HTC throws a punch at Nokia: Lumia 920 is much heavier than the Windows Phone 8X
0. phoneArena 31 Oct 2012, 05:36 posted on
Lately, Nokia is the company throwing its swagger around and loudly proclaiming how much better its devices are, but HTC won’t just stay and listen to its trash talk…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. wendygarett (unregistered)
LOL +1 for that :)
37. MeoCao (unregistered)
Those 2 OEMs are fighting hard but does it matter in the end?
The phones specs are outdated: Nexus 4, One X+, XiaoMi Mi-2 and Note 2 .. have quad core CPU and much more advanced OS, a hord of new 5" 1080p phones are to be relased in a few months.
I particularly feel sad for Nokia: they try very hard and have a lot of innovations but their efforts were ruined by late introduction of WP8. But that's their decision: siding with an aging and failing company which has "become a government" as some1 put it.
43. -box- (Posts: 3991; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Screen size and core count aren't everything. Show me a regular, everyday user who wouldn't be as well served on a Windows Phone than an Android. Oh, wait, you can't. The Windows Phones run the same chips, architecture, RAM count, screen resolution, etc, as all but the quad-core androids, and does so better because it doesn't need an obscene amount of power to work. Just like there are V6 engines with as much power and resilience as a V8, efficiency and design can beat inefficiency and quick messy compensation.
You androiders should be cheering Nokia on. Every Nokia sold means less consumer reliance on iPhones, something I think we can all agree is a good thing. At least we know Nokia isn't "litigation without innovation" like the fruit stand.
Also: HTC threw a punch at Nokia. It hit, but the hand broke, and Nokia took no damage.
46. JamesHunt (Posts: 37; Member since: 01 Oct 2012)
Adding to your comment , After some days these so called " outdated" phones will run the latest and the greatest games available for other platforms. Its not the same WP fram last months. Its Wp8 !
44. wp8forever (unregistered)
Really u think is outdated what exactly, the fastest and brightest screen is or maybe the wireless charging is or maybe the best camera is outdated, or maybe the design lol you too funny is like saying a Nissan gtr has a v6 engine is outdated right that's why is smoking those Mustang with v8 and the lexus with a v10 remember is no how much power u have is how u used and wp8 optimization is way way over android learn nernd learn.
49. StreetNerd (Posts: 819; Member since: 08 Dec 2010)
MeoCao is a known hater.... just ignore =]
63. arsenaljimenez (Posts: 178; Member since: 03 May 2012)
hahah I know, every comment he/she makes
fight as much as you want, wp8 is coming and its coming harddd
69. Beiron (Posts: 1; Member since: 31 Oct 2012)
Lumia 920 got LTE, Nexus 4 don´t. No specs of Nexus could compensate for this in 2012
72. wassup (Posts: 565; Member since: 23 Jun 2011)
Nexus 4 has Android, no specs of 920 can compensate for this.
73. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
ohh come on thats such a fanboy comment
is this just because nokia didnt go android now you android fans have to attack anything they do
75. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3896; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
You sound like a l'le boy boasting about this new book he got...'Hey dude, check out my new book, it has chapters in it'.
8. nd_arn (Posts: 14; Member since: 16 Oct 2012)
yeah . u r right
JUST -------> NOKIA LUMIA 920
13. lubba (Posts: 1313; Member since: 17 Jan 2011)
It feels good sometimes to be a fanboy doesn't it?
28. Kronic (banned) (Posts: 321; Member since: 11 Sep 2012)
Obviously because lumia 920 is 80% more advanced. Nokia is the king of windows phone.
31. zuckerboy (banned) (Posts: 898; Member since: 22 Dec 2011)
920 is bulky. if u wanna carry brick with u get the 920
64. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3896; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
If the BRICK has the most sensitive touchscreen with OIS and wireless charging along with quality and trust of good built and HAS 920 written over it then yes, i'll carry the brick!! Need i add more???
40. -box- (Posts: 3991; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
As a professional photographer once told me, you have to have the right tool for the job, and if that means lugging around two stage cases of camera bodies and lenses for one sporting event, so be it, as long as you can accomplish the tasks at hand. So what if the 920 happens to have a tad bit more weight? You only get one chance to capture life's moments, so use the best equipment possible, so if a new modern smartphone with a camera is what meets that criteria, there is only one choice, the Lumia 920. Not only that, you get Nokia's legendary build, calling, and reception qualities, much better screen (which is usable outdoors in sunlight!), and none of the worries that have been plaguing HTC of late. The WP8X may be a great phone and a signature phone, it isn't the best nor the flagship, nor the one capturing the public's attention
57. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1163; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
54. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1163; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
86. gothicheart (Posts: 83; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
completely agree with you bro. I'm not sure why phonearena would post an article like this when the could have posted this one...
Hey HTC, Here is Why The Nokia Lumia 920 is Worth Carrying the Extra “20 Pennies Around"
1) It gets you a bigger screen:
The Nokia Lumia 920 has a 4.5 inch PureMotion HD+ display; 1,280×768 pixels.
The HTC WP 8X has a 4.3 inch Super LCD 2; 1,280×720 pixels.
2) It gets you a better camera:
The Nokia Lumia 920 has a 8.7-mp camera with OIS and “pureview technology”
The HTC WP 8X has an 8mp with “zero shutter lag”
How big of a difference does this make? Check out the low light test done by The Verge comparing the two.
3) It gets you double the memory:
The Nokia Lumia 920 has 32GB of internal memory
The HTC WP 8X has 16GB of internal memory
4) It gets you a bigger battery:
The Nokia Lumia 920 has a 2000 mah Battery
The HTC WP 8X has a 1800 mAh Battery
5) It gets you more connectable to your other devices:
The Nokia Lumia 920 has Bluetooth 4.0
The HTC WP 8X has Bluetooth 2.1
6) It gets you wireless charging:
The Nokia Lumia 920 has wireless charging
The HTC WP 8X doesn’t have wireless charging
7) It gets you better apps:
The Nokia Lumia 920 has exclusive Nokia apps like Angry Birds Roost, Vimeo, Red Bull, Nokia Music, Bloomberg, Groupon, etc…
The HTC WP 8X has exclusive HTC apps like the HTC Hub, Flashlight, and a compass
So there it is, Kevin’s roundup of the advantages of the Nokia Lumia 920.
And I can even add some, if I may.
Adding to point 7, I would like to fill in some of the etc. with Nokia City Lens and Nokia Transport.
On a sidenote: Nokia is really making some very serious contributions to the Windows Phone 8 platform, which can’t be said (at all) from HTC (or Samsung, for that matter). All Windows Phone 8 devices will be powered by Nokia Maps ánd will get Nokia Drive even, if the other producers choose to include it. On top of that, Nokia Drive will be much better than it was already, including route planning options to avoid toll roads, ferries, etc. I suggest you read all about that in this very interesting post at Nokia Conversations. Remember: Nokia Drive is free and even works offline.
But there is more:
8) The Nokia Lumia 920 gets you a supersensitive touchscreen, so you’ll be able to use it with your gloves on. With winter coming up, that is no small advantage in my opinion. But it’s so new and maybe even unexpected, it’s easily overlooked.
87. gothicheart (Posts: 83; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
9) Nokia comes with a line of accessories that might make you drewl. Not only the wireless charging pillow by Fat Boy, but also color matching and really gorgeous looking BlueTooth headsets by Monster for instance.
And there is the high-quality JBL speaker where you can stream your music (with NFC on you will connect automatically) and charge your Lumia wireless at the same time. That is really adding value to the smartphone experience in my opinion, although of course it will need a substantial investment from you part.
4. wp8forever (unregistered)
HTC should analyze why is heavier lol maybe cuz it has a better camera, better and faster screen, bigger battery,wireless charging and better build quality lol that's why HTC but don't get me wrong HTC 8x is a great phone I'm just explain why nokia 920 is heavier and seems to you that's a problem and is so so so heavy I been going to the gym to be able to pick it up cuz no matter what even if God come to earth imvgetter getting the lumia 920 lol.
6. KParks23 (Posts: 627; Member since: 13 Oct 2010)
Glad were on the same page 1up u posted right before me lol... im a android user and prolly wont get a WP anytime soon but that 920 is awesome and im very impressed should sell and do very well as long as people push there family and friends to it!
12. maverick786us (Posts: 150; Member since: 20 Apr 2012)
HTC is a cheap plastic compared to solid polycarbonate shell of Lumia 920 having cermaic buttons