HTC to be the first partner for Sony's rebranded PlayStation Mobile
2. vvelez5 posted on 04 Jun 2012, 21:42 7 1
I was just watching the Sony E3 conference where they announced that and I could only think about how huge that partnership is going to be. Other manufacturers are going to have to decide to join in on the action or fall by the wayside.
3. gwuhua1984 posted on 04 Jun 2012, 22:23 7 3
Now this is something that I've been dreaming about for a long time, now coming true.
4. Chronos posted on 04 Jun 2012, 22:30 6 3
Samsung better get in on this, too. Samsung and Sony are arguably the two greatest electronics corporations in the world.
8. JGuinan007 posted on 04 Jun 2012, 23:17 0 3
If Sony really wants to push the PlayStation brand in the mobile space there are three companies they better start shaking hands with very soon Samsung (for android), Nokia (for windows phone), and Apple. But they better be quick Nitendo might already be talkin to Apple, and Windows already has Xbox.
12. htc_prep posted on 04 Jun 2012, 23:54 6 2
Microsoft will never allow Nokia to place on Sony branded software on their devices. hopefully HTC brings the software to my EVO 4g lte!
17. vvelez5 posted on 05 Jun 2012, 07:44 0 0
I doubt it since Sony has been kicking around the idea of a Windows Phone powered Sony device. Highly unlikely yes but Microsoft wouldn't block it.
15. Commentator posted on 05 Jun 2012, 02:52 7 0
Interestingly, as one of the largest Windows Phone manufacturers (like that's actually saying something...) HTC has found itself in a position to produce both Xbox and PlayStation certified handsets.
5. skymitch89 posted on 04 Jun 2012, 22:33 6 1
It'd be nice if some of the current HTC devices were to get PS Mobile certification.
6. gwuhua1984 posted on 04 Jun 2012, 22:37 7 1
According to the Verge, HTC One X was used as an example during the announcement, so perhaps HTC One X will get the certification soon?
If One X could get the certification, the SGS3 definitely will have the capability. Samsung will just have to work it out with them, if they want.
21. rn9215 posted on 05 Jun 2012, 16:04 3 0
Great !...good thing i bought a one x now cant wait for the PS app!
7. AbhiD posted on 04 Jun 2012, 23:10 4 1
in the latest press release htc has said that the 'one' series will b getting PS certification for now
11. AbhiD posted on 04 Jun 2012, 23:45 2 1
here is the link-
10. AbhiD posted on 04 Jun 2012, 23:37 9 1
xda can't bring PS certification to ur sgs3... and even if they somehow bring it, sony will sue them downright.
instead of it ask samsung to partner with sony
16. wassup posted on 05 Jun 2012, 05:15 2 6
trust me, they can.
they ported the beats audio files over to the galaxy series, and they can do it with this as well.
Sony can do nothing to stop modders, even if they try.
and the guy saying buy an HTC, why would i do that?
19. wassup posted on 05 Jun 2012, 09:41 2 1
why the thumbs downs?
honest question, and you know the guys at XDA definitely can do this.
20. gwuhua1984 posted on 05 Jun 2012, 10:40 2 1
I agree with you, xda already got the new touchwiz running on the one x. I would try it out, but I just got started on using the Rom I'm on recently. A lil certification would be no challenge.
14. Kalevro posted on 05 Jun 2012, 00:45 5 0
I'm wondering how much money did HTC give Sony for those rights.
22. 09wbd03516 (banned) posted on 06 Jun 2012, 05:57 0 0
just wanna to ask
is controller required to play ps game?!
23. DogsGoMeow posted on 10 Jun 2012, 08:22 0 1
MY ENTIRE LIFE HAS LEAD UP TO THIS SINGLE MOMENT IM SOO HAPPY :)