Jan 2011)
I was just watching the Sony E3 conference where they announced that and I could only think about how huge that partnership is going to be. Other manufacturers are going to have to decide to join in on the action or fall by the wayside.
3. gwuhua1984 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
Now this is something that I've been dreaming about for a long time, now coming true.
4. Chronos (Posts: 257; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
Samsung better get in on this, too. Samsung and Sony are arguably the two greatest electronics corporations in the world.
8. JGuinan007 (Posts: 626; Member since: 19 May 2011)
If Sony really wants to push the PlayStation brand in the mobile space there are three companies they better start shaking hands with very soon Samsung (for android), Nokia (for windows phone), and Apple. But they better be quick Nitendo might already be talkin to Apple, and Windows already has Xbox.
12. htc_prep (Posts: 303; Member since: 09 Oct 2009)
Microsoft will never allow Nokia to place on Sony branded software on their devices. hopefully HTC brings the software to my EVO 4g lte!
17. vvelez5 (Posts: 623; Member since: 29 Jan 2011)
I doubt it since Sony has been kicking around the idea of a Windows Phone powered Sony device. Highly unlikely yes but Microsoft wouldn't block it.
15. Commentator (Posts: 2325; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Interestingly, as one of the largest Windows Phone manufacturers (like that's actually saying something...) HTC has found itself in a position to produce both Xbox and PlayStation certified handsets.
5. skymitch89 (Posts: 1036; Member since: 05 Nov 2010)
It'd be nice if some of the current HTC devices were to get PS Mobile certification.
6. gwuhua1984 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
According to the Verge, HTC One X was used as an example during the announcement, so perhaps HTC One X will get the certification soon?
If One X could get the certification, the SGS3 definitely will have the capability. Samsung will just have to work it out with them, if they want.
21. rn9215 (Posts: 45; Member since: 05 Mar 2012)
Great !...good thing i bought a one x now cant wait for the PS app!
7. AbhiD (Posts: 64; Member since: 06 Apr 2012)
in the latest press release htc has said that the 'one' series will b getting PS certification for now
11. AbhiD (Posts: 64; Member since: 06 Apr 2012)
here is the link-
9. Nickmfnjackson (Posts: 101; Member since: 21 Jan 2010)
Xda, get this on my sgs3 asap. Thanks.
10. AbhiD (Posts: 64; Member since: 06 Apr 2012)
xda can't bring PS certification to ur sgs3... and even if they somehow bring it, sony will sue them downright.
instead of it ask samsung to partner with sony
16. wassup (Posts: 565; Member since: 23 Jun 2011)
trust me, they can.
they ported the beats audio files over to the galaxy series, and they can do it with this as well.
Sony can do nothing to stop modders, even if they try.
and the guy saying buy an HTC, why would i do that?
19. wassup (Posts: 565; Member since: 23 Jun 2011)
why the thumbs downs?
honest question, and you know the guys at XDA definitely can do this.
20. gwuhua1984 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
I agree with you, xda already got the new touchwiz running on the one x. I would try it out, but I just got started on using the Rom I'm on recently. A lil certification would be no challenge.
14. Kalevro (Posts: 56; Member since: 11 Sep 2011)
I'm wondering how much money did HTC give Sony for those rights.
22. 09wbd03516 (banned) (Posts: 140; Member since: 30 May 2012)
just wanna to ask
is controller required to play ps game?!
23. DogsGoMeow (Posts: 18; Member since: 04 May 2012)
MY ENTIRE LIFE HAS LEAD UP TO THIS SINGLE MOMENT IM SOO HAPPY :)